|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the purpose of Dachau according to the press conference held for its opening?
2. What did Hitler do as Paul von Breckendorff und von Hindenburg lay on his death bed?
3. What was Saxony the first state to do?
4. Who was Geli Raubal the daughter of?
5. What terms did Hitler begin to connect while in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the Nazi party after the 1930 election?
2. How did Hitler's first radio broadcast as Chancellor go according to Kershaw?
3. What does Kershaw say was one of the only Jewish movements to worry about Hitler's agenda?
4. What was the Night of the Long Knives?
5. Who was Geli Raubal, and what happened to her?
6. How many women did Hitler have in his life according to Kershaw in "Mastery Over the Movement"?
7. Why were Nazi party members sentenced to death, and how did Hitler manage the situation according to "Levered into Power"?
8. What happened to Eva Braun in "Levered into Power"?
9. Who was Paul von Breckendorff und von Hindenburg, and what happened to him in 1934?
10. Who was left in charge of the party during Hitler's imprisonment, and how did he fare?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ian Kershaw begins the book by focusing on the family of Adolf Hitler. Examine the role that Hitler's family had in his life, and analyze who had the most influence on Hitler.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the impact that Hitler had on the audience, and discuss why he had such an impact.
Essay Topic 3
Students should examine the impact of lack of friendship on Hitler and why he seemed more distraught over Foxl than fellow soldiers.
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)