|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the hosts?
(a) The new Galactic President and his entourage
(b) Trillian's white mice
(c) Strange blue creatures
(d) The Intergalatic Police
2. What type of dinosaur's ribcage is Slartibartfast's chair made of?
(d) Tyrannasaurus Rex
3. What was the final message from the dolphins?
(a) "Until we meet again."
(b) "We hope you enjoyed the show."
(c) "See you later, thanks for coming."
(d) "So long, and thanks for all the fish."
4. What happened to the dolphins when the Vogons arrived?
(a) They left by their own means.
(b) They died along with the humans.
(c) No one is entirely sure.
(d) They negotiated with the Vogons and were taken away.
5. What is Zaphod Beeblebrox drinking?
(a) Gin and tonic
(b) Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters.
(c) Purple stuff
(d) Sparkling wate
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an important fact?
2. Who does Ford find lying face-down in the cold dust?
3. What did Ford kindly leave Arthur?
4. What reason does the old man give for the missiles that nearly destroyed the Heart of Gold?
5. What does Deep Thought want to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do the characters learn any great lessons through the course of this book?
2. What do you think the meaning of life is? Is there only one answer?
3. What does Slartibartfast's award mean to him?
4. What do the mice want from Arthur?
5. What is R used to measure?
6. How did Zaphod and Ford meet Yooden Vranx?
7. Did the dolphins leave mankind to its fate, or try to help?
8. What mental condition is Marvin suffering from? How does he display these symptoms?
9. How do the characters escape from the computer bay?
10. What have the inhabitants of Magrathea been doing all this time? Why?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)