|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sophie's meeting with Maturin in chapter one take place?
(a) Sophie's cousin's estate.
(b) Mapes Court.
(c) Cafe near Sophie's home.
(d) Home of Captain Jack Aubrey.
2. How does Maturin aid in Aubrey's rescue attempt at Port Mahon?
(a) He supplies disguises.
(b) He entices the French commander back to prison.
(c) He kills an escaping French officer.
(d) He joins in the battle.
3. What gruesome occurrence follows the French attempt to retaliate on gunboats against Aubrey and H.M.S. Lively?
(a) Pressed Asian sailors laughter at every French attacker.
(b) English crewI ignores white flag and continues to attack.
(c) French gunboats sink.
(d) Aubrey's crew tortures French captives.
4. What is found on the French gunboat that may aid Aubrey against the French?
(a) An English prisoner.
(b) Cache of weapons.
(c) Current French codebook.
(d) Intercepted English messages.
5. Whom do Aubrey and his men plan to free at Port Mahon?
(a) All prisoners held by the French.
(b) Sailors captured the night before.
(c) Only Maturin.
(d) Chinese prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter thret, how do Aubrey and members of his crew gain access to Port Mahon?
2. Maturin pays to stay informed of the whereabouts of whom?
3. How does H.M.S. Lively get messages and mail while on blockade duty?
4. When does Aubrey first go ashore at Minorca?
5. What does Margall tell Aubrey about Maturin's status on Minorca?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)