|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has come to visit the Earth in massive yellow spaceships?
(a) Betelgeuse traders
(b) The evil people of Krikkit
2. Why do parents tell their children about the legend of Magrathea?
(a) They want them to grow up to become psychologists.
(b) They want them to grow up to become physical therapists.
(c) They want them to grow up to become economists.
(d) They want them to grow up to become sociologists.
3. What is written on the cover of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
(a) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
(b) Don't Panic
(c) Front Cover
(d) This End Up
4. Why does Ford order so much beer at lunchtime?
(a) It is a muscle relaxant.
(b) It is a psychological stabilizer.
(c) It is a memory disabler.
(d) The world is about to end, and Ford wants to remember the taste.
5. What does Eddie say the characters' adventure will end in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a good source of Brownian motion?
2. What rank of intelligence did humans have on Earth?
3. Where does Marvin have a terrible pain?
4. Resistance is...
5. What escapes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ford fail to understand about humans?
2. Where do Ford and Arthur find themselves immediately after being rescued? What is happening, and why?
3. What effect did Magrathea have on the former Galactic Empire?
4. How does Arthur try to save Ford and himself from the Vogon? What happens?
5. What is Arthur angry about? What does he do?
6. What does Trillian say about her degree in math and astrophysics? What does she mean?
7. Why does the computer say that most people's lives are governed by telephone numbers?
8. What is the problem with Marvin the android?
9. What happens when Zaphod tries to bring the ship in for a landing?
10. Why does Ford have trouble sleeping?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)