|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Arthur concerned about?
(a) If Trillian is interested in him
(b) Whether or not Magrathea is safe
(c) If he can ever have tea again
(d) What they are going to have for breakfast
2. What part of an Antarean parakeet is a revolting delicacy?
(a) The feet
(b) The gall bladder
(c) The gland
(d) The liver
3. What is the last word the computer sings?
(a) "Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart."
(b) "At the end of the storm is a golden sky."
(c) "Don't be afraid that death is nigh."
(d) "You'll never walk alone!"
4. How many suns does Magrathea have?
5. What is the equivalent of saying "blood... blood" to a computer?
(a) Talking about using a slide rule
(c) Threatening to turn off the power
(d) Bad math
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saved Ford and Arthur?
2. What was the home of this new industry?
3. Why is Arthur Dent's house being demolished?
4. What did Zaphod call himself when he was on Earth?
5. What is the name of Zaphod's private brain care specialist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem with Marvin the android?
2. What does Ford fail to understand about humans?
3. What is the problem with Zaphod's brain?
4. What does Trillian say about her degree in math and astrophysics? What does she mean?
5. How do the characters react to the surface of Magrathea?
6. What effect did Magrathea have on the former Galactic Empire?
7. What does the Nutri-Matic drink machine do?
8. What is the significance of the chances of being picked up in space?
9. How was the Infinite Improbability Drive created?
10. What went through the mind of the bowl of petunias? Why do you think this is?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)