|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the coast like where Aubrey goes ashore at Minorca?
(a) Deserted area of the coast.
(b) Small French fort.
(c) Bustling port city.
(d) Sheltered cove near the shipbuilding yard.
2. In chapter thret, how do Aubrey and members of his crew gain access to Port Mahon?
(a) They use Maragall's Spanish boat.
(b) They use the French boat they capture.
(c) They use the cover of the night.
(d) They pretend to be a group of fishermen.
3. After the prison rescue, how long do Aubrey and his men wait before leaving Port Mahon?
(a) They are delayed for weeks.
(b) They wait for three days.
(c) They leave the afternoon after the prisoners are freed.
(d) They sail as soon as assembled.
4. What French information that Aubrey acquires aids in his sailing into Port Mahon?
(a) Maragall sends the prison location through a native boy.
(b) He uses the French map smuggled by Maturin.
(c) He uses a code book from a captured French gunboat.
(d) Captured French sailor reveals secret codes.
5. In chapter two, where is Maturin imprisoned?
(a) Stockade near Paris.
(b) Port Mahon.
(c) On a French ship.
(d) In London.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the French soldiers guarding the prisoners at Port Mahon escape harm?
2. What is Canning's religious background?
3. What does Aubrey hope to make the Port Mahon rescue appear to be?
4. How does Aubrey know he can trust the man he meets at Minorca?
5. How does Maturin aid in Aubrey's rescue attempt at Port Mahon?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)