|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Hitler develop a close friendship with as a teenager?
2. What did Hitler avoid because he thought they were decadent and crawling with infection?
3. Who was Hitler assigned to in Part 2 of "Discovering a Talent"?
4. What type of information does Kershaw say Hitler was looking to read?
5. What happened to Hitler in 1905?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wasn't Adolf named Schicklgruber according to "Fantasy and Failure"?
2. What did Hitler say that one's stand on the Jewish question should be based on, and what was Hitler's stand?
3. What school did Hitler try to apply to a second time?
4. What was Hitler asked to tone down during his work in Mayr's office and why?
5. What were the things Kershaw says that Hitler believed would be enough for his success, and was he right?
6. What was Hitler's assignment during the war, and how did he fare?
7. Why was Hitler arrested in 1913 and how did he avoid prison?
8. Who arrived in power that inspired Hitler to become the same kind of leader he was according to "The Drummer"?
9. Who was Adolf's grandfather according to Ian Kershaw?
10. Why did Hitler come to the attention of Karl Mayr?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Students should examine Hitler's role in the Bavarian Army, what impact it had on him, and why he did not want to leave military service.
Essay Topic 2
Students should examine the relationship between Captain Mayr and Hitler as well as why Hitler was put in charge of the "Jewish question" despite being told to tone down his public comments.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of Hitler creating a public image, how he created his public image, as well as the impact it had on the German people.
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)