|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arthur say that saving everyone's lives was?
(a) His greatest achievement
(b) Really good thinking
(d) His way of saying thanks for rescuing Ford and himself from space
2. What color are the seas exactly the wrong shade of?
3. What colors are the Heart of Gold's interior after Arthur activates the Improbability Drive?
(a) Red and yellow
(b) Green and blue
(c) Purple and pinkish
(d) Yellow and blue
4. What does Zaphod Beeblebrox do to the Heart of Gold?
(a) Christen it
(b) Steal it
(c) Make a speech about it
(d) Destroy it
5. What does Arthur awake to the sound of?
(a) Marvin moaning and complaining
(d) Computerized beeping
Short Answer Questions
1. What are serious problems throughout the galaxy?
2. Resistance is...
3. Is this sort of thing going to happen every time the improbability drive is used?
4. Where have Zaphod and Arthur met before?
5. Where does Marvin have a terrible pain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem with Zaphod's brain?
2. What have the inhabitants of Magrathea been doing all this time? Why?
3. Why do the philosophers object to Deep Thought? What is the computer's solution?
4. How was the Infinite Improbability Drive created?
5. What is the significance of the babel fish?
6. What do you think the meaning of life is? Is there only one answer?
7. Why are towels so important?
8. Why did Zaphod alter his own brain?
9. How does the author create suspense in this chapter?
10. How did Zaphod and Ford meet Yooden Vranx?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)