|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Arthur so excited to be on Magrathea?
(a) He has a great design for a planet that he wants to show the Magratheans.
(b) He has always believed the legend.
(c) The drink he got from the machine has made his brain a little strange.
(d) He has never been to an alien planet before.
2. What sits in a corner of the control cabin of the Starship Heart of Gold?
(b) A bar
(c) A robot
(d) A computer
3. What does Arthur say that saving everyone's lives was?
(a) His greatest achievement
(b) Really good thinking
(c) His way of saying thanks for rescuing Ford and himself from space
4. What is the planet Damogran home to?
(a) A secret type of ion drive
(b) Zaphod Beeblebrox
(c) The Heart of Gold
(d) A Vogon Constructor Fleet
5. What rank of intelligence did humans have on Earth?
(a) The most intelligent
(b) Third most intelligent
(c) Second most intelligent
(d) Least intelligent
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the home of this new industry?
2. Where could Ford have more fun than Magrathea?
3. Where does Arthur Dent work?
4. What does Ford hum to the guard in an attempt to stir some feelings within him?
5. The typical Vogon is...
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Arthur try to save Ford and himself from the Vogon? What happens?
2. What is Arthur angry about? What does he do?
3. What effect did Magrathea have on the former Galactic Empire?
4. How do the characters react to seeing the planet Magrathea? What do they think of its legend?
5. What was life like in the former Galactic Empire?
6. What does the Nutri-Matic drink machine do?
7. What does Trillian say about her degree in math and astrophysics? What does she mean?
8. How does Ford Prefect manage to get Arthur to stop lying in front of the bulldozers?
9. What does Ford fail to understand about humans?
10. Who is Zaphod Beeblebrox?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)