|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who starts shooting at the characters?
(a) The mice
(d) An enraged Slartibartfast
2. What destroyed the combined Vl'Hurg and G'Gugvuntt fleet?
(a) A horribly beweaponed battelcruiser
(b) A black hole
(c) A ghastly mistake
(d) A small dog
3. How does Marvin get on with other robots?
(a) He never sees any other robots.
(b) He hates them.
(c) Very well sometimes
(d) He ignores them.
4. What do the mice agree should be the ultimate question?
5. What subject is Arthur reading about?
(a) The Archaeology of Magrathea
(b) The Philosophy of Time Travel
(c) The Alchemy of Betelguese Five
(d) The History of every Galactic Civilization
6. What does the aircar travel through to get to the surface of Magrathea?
(a) Steel tunnels
(c) A large computer
(d) Damp caverns
7. What type of talk costs lives?
8. How does Arthur describe Slartibartfast's story?
9. What is Arthur having trouble with?
(a) His lifestyle
(b) His eyesight
(c) His thinking
(d) His weight
10. What are the names of the men who get to hear the answer?
(a) Loonquawl and Phouchg
(b) Noogjull and Xuachit
(c) Hexbuj and Vuirshad
(d) Paakfert and Jivgt
11. What happens to Arthur when he grabs the two ends of wire?
(a) A bird flies through him.
(b) He is electrocuted.
(d) He suddenly understands why he is so unhappy.
12. How many sheep does Marvin count before going to sleep?
(a) Five hundred and a thousand zillion
(b) Five hundred and ninety-seven billion
(c) Five hundred and twenty-three million
(d) Five hundred and eighty-six trillion
13. What type of dinosaur's ribcage is Slartibartfast's chair made of?
(a) Tyrannasaurus Rex
14. How many pages is this chapter?
(b) A little more than two
(c) Three and a bit
(d) Less than one
15. What does Arthur almost run into at the end of the chapter?
(b) The whale carcass
(c) A pack of ghosts
(d) An old man
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the old man's name?
2. Who are the hosts?
3. Who goes to investigate the gunfire when it stops?
4. How does Deep Thought rank in terms of all-time thinking power?
5. What part of planet building does the old man enjoy the most?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)