|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the old man's robe?
(c) Deep purple
2. What is not one of Arthur's problems?
3. What is the strange irritating light not?
(a) An alien spotlight
(c) All of the above
4. What are the names of the men who get to hear the answer?
(a) Noogjull and Xuachit
(b) Hexbuj and Vuirshad
(c) Loonquawl and Phouchg
(d) Paakfert and Jivgt
5. What is still unfinished on the New Earth?
(a) The treelines
(b) The fijords
(c) The fake dinosaur skeletons
(d) North America
6. How long does it take anyone to speak after hearing the answer?
(b) A few minutes
(c) Ten seconds
(d) A long time
7. What is Arthur reading?
(a) The manual to the Heart of Gold
(b) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
(c) Vogon Poetry
(d) The Encyclopedia Galactica
8. What does the old man unsuccessfully try to do to Arthur?
(a) Threaten him
(b) Escape from him
(c) Kill him
(d) Sedate him
9. Can Deep Thought figure out the great question?
(b) Yes, but it will take some time
(d) Perhaps, perhaps not
10. Why is Slartibartfast's study a total mess?
(a) The cleaning staff are dead.
(b) An earthquake
(c) He is a slob.
(d) It has been unused for thousands of years.
11. What is the name of the supercomputer?
(a) The Milliard Gargantubrain
(b) Deep Thought
(c) The Pondermatic
(d) The Googleplex Starthinker
12. What does the recording that Arthur sees have?
(a) Stereo sound
(b) High Definition
13. How can Arthur experience the answer to the great question?
14. How long will it take Deep Thought to figure out the answer to life, the universe, and everything?
(a) Seven and a half million years
(b) Eight and a quarter billion years
(c) Six thousand, three hundred years
(d) Seventeen days and four hours
15. Who are the hosts?
(a) Strange blue creatures
(b) The Intergalatic Police
(c) Trillian's white mice
(d) The new Galactic President and his entourage
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the final message from the dolphins?
2. What had mankind achieved?
3. Who starts shooting at the characters?
4. What type of weapons are the cops using?
5. Where is the Heart of Gold traveling from?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)