|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of material did Hitler start buying at the end of "Drop-Out"?
2. What would the German Workers' Party eventually be known as?
3. Where was Hitler's sent to to answer the charge of failing to register with the military?
4. What did Hitler think should be enough to allow him to succeed?
5. What created the perfect situation for Nazi propaganda according to Kershaw?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the things Kershaw says that Hitler believed would be enough for his success, and was he right?
2. Why was Hitler arrested in 1913 and how did he avoid prison?
3. What lesson did Hitler learn from anti-Semitic movements during his time in Vienna according to "Drop-Out"?
4. Why did Hitler leave Vienna according to "Drop-Out"?
5. What was Hitler dissatisfied with, and what did he do to correct it in "The Drummer"?
6. What did Hitler do after the war ended according to "Discovering a Talent"?
7. Who was Adolf's grandfather according to Ian Kershaw?
8. What did Hitler do after clashes between the government and Communists according to Part 6 of "The Drummer"?
9. Who does Kershaw say took little notice of Hitler's appointment as chairman of the German Workers' Party?
10. Who did people in Germany start to blame for the war and the loss after the end of World War I according to Ian Kershaw?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Students should examine the relationship between Captain Mayr and Hitler as well as why Hitler was put in charge of the "Jewish question" despite being told to tone down his public comments.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the terms Nazi, Communist, and Marxist, discussing the similarities and differences between the three groups.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the impact that Hitler had on the audience, and discuss why he had such an impact.
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)