|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zaphod find?
2. Who is Ford Prefect?
3. Who is Mr. Prosser a descendant of?
4. What does the Guide say about the Earth?
5. Was does Zaphod search for on the sub-etha radio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Arthur angry about? What does he do?
2. How do the characters react to the surface of Magrathea?
3. What does Arthur cause with his idle remark?
4. What is the significance of the babel fish?
5. Why did Zaphod alter his own brain?
6. What do the mice want from Arthur?
7. What problems does Zaphod have with the computer?
8. How do the characters escape from the computer bay?
9. How does Slartibartfast make Arthur feel? How does he speak?
10. How did Zaphod and Ford meet Yooden Vranx?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about something in the novel that is based on something in the real world, and the connection between the fictional and real versions. Examples include the bureaucratic Vogons, the figurehead Galactic presidency, and so on.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that describes the pursuit of happiness for the average human, and why it is difficult even for people who have digital watches.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining whether or not law enforcement would be effective if policemen and soldiers tried to use reason and appealed as individuals, rather than using weapons and the threat of violence.
This section contains 1,510 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)