|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hitler have by the time he got out of the army according to Part 4 of "Discovering a Talent"?
(a) 10,000 marks.
(b) Many high placed friends.
(c) A good grasp of how to gain power.
(d) A background in political agitation and public speaking.
2. What seemed to be Hitler's purpose while he was in Vienna according to "Drop-Out"?
(a) "Uphold the strength and purity of the German race."
(b) "Have myself head of state."
(c) "Give Germany its land back."
(d) "Make Germany a superpower."
3. What did Hitler tone down during his public speeches in Part 3 of "Discovering a Talent"?
(a) His stand on the "Jewish question."
(b) His stand on Germany's future.
(c) His view for the German Army.
(d) His hatred of homosexual people.
4. Who did Hitler write to shortly after joining the Military?
(a) Marina Karl.
(b) Karl Groven.
(c) Helmer Tress.
(d) Joseph Popp.
5. What conclusion did Hitler come to draw in Part 5 of "Drop-Out"?
(a) Jews were a distinct race of people.
(b) Homosexuals were people too.
(c) He alone could lead Germany.
(d) Dogs were not man's best friend.
6. What does Ian Kershaw say was interesting in Hitler's reminiscence of his actions after World War I?
(a) His wish for a better Germany.
(b) His focus on himself.
(c) His disregard for human life.
(d) His lack of ambition and drive.
7. When did Hitler's father, Alois, change his name?
8. What was Hitler called home from Vienna for?
(a) His mother had breast cancer.
(b) His sister married.
(c) His dog ran away.
(d) His father died.
9. When was Hitler arrested for failing to register for the military?
10. Where did Hitler move at the start of Part II of "Elation and Embitterment"?
11. How were Adolf's grade in primary school?
(a) Lower than average.
12. Who did Gustl bring back home that infuriated Hitler?
(a) A female student.
(c) A communist paper.
(d) A Jewish girl.
13. Who accompanied Hitler when he left Vienna?
(a) Rider Clauss.
(b) Dr. Goebbels.
(c) Rudolf Hausler.
(d) Clauss Barbie.
14. When was Adolf Hitler born?
15. How many people attended the first meeting after Hitler was made Chairman of the committee of the German Workers' Party?
(a) Over 2,000.
(b) Over 3,000.
(c) Over 5,000.
(d) Over 10,000.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Hitler released after appearing for his failure to register with the military?
2. What did the German Workers' Party forbid?
3. What was even higher in the 1920s than after the end of the war?
4. What did Hitler claimed to have done during his public speeches?
5. What was Hitler sentenced to in 1921?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)