|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hitler learn from those in charge of Vienna's anti-semitic movements?
2. What does Ian Kershaw say the army provided Hitler with?
3. What made the people ready for Hitler's message in the 1920s?
4. How many speakers were talking before Adolf Hitler at the meeting mentioned in "The Beerhall Agitator"?
5. How does Ian Kershaw describe Hitler's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Hitler attend a meeting and subsequently join the German Workers' Party according to Kershaw?
2. What did the military provide Hitler, and how did he integrate?
3. What army did Hitler join and how was it accepted?
4. What was Hitler's moral stand when he was living in Vienna?
5. What was Hitler dissatisfied with, and what did he do to correct it in "The Drummer"?
6. What sign of self confidence does the author say was demonstrated in Adolf's decision to go to Vienna to study painting?
7. What did Hitler's speech as chairman of the German Workers' Party call for?
8. Who was Adolf's grandfather according to Ian Kershaw?
9. Why did Hitler threaten to leave the German Workers' Party, and why did the leader of the Party ask for his return?
10. Why was Adolf able to convince his mother to let him go to Vienna?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Mussolini and Hitler, discussing the similarities and differences in their leadership styles and the impact that each on their respective countries.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of Hitler creating a public image, how he created his public image, as well as the impact it had on the German people.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the changes in the German government from the beginning of the book to the end, examining how it impacted the people of Germany.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)