|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the life-support systems in the cops' backpacks?
(a) They backfired.
(b) They went on strike.
(c) They blew up.
(d) They ran out of batteries.
2. How many cops are there?
3. What reason does the old man give for the missiles that nearly destroyed the Heart of Gold?
(a) The ship is stolen, and there is a bounty on it.
(b) The computers are bored.
(c) The old regime was a little paranoid.
(d) They needed to get rid of some missiles.
4. What do Phouchg and Loonquawl think they will get?
(a) A hero's welcome
(c) A better answer if they keep asking
(d) Medals for bravery
5. What is Arthur reading?
(a) The manual to the Heart of Gold
(b) The Encyclopedia Galactica
(c) Vogon Poetry
(d) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the alarms to sound?
2. What were the two most improbable events in the history of the universe?
3. What is Arthur having trouble with?
4. Why does the gunfire stop?
5. What subject is Arthur reading about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the mice want from Arthur?
2. What have the inhabitants of Magrathea been doing all this time? Why?
3. Describe the scene that Arthur sees through the Sens-O-Tape.
4. Did the dolphins leave mankind to its fate, or try to help?
5. What species do you think is smarter than the dolphins? How do you know?
6. What was the true relationship between mice and men?
7. What is still unfinished about the New Earth?
8. Why did Zaphod alter his own brain?
9. Do the characters learn any great lessons through the course of this book?
10. What is Zaphod Beeblebrox trying to do with the Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)