|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is still unfinished on the New Earth?
(a) North America
(b) The fijords
(c) The treelines
(d) The fake dinosaur skeletons
2. What do the mice want?
(a) To ask Arthur what the ultimate question is
(b) All of the characters dead
(c) To hire Arthur as a consultant
(d) Arthur's brain
3. What is the favorite game of the pandimensional beings?
(a) Brockian Ultra Rugby
(b) Brockian Ultra Baseball
(c) Brockian Ultra Football
(d) Brockian Ultra Cricket
4. What destroyed the combined Vl'Hurg and G'Gugvuntt fleet?
(a) A ghastly mistake
(b) A small dog
(c) A horribly beweaponed battelcruiser
(d) A black hole
5. How does Slartibartfast respond when Arthur tries to talk to him in the aircar?
(a) He tells Arthur to be quiet.
(b) He asks Arthur if he is comfortable.
(c) He ignores Arthur.
(d) He shrugs and continues to fly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only thing dolphins did?
2. What three phases does each civilization seem to pass through?
3. What is the usual fate of those who are determined to make fools of themselves in public?
4. What happened to the dolphins when the Vogons arrived?
5. What type of weapons are the cops using?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Zaphod alter his own brain?
2. How does the author create suspense in this chapter?
3. How does Slartibartfast make Arthur feel? How does he speak?
4. What does Arthur cause with his idle remark?
5. What do you think Deep Thought's answer means?
6. Do the characters learn any great lessons through the course of this book?
7. What does Slartibartfast's award mean to him?
8. Why do the philosophers object to Deep Thought? What is the computer's solution?
9. What mental condition is Marvin suffering from? How does he display these symptoms?
10. What is Zaphod Beeblebrox trying to do with the Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)