|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Yooden Vranx?
2. What do the mice want?
3. What is Arthur reading?
4. Where is the Heart of Gold traveling from?
5. What type of weapons are the cops using?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do the characters learn any great lessons through the course of this book?
2. Did the dolphins leave mankind to its fate, or try to help?
3. What are mice? What is their relation to the Earth?
4. What do you think Deep Thought's answer means?
5. Why do the mice believe the Ultimate Question they made up will sound plausable to the general public?
6. Why did Zaphod alter his own brain?
7. What species do you think is smarter than the dolphins? How do you know?
8. How does Deep Thought intend to help the men find the question to his answer?
9. Describe the conversation that Arthur has with Marvin.
10. Describe the scene that Arthur sees through the Sens-O-Tape.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining whether or not law enforcement would be effective if policemen and soldiers tried to use reason and appealed as individuals, rather than using weapons and the threat of violence.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that lists and explains all of the references within the novel to feelings of unease with the universe and the characters within it.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explains a simple way for people to be happy, or at least happier. The plan need not be entirely realistic.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)