|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what means does Aubrey sneak away from the Grapes in order to meet with Sophie?
(a) He hides in a hearse.
(b) He hides on a gun boat.
(c) He uses a guard's uniform.
(d) He signals from the beach to the rescue boat .
2. How successful is Aubrey's message of flashes when he first gets to Minorca?
(a) He gets Maturin's signals back .
(b) He misreads the response.
(c) He gets no replay from Maturin.
(d) He draws attention of the French.
3. Why are many of the prisoners in bad physical condition at Port Mahon's French prison?
(a) There are no food rations.
(b) They suffer at the torture rack.
(c) They contract cholera.
(d) There is an epidemic of typhus.
4. What gruesome occurrence follows the French attempt to retaliate on gunboats against Aubrey and H.M.S. Lively?
(a) French gunboats sink.
(b) English crewI ignores white flag and continues to attack.
(c) Pressed Asian sailors laughter at every French attacker.
(d) Aubrey's crew tortures French captives.
5. Who visit Maturin during his convalescence to record his experiences with the French at Minorca?
(a) Bonden and Killick.
(b) Aubrey and Killick.
(c) Sophia and her mother.
(d) Sir Joseph and Mr. Waring.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what kind of lecture does Maturin go to in Chapter one?
2. What is Captain Aubrey's attitude toward an opportunity to command H.M.S. Surprise?
3. Whom do Aubrey and his men plan to free at Port Mahon?
4. What do the officers and crew of H.M.S. Lively think of their temporary captain, Aubrey?
5. With what kind of communication does Aubrey augment the initial method of light flashes at Minorca?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)