|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do all the molecules of a hostess's underwear move in accordance with?
2. What does Zaphod find?
3. What does Arthur awake to the sound of?
4. What has Zaphod turned into an art form?
5. Where could Ford have more fun than Magrathea?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ford have trouble sleeping?
2. What problems does Zaphod have with the computer?
3. What does Trillian say about her degree in math and astrophysics? What does she mean?
4. What is the significance of the babel fish?
5. What is the problem with Zaphod's brain?
6. What is Arthur angry about? What does he do?
7. What was life like in the former Galactic Empire?
8. What does the Nutri-Matic drink machine do?
9. Where do Ford and Arthur find themselves immediately after being rescued? What is happening, and why?
10. Why are towels so important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short essay that describes the unusual writing style of Douglas Adams, giving examples where he "breaks the rules" of writing.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining whether or not law enforcement would be effective if policemen and soldiers tried to use reason and appealed as individuals, rather than using weapons and the threat of violence.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explains a simple way for people to be happy, or at least happier. The plan need not be entirely realistic.
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)