|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Ford and Arthur picked up?
(a) Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
(b) Sector XYZ Triple 3 Gamma
(c) Sector LL8 Quadruple X Beta
(d) Sector K4B Double J Zeta
2. What type of drive is the conventional engine of the Heart of Gold?
3. What ship rescues Ford and Arthur?
(a) An interstellar freighter
(b) The Starship Heart of Gold
(c) A passing Teaser
(d) The Space Trucker
4. Who was poor in the former Galactic Empire?
(b) Alpha Centaurians
(c) No one
(d) Nobody worth speaking of
5. What rank of intelligence did humans have on Earth?
(a) Third most intelligent
(b) The most intelligent
(c) Second most intelligent
(d) Least intelligent
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saved Ford and Arthur?
2. How many suns does Magrathea have?
3. What was life in the former Galactic Empire largely free of?
4. What was the home of this new industry?
5. What is Arthur concerned about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How grateful is everyone to Arthur for saving their lives?
2. What does Trillian say about her degree in math and astrophysics? What does she mean?
3. What is the significance of the chances of being picked up in space?
4. What was life like in the former Galactic Empire?
5. What were the circumstances of how Arthur and Zaphod originally met?
6. Why does Ford have trouble sleeping?
7. What is the problem with Marvin the android?
8. How does Arthur try to save Ford and himself from the Vogon? What happens?
9. How do the characters react to seeing the planet Magrathea? What do they think of its legend?
10. What effect did Magrathea have on the former Galactic Empire?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)