|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was life in the former Galactic Empire largely free of?
2. What can respectable physicists really not stand for?
(a) A smart-ass
(b) Debasements of science
(c) Wild parties
(d) Zaphod Beeblebrox
3. How does Arthur save the ship?
(a) He never really figures out exactly how he did it.
(b) He turns on the Improbability Drive.
(c) He kicks the computer, engaging its guidance systems.
(d) He maneuvers the ship so that the missiles collide with an asteroid.
4. What is the name of the shipboard computer?
5. The typical Vogon is...
Short Answer Questions
1. How many suns does Magrathea have?
2. Where have Zaphod and Arthur met before?
3. What has Zaphod turned into an art form?
4. How long can you survive in space with a lungful of air?
5. What did scholars write about following the collapse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the circumstances of how Arthur and Zaphod originally met?
2. Why does Zaphod pretend to be stupid? What does Trillian think of this?
3. Why does Trillian have trouble sleeping?
4. Why are the events of the next chapter given away in advance? What is withheld?
5. Why are towels so important?
6. How does Arthur try to save Ford and himself from the Vogon? What happens?
7. Who is Zaphod Beeblebrox?
8. What was life like in the former Galactic Empire?
9. What does Ford fail to understand about humans?
10. What is the significance of the chances of being picked up in space?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)