|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Slartibartfast offer to take Arthur?
(a) For a stroll on the New Earth
(b) To meet the mice
(c) To sign a petition against the Vogons
(d) To see Zaphod, Ford, and Trillian
2. Who will see the characters at the end of the chapter?
(a) The police
(d) The mice
3. What were the two most improbable events in the history of the universe?
(a) Probably just coincidences
(b) The invention of cricket and the gin and tonic.
(c) Arthur arriving on Magrathea, and Arsenal winning the cup.
(d) Zaphod getting elected Galactic President, and Zaphod stealing the Heart of Gold.
4. What is Deep Thought's answer to life, the universe, and everything?
(b) Be happy
(d) Go forth and multiply
5. How long will it take Deep Thought to figure out the answer to life, the universe, and everything?
(a) Eight and a quarter billion years
(b) Seven and a half million years
(c) Seventeen days and four hours
(d) Six thousand, three hundred years
6. How does Deep Thought rank in terms of all-time thinking power?
7. What are the names of the men who get to hear the answer?
(a) Paakfert and Jivgt
(b) Noogjull and Xuachit
(c) Hexbuj and Vuirshad
(d) Loonquawl and Phouchg
8. What reason does the old man give for the missiles that nearly destroyed the Heart of Gold?
(a) The ship is stolen, and there is a bounty on it.
(b) They needed to get rid of some missiles.
(c) The computers are bored.
(d) The old regime was a little paranoid.
9. What happened to the dolphins when the Vogons arrived?
(a) They died along with the humans.
(b) They left by their own means.
(c) They negotiated with the Vogons and were taken away.
(d) No one is entirely sure.
10. What is the usual fate of those who are determined to make fools of themselves in public?
(a) Tax exile
(b) Death by alcoholism
(d) The sanitarium
11. What three phases does each civilization seem to pass through?
(a) Survival, Inquiry, and Sophistication.
(b) Birth, Life, and Death.
(c) Peace, War, and Ambivalence.
(d) Ignorance, Education, and Synthesis.
12. What does the recording that Arthur sees have?
(c) High Definition
(d) Stereo sound
13. What do the characters find sitting next to the Heart of Gold upon their return to the surface?
(a) A Vogon book of poetry
(b) Marvin the robot
(c) A gold statue
(d) The Blagulon Kappa policecraft
14. What is being built in Magrathea's factory?
(a) A vacation planet for mice
(b) A death star
(c) Another version of the Earth
(d) A Vogon constructor fleet
15. When catering to customers' tastes, what is Magrathea not?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Slartibartfast respond when Arthur tries to talk to him in the aircar?
2. What does the old man unsuccessfully try to do to Arthur?
3. What causes the alarms to sound?
4. Who are the hosts?
5. Who goes to investigate the gunfire when it stops?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)