|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of planet building does the old man enjoy the most?
2. What is still unfinished on the New Earth?
(a) The fijords
(b) The fake dinosaur skeletons
(c) The treelines
(d) North America
3. What is the series of valleys?
(a) An aquaduct for liquid gold
(b) A hallmark
(c) Storage for solid gold
(d) Just a series of valleys
4. Who are furious about the Earth's destruction?
(b) The Galactic Government
5. What is Deep Thought the size of?
(a) A small spaceship
(b) A small city
(c) A small continent
(d) A small planet
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the life-support systems in the cops' backpacks?
2. Who will see the characters at the end of the chapter?
3. How many cops are there?
4. What is the favorite game of the pandimensional beings?
5. What do the mice agree should be the ultimate question?
Short Essay Questions
1. What species do you think is smarter than the dolphins? How do you know?
2. What does Slartibartfast's award mean to him?
3. What is still unfinished about the New Earth?
4. What do the mice want from Arthur?
5. What mental condition is Marvin suffering from? How does he display these symptoms?
6. What do you think Deep Thought's answer means?
7. How does Deep Thought intend to help the men find the question to his answer?
8. Explain what Slartibartfast means when he says, "That's bureaucracy for you."
9. Describe the scene that Arthur sees through the Sens-O-Tape.
10. Do the characters learn any great lessons through the course of this book?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)