|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the First Lord of the Lords Commissioners not happy about allowing captured Spanish vessels to be considered prizes?
(a) Aubrey benefits from the prizes.
(b) First Lord fears a Spanish retaliation.
(c) Prime minister is sympathizing with the Spanish.
(d) Fortune goes to Sir Joseph Blain.
2. What does Aubrey leave on the H.M.S. Surprise as a token of an earlier encounter?
(a) He carves his initials on the main cap.
(b) He stashes letters in a secret compartment.
(c) He leaves the French code book.
(d) He leaves a cache of silver.
3. What is Nicolls' general state of mind when he takes the side trip with Maturin?
(a) He is in despair.
(b) He is unhappy with Aubrey's treatment of him.
(c) He is enthusiastic about the voyage.
(d) He is anxious to further his career.
4. How does Mr. Nicolls, the second lieutenant, appear during the inspection?
(a) He is dirty and unkept.
(b) He is late and then rude to the other officers.
(c) He is a good example for the rest of the sailors.
(d) He refuses to appear on deck.
5. What travel plans does Sir Joseph arrange for Maturin after the physician's ordeal at Minorca?
(a) He hires Maturin to accompany him to Bombay.
(b) He gets safe passage back to Spain for Maturin.
(c) He arranges for Maturin to sale to South Africa.
(d) He secures a voyage for Maturin to Kampong.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the close of chapter three, what symbol of peace does Aubrey return to?
2. The islet of St. Paul's Rocks is located where?
3. How does Aubrey know he can trust the man he meets at Minorca?
4. From what disorder does Aubrey think some of the men are suffering?
5. What is Aubrey's fate upon return to England from Port Mahon??
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)