|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter one, what is the assignment of H.M.S. Lively?
(a) Escorting the captured Spanish vessels.
(b) Leading an attack on the Spanish.
(c) Going to India.
(d) Blockading the French.
2. How does Maturin aid in Aubrey's rescue attempt at Port Mahon?
(a) He kills an escaping French officer.
(b) He joins in the battle.
(c) He supplies disguises.
(d) He entices the French commander back to prison.
3. How does Mrs. Williams react to Aubrey's situation in chapter four?
(a) She shuns Aubrey outside the House of Lords.
(b) She offers Aubrey financial help.
(c) She encourages Maturin to help Aubrey.
(d) She uses Aubry's misfortune to forbid Sophie's seeing him.
4. What does Sir Joseph Blain discuss with Maturin after the lecture?
(a) Their trip to South Africa.
(b) Maturin's identity being disclosed.
(c) French breaking the blockade.
(d) Maturin's illicit affair.
5. At the beginning of the book, with whom is Dr. Stephen Maturin recently involved romantically?
(a) A secret romantic interest.
(b) Sophie's sister.
(c) Diana Villiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maturin help Aubrey's career in Chapter four?
2. How does Aubrey know he can trust the man he meets at Minorca?
3. Where does Aubrey meet with Sophie when he leaves the Grapes?
4. How does Maturin react to what Sir Joseph tells him at their meeting after the lecture?
5. What is the name of the officer who witnesses the Port Mahon rescue and slips into the night?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)