|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ford buy on his way out of the pub?
(c) More beer
2. What does the Guide say about the Earth?
(b) A small blue-green planet
(c) Nothing at all
(d) That it has been destroyed by the Vogons
3. What happens to Ford and Arthur?
(a) They are sucked into the gravitational pull of a nearby planet.
(b) They find a way back into the ship.
(c) They die in deep space.
(d) They are rescued.
4. What type of drive is the conventional engine of the Heart of Gold?
5. What did scholars write about following the collapse?
(a) New Neo-Liberalology
(b) Planned political economy
(c) Metaphysical discourse
(d) How poor scholars generally were following the collapse
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the shipboard computer?
2. How long has Magrathea been dead for?
3. What rank of intelligence did humans have on Earth?
4. After saying "Hi there!," the ship's computer prints out a ribbon of ticker tape. What does the tape say?
5. Where are the characters located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zaphod pretend to be stupid? What does Trillian think of this?
2. What is the story of Veet Voojagig?
3. What does Arthur cause with his idle remark?
4. What do the mice want from Arthur?
5. What was life like in the former Galactic Empire?
6. What is Arthur angry about? What does he do?
7. What went through the mind of the bowl of petunias? Why do you think this is?
8. Why do the mice believe the Ultimate Question they made up will sound plausable to the general public?
9. What does the Nutri-Matic drink machine do?
10. How do the characters react to the surface of Magrathea?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)