|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter six, how long is Maturin on the rocky islets?
(a) 7 days.
(b) Three days.
(c) For weeks.
(d) 24 hours.
2. As H.M.S. Surprise turns toward home, what group of ships does it first encounter?
(a) Local fishing boats.
(b) French armada.
(c) Spanish vessels.
(d) China fleet.
3. At the end of chapter six, where does the ship arrive at harbor?
(c) Santiago, Chile.
4. What two men occasionally play music on the ship during the voyage to India?
(a) Stanhope and Atkins.
(b) Two of the crew,
(c) Aubrey and Maturin.
(d) Mr. White and Pullings.
5. In chapter thret, how do Aubrey and members of his crew gain access to Port Mahon?
(a) They use the cover of the night.
(b) They use the French boat they capture.
(c) They use Maragall's Spanish boat.
(d) They pretend to be a group of fishermen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the French soldiers guarding the prisoners at Port Mahon escape harm?
2. In what direction is the H.M.S. Surprise headed while in the sea near Brazil?
3. Whom do Aubrey and his men plan to free at Port Mahon?
4. What are the losses suffered by the H.M.S. Surprise and the China fleet in their encounter with Linois?
5. What is the general attitude towards Mr. Atkins?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)