|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ford use to conceal the alien technology in his satchel?
(a) Scripts for plays
(c) Manuscripts for the bad novels that Ford writes
(d) A towel
2. What happens to Ford and Arthur?
(a) They die in deep space.
(b) They are rescued.
(c) They are sucked into the gravitational pull of a nearby planet.
(d) They find a way back into the ship.
3. What does Ford hum to the guard in an attempt to stir some feelings within him?
(a) The first bar of Beethoven's Fifth
(b) A tuneless melody that popped into Ford's head
(c) An old Betelgeusian battle hymn
(d) The beginning of Auld Lang Syne
4. After saying "Hi there!," the ship's computer prints out a ribbon of ticker tape. What does the tape say?
(b) The probability figure that Zaphod was about to ask it for
5. Why can Marvin not keep his mind off things?
(a) There is nothing to distract him.
(b) His programming does not allow it.
(c) He has an extremely large mind.
(d) He was badly made and has a lot of bugs in his system.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marvin have a terrible pain?
2. What has opened a passage into the interior of the planet?
3. What is the job of the Intergalactic President?
4. Where have Zaphod and Arthur met before?
5. Was does Zaphod search for on the sub-etha radio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the babel fish?
2. What do the mice want from Arthur?
3. How does Ford Prefect manage to get Arthur to stop lying in front of the bulldozers?
4. Describe the scene that Arthur sees through the Sens-O-Tape.
5. Who is Zaphod Beeblebrox?
6. What problems does Zaphod have with the computer?
7. What went through the mind of the bowl of petunias? Why do you think this is?
8. What was life like in the former Galactic Empire?
9. What mental condition is Marvin suffering from? How does he display these symptoms?
10. Why does Trillian have trouble sleeping?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)