|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of craft does the old man have?
(a) A hovercraft
(b) A skimmer
(c) A cruiser
(d) A warcraft
2. What happens to Arthur when he grabs the two ends of wire?
(b) He suddenly understands why he is so unhappy.
(c) He is electrocuted.
(d) A bird flies through him.
3. How does Marvin get on with other robots?
(a) Very well sometimes
(b) He never sees any other robots.
(c) He hates them.
(d) He ignores them.
4. What is the usual fate of those who are determined to make fools of themselves in public?
(a) Death by alcoholism
(b) Tax exile
(c) The sanitarium
5. What type of dinosaur's ribcage is Slartibartfast's chair made of?
(a) Tyrannasaurus Rex
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Slartibartfast's study a total mess?
2. How long will the new program take to run?
3. Who goes to investigate the gunfire when it stops?
4. What frightens Arthur in the aircar?
5. What was the final message from the dolphins?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the characters escape from the computer bay?
2. How does the author create suspense in this chapter?
3. Describe the conversation that Arthur has with Marvin.
4. What have the inhabitants of Magrathea been doing all this time? Why?
5. Why do you think the mice and the Magratheans are going to so much trouble to make the Earth seem like a real planet?
6. Do the characters learn any great lessons through the course of this book?
7. What do you think Deep Thought's answer means?
8. What mental condition is Marvin suffering from? How does he display these symptoms?
9. What do you think the meaning of life is? Is there only one answer?
10. Did the dolphins leave mankind to its fate, or try to help?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)