|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will see the characters at the end of the chapter?
2. What does the recording that Arthur sees have?
3. What are Zaphod, Ford, and Trillian doing when Arthur arrives?
4. How does Marvin get on with other robots?
5. What is the favorite game of the pandimensional beings?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Phouchg and Loonquawl react to Deep Thought's answer?
2. What mental condition is Marvin suffering from? How does he display these symptoms?
3. What are mice? What is their relation to the Earth?
4. What do you think the meaning of life is? Is there only one answer?
5. What species do you think is smarter than the dolphins? How do you know?
6. Why do the mice believe the Ultimate Question they made up will sound plausable to the general public?
7. How does the author create suspense in this chapter?
8. Why did Zaphod alter his own brain?
9. What do the mice want from Arthur?
10. Do the characters learn any great lessons through the course of this book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining whether or not law enforcement would be effective if policemen and soldiers tried to use reason and appealed as individuals, rather than using weapons and the threat of violence.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that compares the novel to another work of science-fiction comedy.
Essay Topic 3
Write a short essay that describes the unusual writing style of Douglas Adams, giving examples where he "breaks the rules" of writing.
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)