|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of an Antarean parakeet is a revolting delicacy?
2. What is the planet Damogran home to?
3. What is the job of the Intergalactic President?
4. After saying "Hi there!," the ship's computer prints out a ribbon of ticker tape. What does the tape say?
5. What does Zaphod find?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is R used to measure?
2. Why are the events of the next chapter given away in advance? What is withheld?
3. Did the dolphins leave mankind to its fate, or try to help?
4. What is the problem with Marvin the android?
5. What went through the mind of the bowl of petunias? Why do you think this is?
6. What is the problem with Zaphod's brain?
7. How does Arthur try to save Ford and himself from the Vogon? What happens?
8. How does Deep Thought intend to help the men find the question to his answer?
9. How do the characters react to seeing the planet Magrathea? What do they think of its legend?
10. What does Ford fail to understand about humans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Write an essay explaining whether or not law enforcement would be effective if policemen and soldiers tried to use reason and appealed as individuals, rather than using weapons and the threat of violence.
Essay Topic 2Explain the three stages of civilization and apply them to a timeline of Earth's history. Use specific examples of human achievement to explain each stage.
Essay Topic 3Write an essay that describes the personality of Zaphod Beeblebrox, and compares him to famous contemporary figures.
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)