|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times can a galactic civilization grow from a single worm in ten million years?
(a) Five times
(b) Umpteen times
(c) Three times
(d) Once or twice
2. What are Zaphod, Ford, and Trillian doing when Arthur arrives?
(a) Having their brains zapped
(b) Being tortured
(c) Waiting for him
(d) Eating a feast
3. Where does Zaphod suggest eating?
(a) The local greasy starship
(b) The Nutri-Matic Machine
(c) Veet Voojagig's house
(d) The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
4. Why is Slartibartfast's study a total mess?
(a) An earthquake
(b) He is a slob.
(c) It has been unused for thousands of years.
(d) The cleaning staff are dead.
5. What gas do the beings from this planet breathe?
6. Who are the hosts?
(a) Strange blue creatures
(b) The new Galactic President and his entourage
(c) The Intergalatic Police
(d) Trillian's white mice
7. What destroyed the combined Vl'Hurg and G'Gugvuntt fleet?
(a) A horribly beweaponed battelcruiser
(b) A ghastly mistake
(c) A black hole
(d) A small dog
8. How can Arthur experience the answer to the great question?
9. What causes the alarms to sound?
(a) A hostile ship lands on the planet.
(b) The mice alert the planet of Arthur's escape.
(c) Arthur steals a planetary design award.
(d) Zaphod shoots a Magrathean.
10. Who starts shooting at the characters?
(a) The mice
(c) An enraged Slartibartfast
11. What do the mice agree should be the ultimate question?
(a) "What comes first, the chicken or the egg?"
(b) "Are we stronger than the elements?"
(c) "How many roads must a man walk down?"
(d) "What is the meaning of life?"
12. What would Slartibartfast rather be than right?
13. What is Deep Thought the size of?
(a) A small continent
(b) A small planet
(c) A small city
(d) A small spaceship
14. What does the old man unsuccessfully try to do to Arthur?
(a) Kill him
(b) Escape from him
(c) Threaten him
(d) Sedate him
15. What is the usual fate of those who are determined to make fools of themselves in public?
(a) Tax exile
(b) The sanitarium
(c) Death by alcoholism
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Zaphod Beeblebrox drinking?
2. How long will it take Deep Thought to figure out the answer to life, the universe, and everything?
3. What had mankind achieved?
4. Who are furious about the Earth's destruction?
5. What is the significance of Arthur's feelings of paranoia?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)