|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ford Prefect?
2. Where could Ford have more fun than Magrathea?
3. Why can Marvin not keep his mind off things?
4. What are the initials burned into Zaphod's brain?
5. Who was poor in the former Galactic Empire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Ford and Arthur find themselves immediately after being rescued? What is happening, and why?
2. Why does the computer say that most people's lives are governed by telephone numbers?
3. What effect did Magrathea have on the former Galactic Empire?
4. What does the Nutri-Matic drink machine do?
5. Why does Trillian have trouble sleeping?
6. What is Marvin's problem?
7. What were the circumstances of how Arthur and Zaphod originally met?
8. What does Trillian say about her degree in math and astrophysics? What does she mean?
9. What is the problem with Zaphod's brain?
10. How does Ford Prefect manage to get Arthur to stop lying in front of the bulldozers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on what you think is the third-most intelligent species on Earth, and why.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that describes the personality of Zaphod Beeblebrox, and compares him to famous contemporary figures.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay stating your opinion, with evidence, of intelligent life on other planets.
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)