|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long will the new program take to run?
(a) Ten million years
(b) Twenty million years
(c) Twelve thousand years
(d) A nanosecond
2. What do Phouchg and Loonquawl think they will get?
(a) A better answer if they keep asking
(b) A hero's welcome
(d) Medals for bravery
3. What color is the old man's robe?
(a) Deep purple
4. What is Zaphod Beeblebrox drinking?
(a) Gin and tonic
(b) Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters.
(c) Purple stuff
(d) Sparkling wate
5. How many times can a galactic civilization grow from a single worm in ten million years?
(a) Once or twice
(b) Five times
(c) Three times
(d) Umpteen times
6. How many sheep does Marvin count before going to sleep?
(a) Five hundred and eighty-six trillion
(b) Five hundred and twenty-three million
(c) Five hundred and ninety-seven billion
(d) Five hundred and a thousand zillion
7. What part of planet building does the old man enjoy the most?
8. What would Slartibartfast rather be than right?
9. What frightens Arthur in the aircar?
(a) A passing freighter
(b) A loud metal clang
(c) A tunnel
(d) Slartibartfast's singing
10. What had mankind achieved?
(a) Science, math, art, and so on.
(b) The wheel, wars, New York, and so on.
(c) Digital watches, fire, New Jersey, and so on.
(d) The car, computers, England, and so on.
11. What is the significance of Arthur's feelings of paranoia?
(a) Probably none whatsoever
(b) It means that there is a fundamental type of evil existing in the universe.
(c) It means that the universe has great plans for him.
(d) It comes from his psychic link to Zaphod Beeblebrox.
12. How can Arthur experience the answer to the great question?
13. Who caused a war by an idle comment?
14. What will the New Earth not be?
(b) Paid for by mice
(c) The same
(d) Destroyed by Vogons
15. What is Deep Thought's answer to life, the universe, and everything?
(b) Go forth and multiply
(c) Be happy
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will see the characters at the end of the chapter?
2. Who goes to investigate the gunfire when it stops?
3. How many pages is this chapter?
4. What type of craft does the old man have?
5. What is the series of valleys?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)