|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are furious about the Earth's destruction?
(c) The Galactic Government
2. What happens to Arthur when he grabs the two ends of wire?
(b) He suddenly understands why he is so unhappy.
(c) He is electrocuted.
(d) A bird flies through him.
3. How does Marvin get on with other robots?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He never sees any other robots.
(c) He hates them.
(d) Very well sometimes
4. What had mankind achieved?
(a) The wheel, wars, New York, and so on.
(b) Digital watches, fire, New Jersey, and so on.
(c) Science, math, art, and so on.
(d) The car, computers, England, and so on.
5. What is Deep Thought's answer to life, the universe, and everything?
(c) Be happy
(d) Go forth and multiply
Short Answer Questions
1. What is being built in Magrathea's factory?
2. How long will the new program take to run?
3. What were the two most improbable events in the history of the universe?
4. What is the usual fate of those who are determined to make fools of themselves in public?
5. What type of weapons are the cops using?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Slartibartfast means when he says, "That's bureaucracy for you."
2. What is R used to measure?
3. What is Zaphod Beeblebrox trying to do with the Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters?
4. Why did Zaphod alter his own brain?
5. What are mice? What is their relation to the Earth?
6. What was the true relationship between mice and men?
7. What does Arthur cause with his idle remark?
8. Why do you think the mice and the Magratheans are going to so much trouble to make the Earth seem like a real planet?
9. What does Slartibartfast's award mean to him?
10. How does the author create suspense in this chapter?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)