|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When supplies run low on H.M.S. Lively, what do some of the crew resort to eating?
(a) They chew on leather strapping.
(b) Some resort to cannibalism.
(c) They eat rats from the hold.
(d) They eat beetles and other insects.
2. After the secret meeting with Sophie in chapter four, where does Aubrey go with Maturin?
(a) They set out for the H.M.S. Surprise.
(b) They find Mr. Canning's home.
(c) They visit Sir Joseph and Mr. Waring.
(d) They travel together to Bath.
3. What does Sir Joseph Blain discuss with Maturin after the lecture?
(a) French breaking the blockade.
(b) Maturin's illicit affair.
(c) Their trip to South Africa.
(d) Maturin's identity being disclosed.
4. Who is set to take the place of Sir Joseph who is retiring?
(a) Admiral Harte.
(d) Mr. Waring.
5. What does Aubrey hope to make the Port Mahon rescue appear to be?
(a) Work of pirates.
(b) Unaided uprising of jailed men.
(c) Locals aiding the prisoners.
(d) English attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maturin get to the gunboat after the escape from the Port Mahon prison?
2. Whom do Aubrey and his men plan to free at Port Mahon?
3. Why does the First Lord's mention of Stephen Maturin shock and dismay Sir Joseph Blain?
4. What does Aubrey leave on the H.M.S. Surprise as a token of an earlier encounter?
5. When does Aubrey first go ashore at Minorca?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)