|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Zaphod turned into an art form?
(b) Creative sarcasm
2. What type of drive is the conventional engine of the Heart of Gold?
3. After saying "Hi there!," the ship's computer prints out a ribbon of ticker tape. What does the tape say?
(a) The probability figure that Zaphod was about to ask it for.
(b) A telephone number.
(c) "I want you to know that whatever your problem, I am here to help you solve it."
(d) "What can I do to help you?"
4. Where could Ford have more fun than Magrathea?
(a) Back on the ship
(b) The dentist
(d) A cat litter
5. What color are the seas exactly the wrong shade of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Is this sort of thing going to happen every time the improbability drive is used?
2. What does the Guide say about the Earth?
3. What does Arthur wish he listened to?
4. Why did Trillian pick up hitchhikers?
5. What does Ford use to conceal the alien technology in his satchel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the events of the next chapter given away in advance? What is withheld?
2. How do the characters react to the surface of Magrathea?
3. Why are towels so important?
4. Who is Zaphod Beeblebrox?
5. How do the characters react to seeing the planet Magrathea? What do they think of its legend?
6. What does the Nutri-Matic drink machine do?
7. Where do Ford and Arthur find themselves immediately after being rescued? What is happening, and why?
8. What is the significance of the chances of being picked up in space?
9. What is Marvin's problem?
10. Why does Ford have trouble sleeping?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)