|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of Rohm did Hitler stand against?
2. What did Hitler do as Paul von Breckendorff und von Hindenburg lay on his death bed?
3. Who did Hitler want to gain living space at the expense of ?
4. What happened after the 1930 elections for the Nazi party?
5. What happened between Rohm and Hitler at the start of Part 1 of "Securing Total Power"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Nazification?
2. How did Hitler's first radio broadcast as Chancellor go according to Kershaw?
3. What did Hitler do to render himself unapproachable according to Kershaw?
4. Why did people join the Nazi party according to the story told in "Breakthrough"?
5. What was the Night of the Long Knives?
6. What happened during the Hitler's youth rally in Potsdam?
7. What does Kershaw say was one of the only Jewish movements to worry about Hitler's agenda?
8. Who was left in charge of the party during Hitler's imprisonment, and how did he fare?
9. How long did Hitler stay in prison and how was he released?
10. How did the German Worker's Party fare during Hitler's imprisonment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Students should examine the impact of lack of friendship on Hitler and why he seemed more distraught over Foxl than fellow soldiers.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the changes in the German government from the beginning of the book to the end, examining how it impacted the people of Germany.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the impact that Hitler had on the audience, and discuss why he had such an impact.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)