|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Slartibartfast rather be than right?
2. What speed does the aircar travel at?
3. When catering to customers' tastes, what is Magrathea not?
4. What will the New Earth not be?
5. What do Phouchg and Loonquawl think they will get?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the philosophers object to Deep Thought? What is the computer's solution?
2. How does Slartibartfast make Arthur feel? How does he speak?
3. Explain what Slartibartfast means when he says, "That's bureaucracy for you."
4. Describe the conversation that Arthur has with Marvin.
5. Why do you think the mice and the Magratheans are going to so much trouble to make the Earth seem like a real planet?
6. Did the dolphins leave mankind to its fate, or try to help?
7. How did Zaphod and Ford meet Yooden Vranx?
8. What have the inhabitants of Magrathea been doing all this time? Why?
9. How does Deep Thought intend to help the men find the question to his answer?
10. How do Phouchg and Loonquawl react to Deep Thought's answer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a fake research paper from the perspective of a mouse that discusses the results of an experiment on human scientists.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on what you think is the third-most intelligent species on Earth, and why.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay stating your opinion, with evidence, of intelligent life on other planets.
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)