|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the First Lord of the Lords Commissioners not happy about allowing captured Spanish vessels to be considered prizes?
(a) Aubrey benefits from the prizes.
(b) First Lord fears a Spanish retaliation.
(c) Fortune goes to Sir Joseph Blain.
(d) Prime minister is sympathizing with the Spanish.
2. Sophie talks to Maturin in chapter one about the temporary assignment of whom?
(a) High Lord's temporary position.
(b) Sir Joseph Blain's appointment.
(c) Aubrey on H.M.S. Lively.
(d) Maturin's upcoming field work.
3. On the way to the reunion with H.M.S. Lively's regular captain, Aubrey is supposed to rendezvous with whom?
(b) Unknown British spy.
(d) Sir Joseph Blain.
4. In chapter one, what is the assignment of H.M.S. Lively?
(a) Leading an attack on the Spanish.
(b) Blockading the French.
(c) Escorting the captured Spanish vessels.
(d) Going to India.
5. In chapter two, where is Maturin imprisoned?
(a) Port Mahon.
(b) In London.
(c) Stockade near Paris.
(d) On a French ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found on the French gunboat that may aid Aubrey against the French?
2. Who is Richard Canning?
3. In chapter one, with whom does Sophie Williams meet?
4. What is the ruling of the First Lord about the seized Spanish ships?
5. What is the coast like where Aubrey goes ashore at Minorca?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)