|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who founded the German Workers' Party?
(a) Alois Hitler.
(b) Anton Marsted.
(c) Mark Grunn
(d) Anton Drexler.
2. What did Hitler think should be enough to allow him to succeed?
(a) His education.
(b) His fortune.
(c) His good looks.
(d) His charisma and personality.
3. Where did Hitler move at the start of Part II of "Elation and Embitterment"?
4. What did the German Workers' Party forbid?
(a) Jewish members.
(b) Communist members.
(c) Women members.
(d) Homosexual members.
5. What was Hitler called home from Vienna for?
(a) His sister married.
(b) His dog ran away.
(c) His mother had breast cancer.
(d) His father died.
6. How many members of the German Workers' Party were present during Hitler's first visit?
7. Why were the Germans in upheaval at the start of Part 1 of "Discovering a Talent"?
(a) The war was lost.
(b) Food was rationed.
(c) Hitler took power.
(d) The workers took over the government.
8. What did Hitler join at the start of Part 3 of "Elation and Embitterment"?
(a) The German Army.
(b) The Bavarian Army.
(c) The Swiss Army.
(d) The French Army.
9. Who did Hitler meet that offered him a job selling small paintings?
(a) Karl Stopp.
(b) Humbert Stall.
(c) Reinhold Hanisch.
(d) Mark Heinsted.
10. When was Hitler arrested for failing to register for the military?
11. What did Hitler claim to go to Munich for in Part 5 of "Elation and Embitterment"?
(a) To train as a lawyer.
(b) To train as a painter.
(c) To train as an architect.
(d) To train as a journalist.
12. What was the name of Hitler's Jewish customer mentioned in "Drop-Out"?
(a) Sophie Karl.
(b) Rienhold Resteil.
(c) Mark Heinsted.
(d) Josef Neumann.
13. What was Hitler's official goal in returning to Vienna?
(a) Meet a woman.
(b) Study architecture.
(c) Find a job.
(d) Study law.
14. Who did Hitler write to shortly after joining the Military?
(a) Joseph Popp.
(b) Karl Groven.
(c) Marina Karl.
(d) Helmer Tress.
15. What type of people does Ian Kershaw say Hitler admired?
(a) Political leaders.
(c) Artistic people.
(d) Great military leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What created the perfect situation for Nazi propaganda according to Kershaw?
2. What did Hitler tone down during his public speeches in Part 3 of "Discovering a Talent"?
3. What did Hitler not consider when he applied for school in Vienna?
4. How many speakers were talking before Adolf Hitler at the meeting mentioned in "The Beerhall Agitator"?
5. What did Hitler start to do after World War I, but lacked the drive to do?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)