|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Arthur so excited to be on Magrathea?
2. Resistance is...
3. Where could Ford have more fun than Magrathea?
4. What was the home of this new industry?
5. What is the result of the improbability sum?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem with Zaphod's brain?
2. What is Arthur angry about? What does he do?
3. Why are the events of the next chapter given away in advance? What is withheld?
4. What is the interior of the Starship Heart of Gold like?
5. What went through the mind of the bowl of petunias? Why do you think this is?
6. How does Arthur try to save Ford and himself from the Vogon? What happens?
7. What does Ford fail to understand about humans?
8. Why does Trillian have trouble sleeping?
9. What does Trillian say about her degree in math and astrophysics? What does she mean?
10. Who is Zaphod Beeblebrox?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that describes the personality of Zaphod Beeblebrox, and compares him to famous contemporary figures.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on what you think is the third-most intelligent species on Earth, and why.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that lists and explains all of the references within the novel to feelings of unease with the universe and the characters within it.
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)