|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Part 3 say blew over as the 1930 elections were about to occur?
2. What did Hitler's time in jail allow him to do?
3. What did Hitler say when he stood up for Rohm early in the Nazi Party life?
4. What did Hitler do in Geneva according to Part 8 of "The Making of the Dictator"?
5. Where did Hitler spend Christmas Eve 1924?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hitler's first radio broadcast as Chancellor go according to Kershaw?
2. What did Hitler demand of the government, and how were those demands met?
3. Why did people join the Nazi party according to the story told in "Breakthrough"?
4. What happened to the Nazi party after the 1930 election?
5. What happened to Eva Braun in "Levered into Power"?
6. What was Nazification?
7. What did Hitler do while in prison in 1924?
8. Why were Nazi party members sentenced to death, and how did Hitler manage the situation according to "Levered into Power"?
9. What was the Law for the Prevention of Hereditary Diseased Offspring, which was passed in 1933?
10. Who was Paul von Breckendorff und von Hindenburg, and what happened to him in 1934?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ian Kershaw begins the book by focusing on the family of Adolf Hitler. Examine the role that Hitler's family had in his life, and analyze who had the most influence on Hitler.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the changes in the German government from the beginning of the book to the end, examining how it impacted the people of Germany.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the impact that Hitler had on the audience, and discuss why he had such an impact.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)