|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pages is this chapter?
(a) Three and a bit
(c) Less than one
(d) A little more than two
2. What is the strange irritating light not?
(a) An alien spotlight
(d) All of the above
3. What type of talk costs lives?
4. What does the recording that Arthur sees have?
(a) Stereo sound
(b) High Definition
5. How does Deep Thought rank in terms of all-time thinking power?
6. What will the new computer be called?
(a) The sun
(b) The Earth
7. What type of dinosaur's ribcage is Slartibartfast's chair made of?
(a) Tyrannasaurus Rex
8. What happened to the life-support systems in the cops' backpacks?
(a) They backfired.
(b) They went on strike.
(c) They blew up.
(d) They ran out of batteries.
9. Why does the gunfire stop?
(a) The cops run out of ammunition.
(b) The guns disappear into thin air.
(c) The cops die.
(d) The cops decide to befriend the characters.
10. What is Zaphod good at?
11. What does Deep Thought want to do?
(a) Design another supercomputer
(c) Calculate the vectors of the atoms in the big bang
(d) Design a better digital watch
12. What type of weapons are the cops using?
(a) Kill-O-Zap guns
(b) Space-Ray Guns
(c) Nuclear missiles
(d) Flechette pistols
13. What does the aircar travel through to get to the surface of Magrathea?
(a) A large computer
(c) Damp caverns
(d) Steel tunnels
14. How many sheep does Marvin count before going to sleep?
(a) Five hundred and twenty-three million
(b) Five hundred and eighty-six trillion
(c) Five hundred and a thousand zillion
(d) Five hundred and ninety-seven billion
15. How does Slartibartfast respond when Arthur tries to talk to him in the aircar?
(a) He asks Arthur if he is comfortable.
(b) He shrugs and continues to fly.
(c) He ignores Arthur.
(d) He tells Arthur to be quiet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only thing dolphins did?
2. What is Arthur having trouble with?
3. What planet are the cops from?
4. What part of planet building does the old man enjoy the most?
5. What is wrong with the ship?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)