|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Hitler live in Vienna according to "Drop-Out"?
2. What would the German Workers' Party eventually be known as?
3. Who was Hitler assigned to in Part 2 of "Discovering a Talent"?
4. Who was Hitler moving to his new apartment with in Part II of "Elation and Embitterment"?
5. What does Ian Kershaw say was vital to the success of Hitler as a public speaker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the military provide Hitler, and how did he integrate?
2. What happened to Hitler after the failed coup of 1924?
3. What army did Hitler join and how was it accepted?
4. Who was Karl May for Hitler?
5. Why wasn't Adolf named Schicklgruber according to "Fantasy and Failure"?
6. Why did Hitler threaten to leave the German Workers' Party, and why did the leader of the Party ask for his return?
7. Who arrived in power that inspired Hitler to become the same kind of leader he was according to "The Drummer"?
8. Why did Hitler attend a meeting and subsequently join the German Workers' Party according to Kershaw?
9. What did Hitler start reading after moving to Munich from Vienna according to Ian Kershaw?
10. What was Hitler's assignment during the war, and how did he fare?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the goals of the German Workers' Party before Hitler joined and after, analyzing how the party was affected by Hitler.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of Hitler creating a public image, how he created his public image, as well as the impact it had on the German people.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the impact that the attack against separatist leader, Otto Ballerstedt had on the Nazi Party, why Hitler was charged, and the effect his time in prison had on the party in terms of publicity.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)