|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the supercomputer?
(a) The Pondermatic
(b) The Googleplex Starthinker
(c) Deep Thought
(d) The Milliard Gargantubrain
2. What do Phouchg and Loonquawl think they will get?
(a) A better answer if they keep asking
(b) A hero's welcome
(c) Medals for bravery
3. What are the names of the men who get to hear the answer?
(a) Loonquawl and Phouchg
(b) Hexbuj and Vuirshad
(c) Paakfert and Jivgt
(d) Noogjull and Xuachit
4. What type of talk costs lives?
5. What happened to the life-support systems in the cops' backpacks?
(a) They ran out of batteries.
(b) They backfired.
(c) They went on strike.
(d) They blew up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of planet building does the old man enjoy the most?
2. How does Slartibartfast respond when Arthur tries to talk to him in the aircar?
3. How many cops are there?
4. What does the aircar travel through to get to the surface of Magrathea?
5. Who was Yooden Vranx?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mental condition is Marvin suffering from? How does he display these symptoms?
2. What is Zaphod Beeblebrox trying to do with the Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters?
3. What is still unfinished about the New Earth?
4. Why do the mice believe the Ultimate Question they made up will sound plausable to the general public?
5. Why do the cops believe that they are more intelligent and enlightened than their peers?
6. What is the story of Veet Voojagig?
7. Do the characters learn any great lessons through the course of this book?
8. Why do the philosophers object to Deep Thought? What is the computer's solution?
9. What was the true relationship between mice and men?
10. How does the author create suspense in this chapter?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)