|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ford order so much beer at lunchtime?
(a) It is a psychological stabilizer.
(b) The world is about to end, and Ford wants to remember the taste.
(c) It is a muscle relaxant.
(d) It is a memory disabler.
2. What does Eddie say the characters' adventure will end in?
3. What has Zaphod turned into an art form?
(d) Creative sarcasm
4. Where have Zaphod and Arthur met before?
(a) At a party in Islington
(b) When Zaphod buzzed Earth as a teaser
(c) When Arthur was abducted by aliens
(d) They have never actually met.
5. What does Zaphod think about the ship computer?
(a) He loathes it.
(b) He does not think about it much at all.
(c) He thinks of it as a necessary evil.
(d) He loves it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do parents tell their children about the legend of Magrathea?
2. Why is Arthur so excited to be on Magrathea?
3. What word describes the new personality of the computer?
4. What does the babel fish allow Aurthur to do?
5. Who was poor in the former Galactic Empire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Arthur try to save Ford and himself from the Vogon? What happens?
2. How does Ford Prefect manage to get Arthur to stop lying in front of the bulldozers?
3. What problems does Zaphod have with the computer?
4. Where do Ford and Arthur find themselves immediately after being rescued? What is happening, and why?
5. Who is Zaphod Beeblebrox?
6. What is Marvin's problem?
7. What were the circumstances of how Arthur and Zaphod originally met?
8. What effect did Magrathea have on the former Galactic Empire?
9. Why are towels so important?
10. How grateful is everyone to Arthur for saving their lives?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)