|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What speed does the aircar travel at?
2. How does Deep Thought rank in terms of all-time thinking power?
3. How many times can a galactic civilization grow from a single worm in ten million years?
4. Who does Ford find lying face-down in the cold dust?
5. How does Slartibartfast respond when Arthur tries to talk to him in the aircar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think the meaning of life is? Is there only one answer?
2. What was the true relationship between mice and men?
3. What is the story of Veet Voojagig?
4. What is still unfinished about the New Earth?
5. Describe the scene that Arthur sees through the Sens-O-Tape.
6. What mental condition is Marvin suffering from? How does he display these symptoms?
7. How does Deep Thought intend to help the men find the question to his answer?
8. Why do the mice believe the Ultimate Question they made up will sound plausable to the general public?
9. Do the characters learn any great lessons through the course of this book?
10. Explain what Slartibartfast means when he says, "That's bureaucracy for you."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that discusses the meaning of life, the universe, and everything.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay stating your opinion, with evidence, of intelligent life on other planets.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explains the role of technology, and especially computers, in society today. Be sure to address:
1 - How computers are changing society;
2 - Problems caused by excessive computerization;
3 - Problems solved by computers.
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)