|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What continues in Part 2 of "Levered into Power"?
(a) The rise of Hitler to power.
(b) The planning of the final solution.
(c) The discrimination against the Jews.
(d) The political stalemate.
2. What was the name of the woman Hitler called Mimi?
(a) Mimi Elmer.
(b) Maria Reiter.
(c) Maria Mi.
(d) Michelle Miker.
3. What did Hitler do after the youth in attendance at the Hitler Youth Rally went by him?
(a) He went to dinner.
(b) He made a speech.
(c) He collapsed in exhaustion.
(d) He went back to Munich.
4. What sent people looking for an alternative to democratic government according to Part 9 of "Breakthrough"?
(a) The collapse of the Communist party.
(b) The collapse of a major automotive manufacturer.
(c) The collapse of two major banks.
(d) The collapse of the government.
5. What became very popular after the 1930 election?
(a) Joining the Nazi party.
(b) Throwing rocks at Jews.
(c) Wearing green jackets.
(d) Joining the Communist party.
6. What started in Part 5 of "The Making of the Dictator"?
(a) Discrimination and persecution of the Jews.
(b) Building highways.
(c) Expropriation of Jewish businesses.
(d) Creation of tank division.
7. Who was the Nazi Party a problem for according to Ian Kershaw in "Emergence of the Leader"?
(a) The other anti-semitist parties.
(b) The Jews.
(c) The government.
(d) The Communists.
8. What rank did Ernest Rohm have in 1933?
9. What does Ian Kershaw say suffered from Hitler's imprisonment?
(a) Hitler's image.
(b) The Nazi Party.
(c) The government.
(d) The party finances.
10. What did Hitler once say was not the duty of the Nazi party according to "Securing Total Power"?
(a) Start a war.
(b) Grab power.
(c) To enforce or ensure morality.
(d) Destroy Communism.
11. With whom did Hitler spend Christmas Eve 1924?
(a) Hantz Werr and his business partners.
(b) Putzi Hanfstaengl and his family.
(c) Geil Renbard.
(d) Putzi Hanfstaengl alone.
12. What did Rohm gather in Part 2 of "Securing Total Power" that Hitler didn't take action on?
(a) Political support.
(b) A forceful following.
(c) Financial support.
13. What was Alfred Rosenberg role at the start of Part 1 of "Emergence of the Leader"?
(a) Gross Fuhrer.
(b) Party accountant.
(c) Temporary head of the Nazi party.
(d) Police commissioner.
14. What did many of the German people struggle with in the years prior to Hitler's access to power?
(b) Keeping their homes.
(c) Finding work.
15. Why did the Reich president refuse to give the Nazi party more power after its victory in the 1932 elections?
(a) Because they didn't have majority in the senate.
(b) Because he hated Hitler personally.
(c) Because the Communists asked him to.
(d) Because it was so totally intolerant of others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were people blaming for the depression in 1932?
2. Where did Hitler spend Christmas Eve 1924?
3. What didn't the German people realize concerning the economy?
4. Why did Hitler hire bodyguards and prevent most people from seeing him?
5. What was Saxony the first state to do?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)