|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character has something odd about him or her, like they are missing something?
2. Which government owns the Starship Heart of Gold?
3. Is this sort of thing going to happen every time the improbability drive is used?
4. What does the computer do as the missiles approach?
5. What does Zaphod find?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Trillian say about her degree in math and astrophysics? What does she mean?
2. What is Marvin's problem?
3. What is the significance of the chances of being picked up in space?
4. What went through the mind of the bowl of petunias? Why do you think this is?
5. Why does Zaphod pretend to be stupid? What does Trillian think of this?
6. What does Ford fail to understand about humans?
7. Why does Trillian have trouble sleeping?
8. Why does the computer say that most people's lives are governed by telephone numbers?
9. What is the significance of the babel fish?
10. What is Arthur angry about? What does he do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that discusses the meaning of life, the universe, and everything.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that describes the personality of Zaphod Beeblebrox, and compares him to famous contemporary figures.
Essay Topic 3
Write a fictional essay from the perspective of a galactic historian that analyzes the legend of Magrathea. The essay can be skeptical, or argue for the existence of the mysterious planet.
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)