|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ford kindly leave Arthur?
(a) A pillow
(b) His copy of the Guide
(c) His stun-ray
(d) His towel
2. Who are furious about the Earth's destruction?
(d) The Galactic Government
3. Who starts shooting at the characters?
(b) The mice
(d) An enraged Slartibartfast
4. What is an important fact?
(a) Things are not always what they seem.
(b) A towel is the most important thing you can possess.
(c) You cannot trust anyone.
(d) Humans are not intelligent.
5. What type of dinosaur's ribcage is Slartibartfast's chair made of?
(c) Tyrannasaurus Rex
6. What is the usual fate of those who are determined to make fools of themselves in public?
(b) Death by alcoholism
(c) Tax exile
(d) The sanitarium
7. How does Marvin get on with other robots?
(a) He never sees any other robots.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He ignores them.
(d) Very well sometimes
8. What is wrong with the ship?
(a) It is surrounded by a deadly force-field.
(b) It is out of gas.
(c) It appears to be dead.
(d) It is on fire.
9. How does Slartibartfast respond when Arthur tries to talk to him in the aircar?
(a) He ignores Arthur.
(b) He tells Arthur to be quiet.
(c) He shrugs and continues to fly.
(d) He asks Arthur if he is comfortable.
10. Who are the hosts?
(a) Trillian's white mice
(b) The new Galactic President and his entourage
(c) The Intergalatic Police
(d) Strange blue creatures
11. Where is the Heart of Gold traveling from?
(b) The Horsehead Nebula
(c) Jaglan Beta
12. How does Arthur describe Slartibartfast's story?
13. What is the old man's name?
14. What frightens Arthur in the aircar?
(a) A loud metal clang
(b) Slartibartfast's singing
(c) A passing freighter
(d) A tunnel
15. What do Phouchg and Loonquawl think they will get?
(a) A hero's welcome
(c) Medals for bravery
(d) A better answer if they keep asking
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Deep Thought want to do?
2. How many cops are there?
3. What did the most intelligent species on Earth do with their time?
4. What gas do the beings from this planet breathe?
5. What speed does the aircar travel at?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)