|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When supplies run low on H.M.S. Lively, what do some of the crew resort to eating?
(a) Some resort to cannibalism.
(b) They chew on leather strapping.
(c) They eat beetles and other insects.
(d) They eat rats from the hold.
2. After the prison rescue, how long do Aubrey and his men wait before leaving Port Mahon?
(a) They leave the afternoon after the prisoners are freed.
(b) They are delayed for weeks.
(c) They wait for three days.
(d) They sail as soon as assembled.
3. Why is the First Lord of the Lords Commissioners not happy about allowing captured Spanish vessels to be considered prizes?
(a) Fortune goes to Sir Joseph Blain.
(b) Prime minister is sympathizing with the Spanish.
(c) Aubrey benefits from the prizes.
(d) First Lord fears a Spanish retaliation.
4. From whom does Aubrey receive several personal letters in Chapter two?
(a) He gets no personal mail.
(b) From Admiral Harte.
(c) From Diana Villiers.
(d) From Sophia.
5. After the secret meeting with Sophie in chapter four, where does Aubrey go with Maturin?
(a) They visit Sir Joseph and Mr. Waring.
(b) They travel together to Bath.
(c) They set out for the H.M.S. Surprise.
(d) They find Mr. Canning's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aubrey's fate upon return to England from Port Mahon??
2. In chapter thret, how do Aubrey and members of his crew gain access to Port Mahon?
3. When does Aubrey first go ashore at Minorca?
4. What French information that Aubrey acquires aids in his sailing into Port Mahon?
5. At the beginning of the book, with whom is Dr. Stephen Maturin recently involved romantically?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)