|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Slartibartfast respond when Arthur tries to talk to him in the aircar?
2. Who caused a war by an idle comment?
3. Why does the gunfire stop?
4. What was the only thing dolphins did?
5. Where is the Heart of Gold traveling from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Zaphod Beeblebrox trying to do with the Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters?
2. How do Phouchg and Loonquawl react to Deep Thought's answer?
3. What do the mice want from Arthur?
4. What does Slartibartfast's award mean to him?
5. What mental condition is Marvin suffering from? How does he display these symptoms?
6. What does Arthur cause with his idle remark?
7. Why do you think the mice and the Magratheans are going to so much trouble to make the Earth seem like a real planet?
8. Why do the cops believe that they are more intelligent and enlightened than their peers?
9. How does Slartibartfast make Arthur feel? How does he speak?
10. Explain what Slartibartfast means when he says, "That's bureaucracy for you."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining whether or not law enforcement would be effective if policemen and soldiers tried to use reason and appealed as individuals, rather than using weapons and the threat of violence.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that describes the personality of Zaphod Beeblebrox, and compares him to famous contemporary figures.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that discusses the meaning of life, the universe, and everything.
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)