|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Deep Thought rank in terms of all-time thinking power?
2. What did the most intelligent species on Earth do with their time?
3. What does the aircar travel through to get to the surface of Magrathea?
4. What type of weapons are the cops using?
5. What is Zaphod good at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Arthur cause with his idle remark?
2. What do the mice want from Arthur?
3. What species do you think is smarter than the dolphins? How do you know?
4. How do Phouchg and Loonquawl react to Deep Thought's answer?
5. What is R used to measure?
6. Describe the conversation that Arthur has with Marvin.
7. What was the true relationship between mice and men?
8. How did Zaphod and Ford meet Yooden Vranx?
9. Describe the scene that Arthur sees through the Sens-O-Tape.
10. What do you think the meaning of life is? Is there only one answer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that discusses the meaning of life, the universe, and everything.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the three stages of civilization and apply them to a timeline of Earth's history. Use specific examples of human achievement to explain each stage.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on what you think is the third-most intelligent species on Earth, and why.
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)