|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did most of the German people care to know about what happened behind the scenes?
(a) Hitler was a good man.
(b) They now had an army.
(c) Hitler defeated France's will to fight.
(d) Hitler had removed the "scourge."
2. What does Ian Kershaw say most people in Germany were probably indifferent to?
(a) Anti-Jewish laws.
(b) Hitler's creation of an army.
(c) Better economical forecast.
(d) Hitler's nomination as chancellor.
3. How many youth attended the Hitler Youth Rally in 1932?
4. What was the name of the young woman who shot herself over her unrequited love for Hitler?
(a) Sophie Stuffel.
(b) Eva Braun.
(c) Matalie Bergman.
(d) Remy Marceau.
5. What sent people looking for an alternative to democratic government according to Part 9 of "Breakthrough"?
(a) The collapse of the Communist party.
(b) The collapse of the government.
(c) The collapse of a major automotive manufacturer.
(d) The collapse of two major banks.
6. Who was the Nazi Party a problem for according to Ian Kershaw in "Emergence of the Leader"?
(a) The Jews.
(b) The government.
(c) The other anti-semitist parties.
(d) The Communists.
7. Who were people blaming for the depression in 1932?
(c) The President.
8. What did Hitler's time in jail allow him to do?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Convince the guards to free him.
(c) Convert the prisoner population.
(d) Figure out what he wanted for the party and himself.
9. What was the name of the woman Hitler called Mimi?
(a) Michelle Miker.
(b) Mimi Elmer.
(c) Maria Mi.
(d) Maria Reiter.
10. Why were several Nazi party members sentenced to death in 1932?
(a) Killing a Jew.
(b) Burning a house.
(c) Political violence.
(d) Burning the flag.
11. What ban was imposed on Hitler after his prison sentence?
(a) Fund raising.
(b) Public speaking.
(c) Writing for a journal.
(d) Leading the Nazi party.
12. Who was Paul von Breckendorff und von Hindenburg in 1933?
(a) The head of the S.S.
(b) The Reich President.
(c) The head of the S.A.
(d) The head of the Communist party.
13. What was Hitler successful in having lifted?
(a) The ban on fundraising.
(b) The ban on public speaking.
(c) The ban on the Nazi party.
(d) The ban on Nazi literature.
14. What did Hitler do after learning of the Nazi member's death sentences?
(a) Tried to have them liberated.
(b) Visited them in prison.
(c) Used it for propaganda.
15. What does Ian Kershaw say suffered from Hitler's imprisonment?
(a) Hitler's image.
(b) The party finances.
(c) The Nazi Party.
(d) The government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why industry did Hitler had an interest in?
2. What woman was Hitler associated with in 1931?
3. What did Ernest Rohm head?
4. What happened after the 1930 elections for the Nazi party?
5. What was the time perfect for according to Hitler in Part 1 of "Breakthrough"?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)