|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not one of Arthur's problems?
2. Who are the hosts?
3. What is Deep Thought the size of?
4. What was the final message from the dolphins?
5. What do Phouchg and Loonquawl think they will get?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author create suspense in this chapter?
2. How do the characters escape from the computer bay?
3. What are mice? What is their relation to the Earth?
4. What is still unfinished about the New Earth?
5. Why did Zaphod alter his own brain?
6. What is Zaphod Beeblebrox trying to do with the Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters?
7. What species do you think is smarter than the dolphins? How do you know?
8. What was the true relationship between mice and men?
9. How does Deep Thought intend to help the men find the question to his answer?
10. Why do the mice believe the Ultimate Question they made up will sound plausable to the general public?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on what you think is the third-most intelligent species on Earth, and why.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining your opinion on the nature of the universe, and the basic elements of a novel that would communicate this opinion to readers. Be sure to include:
1 - Themes that would best express this viewpoint (for example, optimism, futility, cyclical events);
2 - Types of characters (for example, anti-heroes, well-meaning protagonists);
3 - How the novel's viewpoint is similar or different to that of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay stating your opinion, with evidence, of intelligent life on other planets.
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)