|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Veet Voojagig go to school?
2. How many times can a galactic civilization grow from a single worm in ten million years?
3. How do the the characters survive the onslaught of police gunfire?
4. What does the Blagulon Kappa policecraft do after Marvin the robot talks to it?
5. Why is Slartibartfast's study a total mess?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining your opinion on the nature of the universe, and the basic elements of a novel that would communicate this opinion to readers. Be sure to include:
1 - Themes that would best express this viewpoint (for example, optimism, futility, cyclical events);
2 - Types of characters (for example, anti-heroes, well-meaning protagonists);
3 - How the novel's viewpoint is similar or different to that of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Essay Topic 2
Write a short essay that describes the unusual writing style of Douglas Adams, giving examples where he "breaks the rules" of writing.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that describes the personality of Zaphod Beeblebrox, and compares him to famous contemporary figures.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)