|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Arthur describe Slartibartfast's story?
2. What is Zaphod Beeblebrox drinking?
(a) Purple stuff
(b) Gin and tonic
(c) Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters.
(d) Sparkling wate
3. What was the only thing dolphins did?
(b) Play in the water while having a good time
(c) Do tricks and sing
(d) Eat a lot of fish
4. Who caused a war by an idle comment?
5. How many times can a galactic civilization grow from a single worm in ten million years?
(a) Three times
(b) Five times
(c) Umpteen times
(d) Once or twice
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the favorite game of the pandimensional beings?
2. Where is the Heart of Gold traveling from?
3. Who are furious about the Earth's destruction?
4. How many sheep does Marvin count before going to sleep?
5. What frightens Arthur in the aircar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the mice believe the Ultimate Question they made up will sound plausable to the general public?
2. How did Zaphod and Ford meet Yooden Vranx?
3. How do the characters escape from the computer bay?
4. What was the true relationship between mice and men?
5. How does the author create suspense in this chapter?
6. What do you think Deep Thought's answer means?
7. What is R used to measure?
8. Why do the philosophers object to Deep Thought? What is the computer's solution?
9. Why do you think the mice and the Magratheans are going to so much trouble to make the Earth seem like a real planet?
10. What are mice? What is their relation to the Earth?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)