|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After saying "Hi there!," the ship's computer prints out a ribbon of ticker tape. What does the tape say?
2. What does the computer do as the missiles approach?
3. What does the whale think might be a good friend, but is in fact not?
4. What is the name of Zaphod's private brain care specialist?
5. Is this sort of thing going to happen every time the improbability drive is used?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the circumstances of how Arthur and Zaphod originally met?
2. Why does Ford have trouble sleeping?
3. What does Ford fail to understand about humans?
4. What is the interior of the Starship Heart of Gold like?
5. What is the problem with Marvin the android?
6. How grateful is everyone to Arthur for saving their lives?
7. What does Trillian say about her degree in math and astrophysics? What does she mean?
8. Who is Zaphod Beeblebrox?
9. What is Marvin's problem?
10. What problems does Zaphod have with the computer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the three stages of civilization and apply them to a timeline of Earth's history. Use specific examples of human achievement to explain each stage.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on what you think is the third-most intelligent species on Earth, and why.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that briefly describes as many of the galactic civilizations and races in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy as possible. Be sure to cover:
1 - Which civilizations are the most "alien."
2 - Whether or not the civilizations are/were friendly.
3 - Which civilization is the most interesting to you.
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)