|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of talk costs lives?
2. When catering to customers' tastes, what is Magrathea not?
3. How can Arthur experience the answer to the great question?
4. Who goes to investigate the gunfire when it stops?
5. What type of dinosaur's ribcage is Slartibartfast's chair made of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story of Veet Voojagig?
2. How does the author create suspense in this chapter?
3. Why do the cops believe that they are more intelligent and enlightened than their peers?
4. What does Slartibartfast's award mean to him?
5. What is still unfinished about the New Earth?
6. What do you think the meaning of life is? Is there only one answer?
7. What do you think Deep Thought's answer means?
8. Why do the mice believe the Ultimate Question they made up will sound plausable to the general public?
9. How does Slartibartfast make Arthur feel? How does he speak?
10. What is R used to measure?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that explains a simple way for people to be happy, or at least happier. The plan need not be entirely realistic.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that explains the role of Arthur Dent's character in the story, and the key differences between him and the other characters.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that briefly describes as many of the galactic civilizations and races in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy as possible. Be sure to cover:
1 - Which civilizations are the most "alien."
2 - Whether or not the civilizations are/were friendly.
3 - Which civilization is the most interesting to you.
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)