|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Was does Zaphod search for on the sub-etha radio?
(a) News about himself
(b) A signal from the intergalactic fence who will help him sell the Heart of Gold
(c) The movements of the Vogon Constructor Fleet
(d) Some decent gunk music
2. What colors are the Heart of Gold's interior after Arthur activates the Improbability Drive?
(a) Red and yellow
(b) Yellow and blue
(c) Green and blue
(d) Purple and pinkish
3. How many suns does Magrathea have?
4. What is the name of the shipboard computer?
5. What play does an infinite number of monkeys write?
(b) King Lear
(c) Much Ado about Nothing
Short Answer Questions
1. What escapes?
2. What was the home of this new industry?
3. Who saved Ford and Arthur?
4. Who has come to visit the Earth in massive yellow spaceships?
5. What has Zaphod turned into an art form?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Ford and Arthur find themselves immediately after being rescued? What is happening, and why?
2. Why are the events of the next chapter given away in advance? What is withheld?
3. What is Marvin's problem?
4. What went through the mind of the bowl of petunias? Why do you think this is?
5. Why does Trillian have trouble sleeping?
6. What does the Nutri-Matic drink machine do?
7. What is Arthur angry about? What does he do?
8. Why does Zaphod pretend to be stupid? What does Trillian think of this?
9. What is the significance of the babel fish?
10. How does Arthur try to save Ford and himself from the Vogon? What happens?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)