|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of an Antarean parakeet is a revolting delicacy?
(a) The feet
(b) The gall bladder
(c) The liver
(d) The gland
2. What is the equivalent of saying "blood... blood" to a computer?
(b) Threatening to turn off the power
(c) Talking about using a slide rule
(d) Bad math
3. What did scholars write about following the collapse?
(a) Metaphysical discourse
(b) How poor scholars generally were following the collapse
(c) New Neo-Liberalology
(d) Planned political economy
4. What has opened a passage into the interior of the planet?
(a) One of the nuclear missiles
(b) The Improbability Drive
(c) An asteroid
(d) The whale
5. Why did Trillian pick up hitchhikers?
(a) She was worried that they would die.
(b) She thought they would be useful as hostages.
(c) She didn not; the ship picked them up all by itself.
(d) Zaphod told her to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marvin's nickname?
2. What ship rescues Ford and Arthur?
3. What does Ford use to conceal the alien technology in his satchel?
4. Why do parents tell their children about the legend of Magrathea?
5. Who has come to visit the Earth in massive yellow spaceships?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem with Zaphod's brain?
2. Why are the events of the next chapter given away in advance? What is withheld?
3. What is the interior of the Starship Heart of Gold like?
4. How do the characters react to the surface of Magrathea?
5. Why does Trillian have trouble sleeping?
6. Why does the computer say that most people's lives are governed by telephone numbers?
7. What were the circumstances of how Arthur and Zaphod originally met?
8. What is Arthur angry about? What does he do?
9. How does Arthur try to save Ford and himself from the Vogon? What happens?
10. What is the significance of the chances of being picked up in space?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)