|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is Maturin able to make use of the rowboat?
(a) No because Nicolls takes it.
(b) No because his broken arm prevents him from being able to row the boat.
(c) No becasuse the boat is lost in the storm.
(d) No because he can't make the boat water tight.
2. How long does the rescue of Maturin take?
(a) They get away after a week.
(b) The entire rescue is accomplished in one night.
(c) It takes three days for them to safely get away.
(d) The rescue becomes a two day ordeal.
3. How does Maturin react to what Sir Joseph tells him at their meeting after the lecture?
(a) He leaves for South Africa.
(b) He determines to complete his mission,
(c) He does not believe Sir Joseph.
(d) He decides to call off his mission.
4. What history, if any, does Aubrey have with the H.M.S. Surprise?
(a) He hears the H.M.S. Surprise is bad luck.
(b) He serves on the vessel when he is younger.
(c) H.M.S. Surprise is another blockade vessel.
(d) He's never heard of the vessel.
5. From whom does Aubrey receive several personal letters in Chapter two?
(a) From Diana Villiers.
(b) From Sophia.
(c) From Admiral Harte.
(d) He gets no personal mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aubrey know he can trust the man he meets at Minorca?
2. How do Maturin's travel plans in chapter four involve Mr. Stanhope?
3. What becomes of the biological specimens collected on the rocks?
4. What does Maragall arrange to ease Aubrey's arrival at Port Mahon?
5. On the way to the reunion with H.M.S. Lively's regular captain, Aubrey is supposed to rendezvous with whom?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)