|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of craft does the old man have?
(a) A hovercraft
(b) A cruiser
(c) A warcraft
(d) A skimmer
2. What is the significance of Arthur's feelings of paranoia?
(a) It comes from his psychic link to Zaphod Beeblebrox.
(b) It means that there is a fundamental type of evil existing in the universe.
(c) It means that the universe has great plans for him.
(d) Probably none whatsoever
3. Where do Arthur and the others escape to?
(a) A computer bay
(b) A wormhole
(c) A spacecraft
(d) An empty office
4. How does Deep Thought rank in terms of all-time thinking power?
5. What does the Blagulon Kappa policecraft do after Marvin the robot talks to it?
(a) It sounds an alarm.
(b) It catches fire.
(c) It commits suicide.
(d) It attacks Marvin.
6. What happened to the dolphins when the Vogons arrived?
(a) They left by their own means.
(b) They negotiated with the Vogons and were taken away.
(c) No one is entirely sure.
(d) They died along with the humans.
7. What is Deep Thought's answer to life, the universe, and everything?
(b) Go forth and multiply
(d) Be happy
8. Who caused a war by an idle comment?
9. What color is the old man's robe?
(b) Deep purple
10. What is wrong with the ship?
(a) It is on fire.
(b) It appears to be dead.
(c) It is surrounded by a deadly force-field.
(d) It is out of gas.
11. What do the characters find sitting next to the Heart of Gold upon their return to the surface?
(a) Marvin the robot
(b) A gold statue
(c) The Blagulon Kappa policecraft
(d) A Vogon book of poetry
12. What gas do the beings from this planet breathe?
13. What is still unfinished on the New Earth?
(a) The fake dinosaur skeletons
(b) The fijords
(c) The treelines
(d) North America
14. What did Ford kindly leave Arthur?
(a) His stun-ray
(b) His copy of the Guide
(c) His towel
(d) A pillow
15. Why does the gunfire stop?
(a) The cops run out of ammunition.
(b) The guns disappear into thin air.
(c) The cops decide to befriend the characters.
(d) The cops die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Arthur when he grabs the two ends of wire?
2. Where is the Heart of Gold traveling from?
3. What did the most intelligent species on Earth do with their time?
4. How long will the new program take to run?
5. What is Deep Thought the size of?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)