|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Captain Jack Aubrey leaves the blockade when ordered to go where?
(a) To Minorca.
(b) Back to England.
(c) To India.
(d) To head for the Netherlands.
2. When church services are held on Sunday in chapter 5, who preaches the sermon?
(c) Mr. White.
(d) Mr. Stanhope.
3. What is Nicolls' general state of mind when he takes the side trip with Maturin?
(a) He is anxious to further his career.
(b) He is enthusiastic about the voyage.
(c) He is unhappy with Aubrey's treatment of him.
(d) He is in despair.
4. How does Mrs. Williams react to Aubrey's situation in chapter four?
(a) She shuns Aubrey outside the House of Lords.
(b) She uses Aubry's misfortune to forbid Sophie's seeing him.
(c) She encourages Maturin to help Aubrey.
(d) She offers Aubrey financial help.
5. How does Maturin handle the confession of Nicolls?
(a) He suggests they immediatly return to the H.M.S. Surprise.
(b) He tells Nicolls he will consult with Aubrey.
(c) He plays down what Nicolls has to say.
(d) He refers Nicoll's to Stanhope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jack Aubrey familiar with Port Mahon?
2. From whom does Aubrey receive several personal letters in Chapter two?
3. What does Maragall arrange to ease Aubrey's arrival at Port Mahon?
4. What is Canning's religious background?
5. To what kind of lecture does Maturin go to in Chapter one?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)