|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of talk costs lives?
2. How many times can a galactic civilization grow from a single worm in ten million years?
(a) Umpteen times
(b) Three times
(c) Five times
(d) Once or twice
3. What is the usual fate of those who are determined to make fools of themselves in public?
(b) The sanitarium
(c) Tax exile
(d) Death by alcoholism
4. What are Zaphod, Ford, and Trillian doing when Arthur arrives?
(a) Having their brains zapped
(b) Eating a feast
(c) Waiting for him
(d) Being tortured
5. What speed does the aircar travel at?
(a) 10 lightyears/hr
(c) Warp 5
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the characters find sitting next to the Heart of Gold upon their return to the surface?
2. What is Zaphod Beeblebrox drinking?
3. How does Arthur describe Slartibartfast's story?
4. What did Ford kindly leave Arthur?
5. What three phases does each civilization seem to pass through?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Slartibartfast means when he says, "That's bureaucracy for you."
2. What mental condition is Marvin suffering from? How does he display these symptoms?
3. What is still unfinished about the New Earth?
4. Describe the scene that Arthur sees through the Sens-O-Tape.
5. How does the author create suspense in this chapter?
6. Describe the conversation that Arthur has with Marvin.
7. How does Slartibartfast make Arthur feel? How does he speak?
8. What was the true relationship between mice and men?
9. How do the characters escape from the computer bay?
10. What does Arthur cause with his idle remark?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)