|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maturin's reaction to the heat he experiences on the side trip with Nicolls?
(a) He cuts short the trip.
(b) He is energized.
(c) He becomes dizzy.
(d) He is taken ill by the heat.
2. What is Maturin's preferred method of recovery when he returns to Britain from Port Mahon?
(a) He takes the waters at Bath.
(b) He is attended to by Scottish physicians.
(c) He tries some poultices.
(d) He resorts to herbal tonics.
3. What is Aubrey's fate upon return to England from Port Mahon??
(a) He is stripped of his commission.
(b) He is attacked on the street.
(c) He is accused of assault.
(d) He is cast into debtor's prison.
4. What does Maturin have Aubrey's men take from the Port Mahon prison?
(a) French official documents.
(b) Implements of torture.
(c) French weapons.
(d) Money and jewels.
5. In chapter five, does the envoy Stanhope enjoy his voyage on H.M.S. Surprise?
(a) He is in constant fear that the French are after him.
(b) He is enthusiastic about serving on the crew.
(c) He is very ill and unhappy.
(d) He gets joy from the beautiful scenery.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter one, what is the assignment of H.M.S. Lively?
2. Where does Aubrey meet with Sophie when he leaves the Grapes?
3. To what kind of lecture does Maturin go to in Chapter one?
4. Who wants to examine the biological specimens on St. Paul's Rocks?
5. During their short trip in the rowboat, what surprising weather catches Nicolls and Maturin off guard?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)