|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words best describe the reunion of Ford and Zaphod?
(a) Excited enthusiasm
(b) Orgiastic boredom
(c) Appalling nonchalance
(d) Zarkingly great energy
2. What will die in the next chapter?
(a) A whale
(b) One of the characters
(c) Seven rabbits
(d) Trillian's white mice
3. How many suns does Magrathea have?
4. What does Zaphod Beeblebrox do to the Heart of Gold?
(a) Christen it
(b) Steal it
(c) Destroy it
(d) Make a speech about it
5. What sits in a corner of the control cabin of the Starship Heart of Gold?
(a) A bar
(b) A computer
(d) A robot
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the computer do as the missiles approach?
2. Where have Zaphod and Arthur met before?
3. What colors are the Heart of Gold's interior after Arthur activates the Improbability Drive?
4. What word describes the new personality of the computer?
5. What is the significance of the location where the Heart of Gold picked up Ford and Arthur?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Arthur has with Marvin.
2. What do the mice want from Arthur?
3. What went through the mind of the bowl of petunias? Why do you think this is?
4. Why does the computer say that most people's lives are governed by telephone numbers?
5. How does the author create suspense in this chapter?
6. Why did Zaphod alter his own brain?
7. What do you think Deep Thought's answer means?
8. Explain what Slartibartfast means when he says, "That's bureaucracy for you."
9. What does Arthur cause with his idle remark?
10. What species do you think is smarter than the dolphins? How do you know?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)