|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the aircar travel through to get to the surface of Magrathea?
(a) A large computer
(b) Steel tunnels
(c) Damp caverns
2. What is wrong with the ship?
(a) It is surrounded by a deadly force-field.
(b) It is on fire.
(c) It appears to be dead.
(d) It is out of gas.
3. Where does Zaphod suggest eating?
(a) Veet Voojagig's house
(b) The Nutri-Matic Machine
(c) The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
(d) The local greasy starship
4. What did Ford kindly leave Arthur?
(a) A pillow
(b) His stun-ray
(c) His towel
(d) His copy of the Guide
5. What is the name of the supercomputer?
(a) The Milliard Gargantubrain
(b) The Pondermatic
(c) Deep Thought
(d) The Googleplex Starthinker
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of weapons are the cops using?
2. What had mankind achieved?
3. How long does it take anyone to speak after hearing the answer?
4. What is an important fact?
5. What was the final message from the dolphins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story of Veet Voojagig?
2. What does Slartibartfast's award mean to him?
3. What is Zaphod Beeblebrox trying to do with the Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters?
4. What do you think the meaning of life is? Is there only one answer?
5. Why did Zaphod alter his own brain?
6. Why do the cops believe that they are more intelligent and enlightened than their peers?
7. What are mice? What is their relation to the Earth?
8. What does Arthur cause with his idle remark?
9. What is R used to measure?
10. What species do you think is smarter than the dolphins? How do you know?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)