|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the babel fish allow Aurthur to do?
2. Where are the characters located?
3. What is Trillian's only link with Earth?
4. What does Ford use to conceal the alien technology in his satchel?
5. What is the job of the Intergalactic President?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the interior of the Starship Heart of Gold like?
2. What does the Nutri-Matic drink machine do?
3. What is the significance of the chances of being picked up in space?
4. Why does Zaphod pretend to be stupid? What does Trillian think of this?
5. What were the circumstances of how Arthur and Zaphod originally met?
6. Who is Zaphod Beeblebrox?
7. Why are towels so important?
8. Why are the events of the next chapter given away in advance? What is withheld?
9. What is Marvin's problem?
10. How grateful is everyone to Arthur for saving their lives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that critiques the scientific accuracy of a specific science theme in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, such as the babel fish or the Infinite Improbability Drive. The essay should be more of an opinion piece than a strict science essay, though try to be as "scientific" as possible.
Essay Topic 2
Write a fake research paper from the perspective of a mouse that discusses the results of an experiment on human scientists.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining whether or not law enforcement would be effective if policemen and soldiers tried to use reason and appealed as individuals, rather than using weapons and the threat of violence.
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)