|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Arthur describe Slartibartfast's story?
2. Who goes to investigate the gunfire when it stops?
3. What are the names of the men who get to hear the answer?
(a) Hexbuj and Vuirshad
(b) Paakfert and Jivgt
(c) Noogjull and Xuachit
(d) Loonquawl and Phouchg
4. What is Arthur having trouble with?
(a) His eyesight
(b) His lifestyle
(c) His weight
(d) His thinking
5. What is wrong with the ship?
(a) It is surrounded by a deadly force-field.
(b) It is on fire.
(c) It appears to be dead.
(d) It is out of gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the supercomputer?
2. What is Zaphod Beeblebrox drinking?
3. What type of talk costs lives?
4. What is the significance of Arthur's feelings of paranoia?
5. Why does the gunfire stop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is R used to measure?
2. What does Slartibartfast's award mean to him?
3. Why do the cops believe that they are more intelligent and enlightened than their peers?
4. What species do you think is smarter than the dolphins? How do you know?
5. Why do you think the mice and the Magratheans are going to so much trouble to make the Earth seem like a real planet?
6. Why do the philosophers object to Deep Thought? What is the computer's solution?
7. How does the author create suspense in this chapter?
8. How did Zaphod and Ford meet Yooden Vranx?
9. What do you think Deep Thought's answer means?
10. How does Deep Thought intend to help the men find the question to his answer?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)