|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Trillian pick up hitchhikers?
(a) She was worried that they would die.
(b) She thought they would be useful as hostages.
(c) She didn not; the ship picked them up all by itself.
(d) Zaphod told her to.
2. What is a good source of Brownian motion?
(a) Zydrine crystals
(b) A nice hot cup of tea
(c) Plutonium atoms
(d) A sub-meson brain
3. What is the name of the shipboard computer?
4. What is written on the cover of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
(a) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
(b) This End Up
(c) Front Cover
(d) Don't Panic
5. What does the computer do as the missiles approach?
(a) Shut down
(c) Raise shields
(d) Take evasive action
Short Answer Questions
1. What has opened a passage into the interior of the planet?
2. What is Marvin's nickname?
3. What does Ford start turning into?
4. What is the significance of the location where the Heart of Gold picked up Ford and Arthur?
5. What did Zaphod call himself when he was on Earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the chances of being picked up in space?
2. How grateful is everyone to Arthur for saving their lives?
3. What is the problem with Marvin the android?
4. What is the problem with Zaphod's brain?
5. What effect did Magrathea have on the former Galactic Empire?
6. Did the dolphins leave mankind to its fate, or try to help?
7. What does the Nutri-Matic drink machine do?
8. What happens when Zaphod tries to bring the ship in for a landing?
9. Why did Zaphod alter his own brain?
10. Why does Trillian have trouble sleeping?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)