|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ford kindly leave Arthur?
(a) His copy of the Guide
(b) His stun-ray
(c) His towel
(d) A pillow
2. What is Deep Thought's answer to life, the universe, and everything?
(b) Go forth and multiply
(c) Be happy
3. What destroyed the combined Vl'Hurg and G'Gugvuntt fleet?
(a) A black hole
(b) A ghastly mistake
(c) A small dog
(d) A horribly beweaponed battelcruiser
4. Where does Zaphod suggest eating?
(a) The Nutri-Matic Machine
(b) The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
(c) The local greasy starship
(d) Veet Voojagig's house
5. How long does it take anyone to speak after hearing the answer?
(a) A long time
(b) Ten seconds
(c) A few minutes
6. Where does Slartibartfast offer to take Arthur?
(a) For a stroll on the New Earth
(b) To meet the mice
(c) To see Zaphod, Ford, and Trillian
(d) To sign a petition against the Vogons
7. What happened to the life-support systems in the cops' backpacks?
(a) They blew up.
(b) They backfired.
(c) They went on strike.
(d) They ran out of batteries.
8. What did the most intelligent species on Earth do with their time?
(a) Write elegant and subtle poetry
(b) Conduct elegant and subtle experiments on humans
(c) Fight against the dolphins for control of the Earth
(d) Watch movies and have a good time
9. Who was Yooden Vranx?
(a) All of the above
(b) A real gas
(c) An Arcturian captain
(d) The former Galactic President
10. What does Deep Thought want to do?
(a) Design another supercomputer
(b) Design a better digital watch
(c) Calculate the vectors of the atoms in the big bang
11. What does the recording that Arthur sees have?
(a) High Definition
(d) Stereo sound
12. What type of dinosaur's ribcage is Slartibartfast's chair made of?
(d) Tyrannasaurus Rex
13. What had mankind achieved?
(a) The wheel, wars, New York, and so on.
(b) The car, computers, England, and so on.
(c) Digital watches, fire, New Jersey, and so on.
(d) Science, math, art, and so on.
14. Can Deep Thought figure out the great question?
(b) Perhaps, perhaps not
(c) Yes, but it will take some time
15. What will the New Earth not be?
(a) Destroyed by Vogons
(b) Paid for by mice
(c) The same
Short Answer Questions
1. Who caused a war by an idle comment?
2. How many pages is this chapter?
3. What country's coastlines did Slartibartfast get an award for?
4. What is the series of valleys?
5. What is the name of the supercomputer?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)