|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the characters located?
2. Who was poor in the former Galactic Empire?
3. What is the result of the improbability sum?
4. What words best describe the reunion of Ford and Zaphod?
5. What does the Guide say about the Earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Slartibartfast's award mean to him?
2. Why do the mice believe the Ultimate Question they made up will sound plausable to the general public?
3. Describe the conversation that Arthur has with Marvin.
4. How does Deep Thought intend to help the men find the question to his answer?
5. How does Arthur try to save Ford and himself from the Vogon? What happens?
6. Describe the scene that Arthur sees through the Sens-O-Tape.
7. How was the Infinite Improbability Drive created?
8. Why does Zaphod pretend to be stupid? What does Trillian think of this?
9. Why are towels so important?
10. Explain what Slartibartfast means when he says, "That's bureaucracy for you."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the three stages of civilization and apply them to a timeline of Earth's history. Use specific examples of human achievement to explain each stage.
Essay Topic 2
Write a fictional essay from the perspective of a galactic historian that analyzes the legend of Magrathea. The essay can be skeptical, or argue for the existence of the mysterious planet.
Essay Topic 3
Write a fake research paper from the perspective of a mouse that discusses the results of an experiment on human scientists.
This section contains 1,451 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)