|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pages is this chapter?
2. What is the strange irritating light not?
3. Who will see the characters at the end of the chapter?
4. What country's coastlines did Slartibartfast get an award for?
5. How does Slartibartfast respond when Arthur tries to talk to him in the aircar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the true relationship between mice and men?
2. Describe the conversation that Arthur has with Marvin.
3. Describe the scene that Arthur sees through the Sens-O-Tape.
4. What species do you think is smarter than the dolphins? How do you know?
5. Why did Zaphod alter his own brain?
6. Why do the mice believe the Ultimate Question they made up will sound plausable to the general public?
7. How does the author create suspense in this chapter?
8. Why do the philosophers object to Deep Thought? What is the computer's solution?
9. How does Slartibartfast make Arthur feel? How does he speak?
10. What is the story of Veet Voojagig?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that explains the role of technology, and especially computers, in society today. Be sure to address:
1 - How computers are changing society;
2 - Problems caused by excessive computerization;
3 - Problems solved by computers.
Essay Topic 2
Write a fake research paper from the perspective of a mouse that discusses the results of an experiment on human scientists.
Essay Topic 3
Write a short essay that describes the unusual writing style of Douglas Adams, giving examples where he "breaks the rules" of writing.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)