|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of weapons are the cops using?
(a) Space-Ray Guns
(b) Nuclear missiles
(c) Flechette pistols
(d) Kill-O-Zap guns
2. What is the imaginary planet that Zaphod, Trillian, and Ford are on made of?
3. What reason does the old man give for the missiles that nearly destroyed the Heart of Gold?
(a) The computers are bored.
(b) The old regime was a little paranoid.
(c) They needed to get rid of some missiles.
(d) The ship is stolen, and there is a bounty on it.
4. What speed does the aircar travel at?
(b) Warp 5
(d) 10 lightyears/hr
5. What do the mice agree should be the ultimate question?
(a) "What comes first, the chicken or the egg?"
(b) "Are we stronger than the elements?"
(c) "How many roads must a man walk down?"
(d) "What is the meaning of life?"
6. Where did Veet Voojagig go to school?
(a) University of Hooprafrinx VI
(b) University of Alderan
(c) University of Maximegalon
(d) University of Alpha Centauri
7. What is Arthur reading?
(a) The manual to the Heart of Gold
(b) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
(c) The Encyclopedia Galactica
(d) Vogon Poetry
8. What was the only thing dolphins did?
(a) Eat a lot of fish
(c) Play in the water while having a good time
(d) Do tricks and sing
9. What do the characters find sitting next to the Heart of Gold upon their return to the surface?
(a) The Blagulon Kappa policecraft
(b) A Vogon book of poetry
(c) Marvin the robot
(d) A gold statue
10. Where is the Heart of Gold traveling from?
(b) The Horsehead Nebula
(d) Jaglan Beta
11. What are the names of the men who get to hear the answer?
(a) Hexbuj and Vuirshad
(b) Noogjull and Xuachit
(c) Loonquawl and Phouchg
(d) Paakfert and Jivgt
12. What three phases does each civilization seem to pass through?
(a) Survival, Inquiry, and Sophistication.
(b) Ignorance, Education, and Synthesis.
(c) Peace, War, and Ambivalence.
(d) Birth, Life, and Death.
13. Where do Arthur and the others escape to?
(a) A wormhole
(b) A spacecraft
(c) A computer bay
(d) An empty office
14. What is wrong with the ship?
(a) It is out of gas.
(b) It appears to be dead.
(c) It is surrounded by a deadly force-field.
(d) It is on fire.
15. What gas do the beings from this planet breathe?
Short Answer Questions
1. When catering to customers' tastes, what is Magrathea not?
2. What is an important fact?
3. What is Deep Thought the size of?
4. How does Slartibartfast respond when Arthur tries to talk to him in the aircar?
5. What subject is Arthur reading about?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)