|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the ship go when the Improbability Drive is activated?
(a) Back to the smoking remains of the Earth
(b) It appears in orbit of the planet Damogran.
(d) Into the interior of the planet Magrathea
2. Which government owns the Starship Heart of Gold?
(a) No one owns it, it has been stolen.
(b) The Galactic Hyperspace Federation
(c) Omicron VI
(d) The Sirius Cybernetics Empire
3. How long can you survive in space with a lungful of air?
(a) Five seconds
(b) A minute
(c) Thirty seconds
(d) As long as you can hold your breath
4. What does the computer do as the missiles approach?
(a) Take evasive action
(b) Shut down
(d) Raise shields
5. What does Arthur awake to the sound of?
(c) Marvin moaning and complaining
(d) Computerized beeping
Short Answer Questions
1. What words best describe the reunion of Ford and Zaphod?
2. How does Vogon poetry rank in the universe?
3. What goes through the mind of the bowl of petunias?
4. What is the equivalent of saying "blood... blood" to a computer?
5. What are serious problems throughout the galaxy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think the meaning of life is? Is there only one answer?
2. How do Phouchg and Loonquawl react to Deep Thought's answer?
3. What is the problem with Zaphod's brain?
4. Why do you think the mice and the Magratheans are going to so much trouble to make the Earth seem like a real planet?
5. Why do the cops believe that they are more intelligent and enlightened than their peers?
6. How grateful is everyone to Arthur for saving their lives?
7. How do the characters react to the surface of Magrathea?
8. How do the characters react to seeing the planet Magrathea? What do they think of its legend?
9. How was the Infinite Improbability Drive created?
10. What have the inhabitants of Magrathea been doing all this time? Why?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)