|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hitler sentenced to in 1921?
(a) 3 months in jail.
(b) 33 months in jail.
(c) 13 months in jail.
(d) 23 months in jail.
2. How long did Hitler live in Vienna according to "Drop-Out"?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 3 years.
3. What does Ian Kershaw say Hitler was good at during his speeches?
(a) Making jokes.
(b) Demoralizing Jews.
(c) Creating fear.
(d) Rousing anger and resentment.
4. What was Hitler's official goal in returning to Vienna?
(a) Study law.
(b) Meet a woman.
(c) Study architecture.
(d) Find a job.
5. What school was Hitler denied the right to take the entrance exam?
(a) Academy of Philosophy.
(b) Academy of Fine Arts.
(c) Academy of History.
(d) Academy of Religion.
6. What does Ian Kershaw say was not necessary to appeal to people in Part 1 of "The Beerhall Agitator"?
(a) Talent for public speaking.
(b) Good looks.
(d) Deeply refined ideals.
7. What does Ian Kershaw note Hitler didn't refer to himself as in 1924?
(b) A good man.
(c) A good leader.
8. Where did Hitler move at the start of Part II of "Elation and Embitterment"?
9. Who was the only person that Adolf loved according to Ian Kershaw?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His uncle.
10. What was Hitler called home from Vienna for?
(a) His sister married.
(b) His father died.
(c) His mother had breast cancer.
(d) His dog ran away.
11. Who founded the German Workers' Party?
(a) Anton Drexler.
(b) Anton Marsted.
(c) Mark Grunn
(d) Alois Hitler.
12. When did Hitler return to Munich after the end of World War I?
13. What did Gustl say about Hitler when he was living with him?
(a) He drank a lot.
(b) He slept a lot.
(c) He read a lot.
(d) He smoked a lot.
14. What happened to Hitler in 1905?
(a) He married.
(b) He dropped out of school.
(c) He graduated.
(d) He had a son.
15. What was the name of Hitler's Jewish customer mentioned in "Drop-Out"?
(a) Josef Neumann.
(b) Sophie Karl.
(c) Rienhold Resteil.
(d) Mark Heinsted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ian Kershaw say was interesting in Hitler's reminiscence of his actions after World War I?
2. Who broke off the German Workers' Party because of different goals and ideals?
3. What does Ian Kershaw say Hitler had not yet developed when he arrived in Munich?
4. In what jail did Hitler spend his sentence in 1921?
5. How many people attended the first meeting after Hitler was made Chairman of the committee of the German Workers' Party?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)