|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hitler start referring to the government as in Part 1 of "Levered into Power"?
2. What woman was Hitler associated with in 1931?
3. Who did Hitler study to create his public persona?
4. What was Alfred Rosenberg role at the start of Part 1 of "Emergence of the Leader"?
5. What was the unrest faced by the government fueled by in Part 2 of "Breakthrough"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the German Worker's Party fare during Hitler's imprisonment?
2. What was Hitler behavior during Christmas Eve 1924, and what excuse did Hitler make?
3. Who was Paul von Breckendorff und von Hindenburg, and what happened to him in 1934?
4. What was Nazification?
5. What did Hitler demand of the government, and how were those demands met?
6. What happened during the Hitler's youth rally in Potsdam?
7. Who was left in charge of the party during Hitler's imprisonment, and how did he fare?
8. Why did the German people accept what happened during the Night of the Long Knives?
9. What happened to Eva Braun in "Levered into Power"?
10. Who did Hitler spend his Christmas Eve 1924 with according to "Mastery Over the Movement"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ian Kershaw begins the book by focusing on the family of Adolf Hitler. Examine the role that Hitler's family had in his life, and analyze who had the most influence on Hitler.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the goals of the German Workers' Party before Hitler joined and after, analyzing how the party was affected by Hitler.
Essay Topic 3
Examine why countries require military service of its citizens, analyzing both its advantages and disadvantages for the government and citizens and how required military service impacted Hitler.
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)