|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Resistance is...
2. What is Marvin's nickname?
(c) The Complain-o-matic
(d) The Paranoid Android
3. How does Arthur save the ship?
(a) He never really figures out exactly how he did it.
(b) He turns on the Improbability Drive.
(c) He maneuvers the ship so that the missiles collide with an asteroid.
(d) He kicks the computer, engaging its guidance systems.
4. Was does Zaphod search for on the sub-etha radio?
(a) Some decent gunk music
(b) The movements of the Vogon Constructor Fleet
(c) News about himself
(d) A signal from the intergalactic fence who will help him sell the Heart of Gold
5. What does Ford buy on his way out of the pub?
(a) More beer
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Arthur concerned about?
2. What is the job of the Intergalactic President?
3. What word describes the new personality of the computer?
4. What does the Guide say about the Earth?
5. What type of drive is the conventional engine of the Heart of Gold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem with Zaphod's brain?
2. What is the significance of the chances of being picked up in space?
3. What does Ford fail to understand about humans?
4. Why are the events of the next chapter given away in advance? What is withheld?
5. What is Marvin's problem?
6. What is the problem with Marvin the android?
7. What does Trillian say about her degree in math and astrophysics? What does she mean?
8. Why are towels so important?
9. How do the characters react to seeing the planet Magrathea? What do they think of its legend?
10. Why does Zaphod pretend to be stupid? What does Trillian think of this?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)