|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ford buy on his way out of the pub?
(a) More beer
2. What day could Arthur never get the hang of?
3. What is the significance of the location where the Heart of Gold picked up Ford and Arthur?
(a) There is a black hole there.
(b) It is the geographic center of the universe.
(c) It was the location where the Heart of Gold originates from.
(d) It is the same sector where Zaphod picked up Trillian.
4. What goes through the mind of the bowl of petunias?
(a) "Oh no, not again."
(c) "Why me?"
(d) "How can this be happening?"
5. What does Ford start turning into?
(b) A penguin
(c) An elderberry bush
(d) A madman with five heads
Short Answer Questions
1. What was life in the former Galactic Empire largely free of?
2. Where could Ford have more fun than Magrathea?
3. What is the equivalent of saying "blood... blood" to a computer?
4. Who is Mr. Prosser a descendant of?
5. Was does Zaphod search for on the sub-etha radio?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the characters react to the surface of Magrathea?
2. How does Arthur try to save Ford and himself from the Vogon? What happens?
3. What were the circumstances of how Arthur and Zaphod originally met?
4. Why does Ford have trouble sleeping?
5. What effect did Magrathea have on the former Galactic Empire?
6. How do the characters react to seeing the planet Magrathea? What do they think of its legend?
7. What does Ford fail to understand about humans?
8. How was the Infinite Improbability Drive created?
9. What went through the mind of the bowl of petunias? Why do you think this is?
10. What is the significance of the babel fish?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)