|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has come to visit the Earth in massive yellow spaceships?
(a) The evil people of Krikkit
(c) Betelgeuse traders
2. What did scholars write about following the collapse?
(a) Planned political economy
(b) New Neo-Liberalology
(c) How poor scholars generally were following the collapse
(d) Metaphysical discourse
3. What does Zaphod have a problem with?
(a) His third arm
(b) His brain
4. What happens to Ford and Arthur?
(a) They are rescued.
(b) They find a way back into the ship.
(c) They are sucked into the gravitational pull of a nearby planet.
(d) They die in deep space.
5. Where could Ford have more fun than Magrathea?
(b) A cat litter
(c) Back on the ship
(d) The dentist
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the characters located?
2. Where have Zaphod and Arthur met before?
3. What is the equivalent of saying "blood... blood" to a computer?
4. What has opened a passage into the interior of the planet?
5. What will die in the next chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the babel fish?
2. What is the interior of the Starship Heart of Gold like?
3. What is the significance of the chances of being picked up in space?
4. How do the characters react to the surface of Magrathea?
5. What is Marvin's problem?
6. Why does the computer say that most people's lives are governed by telephone numbers?
7. How does Arthur try to save Ford and himself from the Vogon? What happens?
8. Why are the events of the next chapter given away in advance? What is withheld?
9. How do the characters react to seeing the planet Magrathea? What do they think of its legend?
10. What does Trillian say about her degree in math and astrophysics? What does she mean?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)