|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ford hum to the guard in an attempt to stir some feelings within him?
(a) An old Betelgeusian battle hymn
(b) The beginning of Auld Lang Syne
(c) The first bar of Beethoven's Fifth
(d) A tuneless melody that popped into Ford's head
2. What colors are the Heart of Gold's interior after Arthur activates the Improbability Drive?
(a) Green and blue
(b) Purple and pinkish
(c) Yellow and blue
(d) Red and yellow
3. Resistance is...
4. What happens to Ford and Arthur?
(a) They are rescued.
(b) They are sucked into the gravitational pull of a nearby planet.
(c) They die in deep space.
(d) They find a way back into the ship.
5. What words best describe the reunion of Ford and Zaphod?
(a) Orgiastic boredom
(b) Excited enthusiasm
(c) Zarkingly great energy
(d) Appalling nonchalance
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes the new interior of the ship?
2. Who saved Ford and Arthur?
3. What is the result of the improbability sum?
4. Why do parents tell their children about the legend of Magrathea?
5. What escapes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are towels so important?
2. Why does the computer say that most people's lives are governed by telephone numbers?
3. Why did Zaphod alter his own brain?
4. What is still unfinished about the New Earth?
5. Why does Trillian have trouble sleeping?
6. How does the author create suspense in this chapter?
7. Explain what Slartibartfast means when he says, "That's bureaucracy for you."
8. Where do Ford and Arthur find themselves immediately after being rescued? What is happening, and why?
9. Why does Ford have trouble sleeping?
10. Why do the mice believe the Ultimate Question they made up will sound plausable to the general public?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)