|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When church services are held on Sunday in chapter 5, who preaches the sermon?
(a) Mr. Stanhope.
(b) Mr. White.
2. While in Bombay, what does Maturin learn becomes of Sophie's sisters?
(a) One sister is pregnant and the other runs away.
(b) They are both married.
(c) They both find jobs as governesses.
(d) They move to Scotland.
3. How long does the rescue of Maturin take?
(a) The entire rescue is accomplished in one night.
(b) They get away after a week.
(c) It takes three days for them to safely get away.
(d) The rescue becomes a two day ordeal.
4. What do Diana and Maturin discuss about the local girl Dil?
(a) He is afraid of scandal.
(b) He complains about Dil's laziness.
(c) He wants to help Dil.
(d) He asks Diana to hire Dil.
5. Does Stanhope's death come as a surprise to others on the H.M.S. Surprise?
(a) The officers are surprised since Stanhope is so young.
(b) No one expects Stanhope to die.
(c) The death of Stanhope surprises no one after his continued illness.
(d) Only Maturin is surprised by Stanhope dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who represents the East India Company in Calcutta?
2. In chapter two, where is Maturin imprisoned?
3. While traveling under the new orders, where does Aubrey engage in a skirmish with the French?
4. How many of the French soldiers guarding the prisoners at Port Mahon escape harm?
5. What gift does Maturin make to Dil?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)