|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Arthur having trouble with?
(a) His thinking
(b) His lifestyle
(c) His weight
(d) His eyesight
2. What had mankind achieved?
(a) The wheel, wars, New York, and so on.
(b) Science, math, art, and so on.
(c) Digital watches, fire, New Jersey, and so on.
(d) The car, computers, England, and so on.
3. What is the name of the supercomputer?
(a) The Milliard Gargantubrain
(b) The Googleplex Starthinker
(c) The Pondermatic
(d) Deep Thought
4. What causes the alarms to sound?
(a) Zaphod shoots a Magrathean.
(b) The mice alert the planet of Arthur's escape.
(c) A hostile ship lands on the planet.
(d) Arthur steals a planetary design award.
5. What is Zaphod Beeblebrox drinking?
(a) Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters.
(b) Sparkling wate
(c) Gin and tonic
(d) Purple stuff
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the imaginary planet that Zaphod, Trillian, and Ford are on made of?
2. What part of planet building does the old man enjoy the most?
3. How many cops are there?
4. What does Phouchg call the name "Earth"?
5. What reason does the old man give for the missiles that nearly destroyed the Heart of Gold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think the meaning of life is? Is there only one answer?
2. Why do the cops believe that they are more intelligent and enlightened than their peers?
3. What is R used to measure?
4. What is Zaphod Beeblebrox trying to do with the Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters?
5. What mental condition is Marvin suffering from? How does he display these symptoms?
6. Describe the scene that Arthur sees through the Sens-O-Tape.
7. How does the author create suspense in this chapter?
8. What is the story of Veet Voojagig?
9. How does Slartibartfast make Arthur feel? How does he speak?
10. What does Arthur cause with his idle remark?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)