|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ian Kershaw say Hitler was good at during his speeches?
(a) Creating fear.
(b) Rousing anger and resentment.
(c) Making jokes.
(d) Demoralizing Jews.
2. How were Adolf's grade in primary school?
(b) Lower than average.
3. Who was the only person that Adolf loved according to Ian Kershaw?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His uncle.
4. What was Hitler's official goal in returning to Vienna?
(a) Study law.
(b) Meet a woman.
(c) Find a job.
(d) Study architecture.
5. What did Hitler name the stray dog he took in while in the army?
(b) Mr. Karl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Hitler buy a lottery ticket with in "Fantasy and Failure"?
2. Who was Hitler assigned to in Part 2 of "Discovering a Talent"?
3. How long did Hitler live in Vienna according to "Drop-Out"?
4. What did the German Workers' Party forbid?
5. What did Hitler start to develop in Part 5 of "Drop-Out"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Hitler's assignment during the war, and how did he fare?
2. Why was Adolf able to convince his mother to let him go to Vienna?
3. Who did people in Germany start to blame for the war and the loss after the end of World War I according to Ian Kershaw?
4. Who was Adolf's grandfather according to Ian Kershaw?
5. What sign of self confidence does the author say was demonstrated in Adolf's decision to go to Vienna to study painting?
6. Why wasn't Adolf named Schicklgruber according to "Fantasy and Failure"?
7. Why was Adolf's mother protective of him?
8. Why did Hitler come to the attention of Karl Mayr?
9. What did Hitler start reading after moving to Munich from Vienna according to Ian Kershaw?
10. Who does Kershaw say took little notice of Hitler's appointment as chairman of the German Workers' Party?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)