|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Saxony the first state to do?
(a) Allow Communists to enter the government.
(b) Release Hitler's ban on public speaking.
(c) Submit to Hitler.
(d) Give power to the Nazi party.
2. What did Hitler do as Paul von Breckendorff und von Hindenburg lay on his death bed?
(a) Passed laws to stop having elections.
(b) Passed laws to eliminate the President position.
(c) Destroyed proof that he poisoned him.
(d) Passed laws to bar his son from politics.
3. What became very popular after the 1930 election?
(a) Throwing rocks at Jews.
(b) Joining the Communist party.
(c) Wearing green jackets.
(d) Joining the Nazi party.
4. Who did Hitler want to gain living space at the expense of ?
(a) The Dutch.
(b) The Italians.
(c) The French.
(d) The Russians.
5. What were those who wanted to stay at the Prussian Academy of Art forced to do?
(a) Declare fealty to Hitler's government.
(b) Only create Nazi authorized art.
(c) Join the Nazi party.
(d) Certify that they were not Jewish.
6. Why did the Reich president refuse to give the Nazi party more power after its victory in the 1932 elections?
(a) Because he hated Hitler personally.
(b) Because it was so totally intolerant of others.
(c) Because they didn't have majority in the senate.
(d) Because the Communists asked him to.
7. What did Hitler's entourage say about Hitler in Part 6 of "Breakthrough"?
(a) He smoked a lot.
(b) He had numerous lovers.
(c) He drank a lot.
(d) He never drank, smoke, or slept with women.
8. How long did it take for the youth in attendance at the Hitler Youth Rally to go by him?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 7 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
9. What starts in Part 5 of "Mastery Over the Movement"?
(a) World War II.
(b) The general elections in France.
(c) The Spanish War.
(d) The Great Depression.
10. What ban was imposed on Hitler after his prison sentence?
(a) Writing for a journal.
(b) Public speaking.
(c) Leading the Nazi party.
(d) Fund raising.
11. What started in Part 5 of "The Making of the Dictator"?
(a) Expropriation of Jewish businesses.
(b) Creation of tank division.
(c) Discrimination and persecution of the Jews.
(d) Building highways.
12. With whom did Hitler spend Christmas Eve 1924?
(a) Putzi Hanfstaengl and his family.
(b) Geil Renbard.
(c) Putzi Hanfstaengl alone.
(d) Hantz Werr and his business partners.
13. What did Hitler's time in jail allow him to do?
(a) Figure out what he wanted for the party and himself.
(b) Write a book.
(c) Convert the prisoner population.
(d) Convince the guards to free him.
14. What did Hitler do shortly after being made Chancellor that produced mixed reactions?
(a) A radio broadcast.
(b) A televised interview.
(c) A newspaper interview.
(d) A public speech.
15. What happened on January 30, 1933 in Germany?
(a) Hilter created the Reich Mark.
(b) Hitler took over as Reich Chancellor.
(c) Hitler married eva Braun.
(d) Hitler reviewed the first armored division.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Hitler study to create his public persona?
2. How long was Hitler's sentence after the failed coup of 1924?
3. What does Ian Kershaw say most people in Germany were probably indifferent to?
4. What did Rosenberg not have despite Hitler's blessing as a temporary leader?
5. Why did Hitler hire bodyguards and prevent most people from seeing him?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)