|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not one of Arthur's problems?
2. Where do Arthur and the others escape to?
3. What will the new computer be called?
4. What happened to the dolphins when the Vogons arrived?
5. Where does Slartibartfast offer to take Arthur?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are mice? What is their relation to the Earth?
2. Why did Zaphod alter his own brain?
3. Why do you think the mice and the Magratheans are going to so much trouble to make the Earth seem like a real planet?
4. Why do the cops believe that they are more intelligent and enlightened than their peers?
5. How does the author create suspense in this chapter?
6. What is Zaphod Beeblebrox trying to do with the Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters?
7. What have the inhabitants of Magrathea been doing all this time? Why?
8. What is R used to measure?
9. How did Zaphod and Ford meet Yooden Vranx?
10. What mental condition is Marvin suffering from? How does he display these symptoms?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that explains a simple way for people to be happy, or at least happier. The plan need not be entirely realistic.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about something in the novel that is based on something in the real world, and the connection between the fictional and real versions. Examples include the bureaucratic Vogons, the figurehead Galactic presidency, and so on.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the three stages of civilization and apply them to a timeline of Earth's history. Use specific examples of human achievement to explain each stage.
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)