|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ford use to conceal the alien technology in his satchel?
2. What does Zaphod Beeblebrox do to the Heart of Gold?
3. What are the initials burned into Zaphod's brain?
4. Where could Ford have more fun than Magrathea?
5. How many suns does Magrathea have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Zaphod have with the computer?
2. Who is Zaphod Beeblebrox?
3. What went through the mind of the bowl of petunias? Why do you think this is?
4. What happens when Zaphod tries to bring the ship in for a landing?
5. How was the Infinite Improbability Drive created?
6. Why does Trillian have trouble sleeping?
7. How does Ford Prefect manage to get Arthur to stop lying in front of the bulldozers?
8. What is Marvin's problem?
9. Where do Ford and Arthur find themselves immediately after being rescued? What is happening, and why?
10. What is the significance of the chances of being picked up in space?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that explains the role of technology, and especially computers, in society today. Be sure to address:
1 - How computers are changing society;
2 - Problems caused by excessive computerization;
3 - Problems solved by computers.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the three stages of civilization and apply them to a timeline of Earth's history. Use specific examples of human achievement to explain each stage.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that describes the personality of Zaphod Beeblebrox, and compares him to famous contemporary figures.
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)