|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the alarms to sound?
2. What is Arthur reading?
3. What did the most intelligent species on Earth do with their time?
4. How many cops are there?
5. What will the New Earth not be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Arthur has with Marvin.
2. What is the story of Veet Voojagig?
3. Why do the cops believe that they are more intelligent and enlightened than their peers?
4. What does Arthur cause with his idle remark?
5. What is Zaphod Beeblebrox trying to do with the Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters?
6. How did Zaphod and Ford meet Yooden Vranx?
7. How do the characters escape from the computer bay?
8. How does the author create suspense in this chapter?
9. What is R used to measure?
10. Did the dolphins leave mankind to its fate, or try to help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay stating your opinion, with evidence, of intelligent life on other planets.
Essay Topic 2
Write a fake research paper from the perspective of a mouse that discusses the results of an experiment on human scientists.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explains the role of Arthur Dent's character in the story, and the key differences between him and the other characters.
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)