Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ford use to conceal the alien technology in his satchel?
2. What happens to Ford and Arthur?
3. What does Ford hum to the guard in an attempt to stir some feelings within him?
4. After saying "Hi there!," the ship's computer prints out a ribbon of ticker tape. What does the tape say?
5. Why can Marvin not keep his mind off things?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the babel fish?
2. What do the mice want from Arthur?
3. How does Ford Prefect manage to get Arthur to stop lying in front of the bulldozers?
4. Describe the scene that Arthur sees through the Sens-O-Tape.
5. Who is Zaphod Beeblebrox?
6. What problems does Zaphod have with the computer?
7. What went through the mind of the bowl of petunias? Why do you think this is?
8. What was life like in the former Galactic Empire?
9. What mental condition is Marvin suffering from? How does he display these symptoms?
10. Why does Trillian have trouble sleeping?
Write a fake research paper from the perspective of a mouse that discusses the results of an experiment on human scientists.
Write an essay that critiques the scientific accuracy of a specific science theme in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, such as the babel fish or the Infinite Improbability Drive. The essay should be more of an opinion piece than a strict science essay, though try to be as "scientific" as possible.
Write an essay that describes the personality of Zaphod Beeblebrox, and compares him to famous contemporary figures.
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)