|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How prosperous is the China fleet?
(a) They have cargo totaling one million pounds sterling.
(b) They have goods and cash worth about six hundred pounds sterling.
(c) They are carrying about three million pounds sterling.
(d) The goods are valued at six million pounds sterling.
2. What does Maturin have Aubrey's men take from the Port Mahon prison?
(a) French weapons.
(b) Implements of torture.
(c) French official documents.
(d) Money and jewels.
3. What are the losses suffered by the H.M.S. Surprise and the China fleet in their encounter with Linois?
(a) A few dead, more wounded, and damage to the ship.
(b) Only one sailor is killed.
(c) Aubrey is the only man wounded.
(d) No damage.
4. Besides the squall that maroons Maturin, what other frustrating weather does the H.M.S. Surprise experience near Brazil?
(a) Dry weather that depletes the drinking water.
(b) Dangerous tradewinds.
(c) Calm winds and excessive heat.
(d) Clouds that affect navigation.
5. At the end of chapter six, where does the ship arrive at harbor?
(c) Santiago, Chile.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what woman does Maturin think during chapter six?
2. What is the probable fate of many prisoners freed along with Maturin?
3. Atkins and Stanhope are lectured about sailing by what man?
4. Whom do Aubrey and his men plan to free at Port Mahon?
5. Who is appointed as acting third lieutenant after Maturin returns without Nicolls?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)