|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ian Kershaw say suffered from Hitler's imprisonment?
(a) The party finances.
(b) Hitler's image.
(c) The government.
(d) The Nazi Party.
2. Why were several Nazi party members sentenced to death in 1932?
(a) Burning a house.
(b) Killing a Jew.
(c) Burning the flag.
(d) Political violence.
3. What does Ian Kershaw say most people in Germany were probably indifferent to?
(a) Hitler's nomination as chancellor.
(b) Anti-Jewish laws.
(c) Better economical forecast.
(d) Hitler's creation of an army.
4. What did Rohm gather in Part 2 of "Securing Total Power" that Hitler didn't take action on?
(b) A forceful following.
(c) Political support.
(d) Financial support.
5. What did Hitler's entourage say about Hitler in Part 6 of "Breakthrough"?
(a) He never drank, smoke, or slept with women.
(b) He had numerous lovers.
(c) He drank a lot.
(d) He smoked a lot.
6. Why did the Reich president refuse to give the Nazi party more power after its victory in the 1932 elections?
(a) Because he hated Hitler personally.
(b) Because it was so totally intolerant of others.
(c) Because the Communists asked him to.
(d) Because they didn't have majority in the senate.
7. What did Hitler say when he stood up for Rohm early in the Nazi Party life?
(a) He was a good man who made a mistake.
(b) The Nazi Party needed homosexuals to keep it in check.
(c) Homosexuality needed to be accepted by society.
(d) Whatever happened in private was not the business of the Nazi Party.
8. What did Hitler blame his mood swings on Christmas Eve 1924 on?
(a) His medicine.
(b) His lack of sleep.
(c) His bipolar disorder.
(d) His being observed through a peephole.
9. What didn't the German people realize concerning the economy?
(a) It would have improved without Hitler's help.
(b) It was getting worse because of the government.
(c) It could have been nationalized.
(d) American was responsible for the crisis.
10. What continues in Part 2 of "Levered into Power"?
(a) The planning of the final solution.
(b) The political stalemate.
(c) The discrimination against the Jews.
(d) The rise of Hitler to power.
11. What book did Hitler release after getting out of prison?
(a) Mein Reich.
(b) Mein Volk.
(c) Mein Fuhrer.
(d) Mein Kampf.
12. What did Hitler do as Paul von Breckendorff und von Hindenburg lay on his death bed?
(a) Passed laws to bar his son from politics.
(b) Destroyed proof that he poisoned him.
(c) Passed laws to stop having elections.
(d) Passed laws to eliminate the President position.
13. What did Ernest Rohm head?
(a) The Nazi SS.
(b) The Nazi anti-Communist branch.
(c) The Nazi Strom Troopers.
(d) The Nazi propaganda machine.
14. Why did Hitler hire bodyguards and prevent most people from seeing him?
(a) He wanted to appear strong.
(b) He feared a coup.
(c) To increase the sense of mystery.
(d) He wanted peace and quiet to think.
15. What did Hitler do after the youth in attendance at the Hitler Youth Rally went by him?
(a) He went to dinner.
(b) He made a speech.
(c) He went back to Munich.
(d) He collapsed in exhaustion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What journal was Alfred Rosenberg the editor of?
2. What happened on January 30, 1933 in Germany?
3. How many people were sterilized under the Law for the Prevention of Hereditary Diseased Offspring?
4. What became very popular after the 1930 election?
5. What starts in Part 5 of "Mastery Over the Movement"?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)