|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ian Kershaw say the main reason was for Hitler to leave Vienna?
(a) He didn't register for the military.
(b) He stole food.
(c) He didn't pay tuition.
(d) He was a political activist.
2. What was one of Hitler's duties in his post war assignment?
(a) Spying of Communist members.
(b) Observing small parties springing up around the country.
(c) Transporting secret documents for the government.
(d) Joining unions.
3. Who did Hitler write to shortly after joining the Military?
(a) Helmer Tress.
(b) Joseph Popp.
(c) Karl Groven.
(d) Marina Karl.
4. What did Gustl say about Hitler when he was living with him?
(a) He drank a lot.
(b) He smoked a lot.
(c) He read a lot.
(d) He slept a lot.
5. What does Ian Kershaw say Hitler was good at during his speeches?
(a) Creating fear.
(b) Demoralizing Jews.
(c) Making jokes.
(d) Rousing anger and resentment.
6. When was Adolf Hitler born?
7. What did Hitler claimed to have done during his public speeches?
(a) Made jokes.
(b) Nationalized his audience.
(c) Bored people.
(d) Converted smart people.
8. What does Ian Kershaw say Hitler had no real intention of doing during his last assignment?
(a) Starting a war.
(b) Gaining power.
(c) Joining the German Workers' Party.
(d) Being a leader.
9. When did Hitler's father, Alois, change his name?
10. Who was Hitler moving to his new apartment with in Part II of "Elation and Embitterment"?
11. What did Hitler claim to go to Munich for in Part 5 of "Elation and Embitterment"?
(a) To train as a painter.
(b) To train as a lawyer.
(c) To train as an architect.
(d) To train as a journalist.
12. What changed Hitler's future according to Ian Kershaw in "Elation and Embitterment"?
(a) The birth of his first child.
(b) His brother's arrest.
(c) The death of his mother.
(d) World War I.
13. How long did Hitler live in Vienna according to "Drop-Out"?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 6 years.
14. How does Ian Kershaw describe Hitler's father?
(a) Unloving and strict.
(b) Loving and present.
(c) Present and strict.
(d) Loving and forgiving.
15. What created the perfect situation for Nazi propaganda according to Kershaw?
(a) The Bern revolution.
(b) The Bavarian revolution.
(c) The fall of Bonn.
(d) The rise of the Communist party.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many members of the German Workers' Party were present during Hitler's first visit?
2. Who was Hitler mad at when the lottery ticket he bought didn't win?
3. Who was the only person that Adolf loved according to Ian Kershaw?
4. What did Hitler learn from those in charge of Vienna's anti-semitic movements?
5. Who did Gustl bring back home that infuriated Hitler?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)