|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are serious problems throughout the galaxy?
(a) Unbridled enthusiasm for danger
(b) Rage and uncontrollable anger
(c) Stress and nervous tension
(d) Cancer, and untied shoelaces
2. What does Eddie say the characters' adventure will end in?
3. What is the planet Damogran home to?
(a) A secret type of ion drive
(b) A Vogon Constructor Fleet
(c) The Heart of Gold
(d) Zaphod Beeblebrox
4. Why is Arthur Dent's house being demolished?
(a) To make way for a bypass
(b) To make room for a new condo development
(c) To clear the view for the owners of the expensive houses down the road
(d) It does not meet fire code.
5. What did scholars write about following the collapse?
(a) Planned political economy
(b) New Neo-Liberalology
(c) Metaphysical discourse
(d) How poor scholars generally were following the collapse
Short Answer Questions
1. What goes through the mind of the bowl of petunias?
2. What are the Vogons going to do to Arthur and Ford?
3. Why do parents tell their children about the legend of Magrathea?
4. Resistance is...
5. Why is Arthur so excited to be on Magrathea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Trillian say about her degree in math and astrophysics? What does she mean?
2. What effect did Magrathea have on the former Galactic Empire?
3. What was life like in the former Galactic Empire?
4. Why are the events of the next chapter given away in advance? What is withheld?
5. What is the problem with Marvin the android?
6. Why does Zaphod pretend to be stupid? What does Trillian think of this?
7. What is Marvin's problem?
8. What does the Nutri-Matic drink machine do?
9. How does Ford Prefect manage to get Arthur to stop lying in front of the bulldozers?
10. How do the characters react to seeing the planet Magrathea? What do they think of its legend?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)