|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character has something odd about him or her, like they are missing something?
2. Where could Ford have more fun than Magrathea?
(a) A cat litter
(b) The dentist
(d) Back on the ship
3. What does the whale think might be a good friend, but is in fact not?
(a) The bowl of petunias
(b) His tail
(c) The wind
(d) The ground
4. What does Zaphod Beeblebrox do to the Heart of Gold?
(a) Make a speech about it
(b) Christen it
(c) Destroy it
(d) Steal it
5. What ship rescues Ford and Arthur?
(a) The Space Trucker
(b) A passing Teaser
(c) The Starship Heart of Gold
(d) An interstellar freighter
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vogon poetry rank in the universe?
2. Is this sort of thing going to happen every time the improbability drive is used?
3. What has Zaphod turned into an art form?
4. What are the initials burned into Zaphod's brain?
5. What does Zaphod find?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Zaphod Beeblebrox?
2. How does Slartibartfast make Arthur feel? How does he speak?
3. How does Deep Thought intend to help the men find the question to his answer?
4. Why are the events of the next chapter given away in advance? What is withheld?
5. What species do you think is smarter than the dolphins? How do you know?
6. Describe the scene that Arthur sees through the Sens-O-Tape.
7. How does the author create suspense in this chapter?
8. What does the Nutri-Matic drink machine do?
9. What does Trillian say about her degree in math and astrophysics? What does she mean?
10. What problems does Zaphod have with the computer?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)