|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Guide say about the Earth?
(a) A small blue-green planet
(b) Nothing at all
(c) That it has been destroyed by the Vogons
2. Why do parents tell their children about the legend of Magrathea?
(a) They want them to grow up to become economists.
(b) They want them to grow up to become psychologists.
(c) They want them to grow up to become physical therapists.
(d) They want them to grow up to become sociologists.
3. What does the babel fish allow Aurthur to do?
(a) Understand alien languages
(b) See in the dark
(c) Have babel fish for lunch
4. Which government owns the Starship Heart of Gold?
(a) The Galactic Hyperspace Federation
(b) The Sirius Cybernetics Empire
(c) Omicron VI
(d) No one owns it, it has been stolen.
5. What does Ford start turning into?
(a) A penguin
(b) An elderberry bush
(c) A madman with five heads
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zaphod have a problem with?
2. How does Arthur save the ship?
3. The typical Vogon is...
4. What is the name of Zaphod's private brain care specialist?
5. What is the equivalent of saying "blood... blood" to a computer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What have the inhabitants of Magrathea been doing all this time? Why?
2. What is Zaphod Beeblebrox trying to do with the Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters?
3. What does the Nutri-Matic drink machine do?
4. What is Arthur angry about? What does he do?
5. What is the problem with Marvin the android?
6. Why does Trillian have trouble sleeping?
7. How do the characters escape from the computer bay?
8. How did Zaphod and Ford meet Yooden Vranx?
9. Who is Zaphod Beeblebrox?
10. Do the characters learn any great lessons through the course of this book?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)