|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Slartibartfast offer to take Arthur?
2. How many pages is this chapter?
3. When catering to customers' tastes, what is Magrathea not?
4. Who caused a war by an idle comment?
5. What part of planet building does the old man enjoy the most?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story of Veet Voojagig?
2. What does Arthur cause with his idle remark?
3. What do you think Deep Thought's answer means?
4. What mental condition is Marvin suffering from? How does he display these symptoms?
5. Why do the mice believe the Ultimate Question they made up will sound plausable to the general public?
6. Why do the cops believe that they are more intelligent and enlightened than their peers?
7. What have the inhabitants of Magrathea been doing all this time? Why?
8. How do Phouchg and Loonquawl react to Deep Thought's answer?
9. What is R used to measure?
10. What species do you think is smarter than the dolphins? How do you know?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that describes the personality of Zaphod Beeblebrox, and compares him to famous contemporary figures.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about something in the novel that is based on something in the real world, and the connection between the fictional and real versions. Examples include the bureaucratic Vogons, the figurehead Galactic presidency, and so on.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on what you think is the third-most intelligent species on Earth, and why.
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)