|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Zaphod, Ford, and Trillian doing when Arthur arrives?
(a) Being tortured
(b) Having their brains zapped
(c) Waiting for him
(d) Eating a feast
2. What is Deep Thought's answer to life, the universe, and everything?
(c) Go forth and multiply
(d) Be happy
3. What is the imaginary planet that Zaphod, Trillian, and Ford are on made of?
4. Who are furious about the Earth's destruction?
(b) The Galactic Government
5. How do the the characters survive the onslaught of police gunfire?
(a) It stops.
(b) They fight back.
(c) The mice kill the cops.
(d) They find a trap door.
6. How long will the new program take to run?
(a) A nanosecond
(b) Twelve thousand years
(c) Twenty million years
(d) Ten million years
7. What type of craft does the old man have?
(a) A warcraft
(b) A hovercraft
(c) A skimmer
(d) A cruiser
8. Who caused a war by an idle comment?
9. What speed does the aircar travel at?
(b) Warp 5
(c) 10 lightyears/hr
10. How long will it take Deep Thought to figure out the answer to life, the universe, and everything?
(a) Seven and a half million years
(b) Seventeen days and four hours
(c) Eight and a quarter billion years
(d) Six thousand, three hundred years
11. What frightens Arthur in the aircar?
(a) A loud metal clang
(b) A passing freighter
(c) A tunnel
(d) Slartibartfast's singing
12. What had mankind achieved?
(a) Digital watches, fire, New Jersey, and so on.
(b) The car, computers, England, and so on.
(c) Science, math, art, and so on.
(d) The wheel, wars, New York, and so on.
13. What is the significance of Arthur's feelings of paranoia?
(a) It means that there is a fundamental type of evil existing in the universe.
(b) It comes from his psychic link to Zaphod Beeblebrox.
(c) It means that the universe has great plans for him.
(d) Probably none whatsoever
14. What is wrong with the ship?
(a) It appears to be dead.
(b) It is on fire.
(c) It is surrounded by a deadly force-field.
(d) It is out of gas.
15. How does Slartibartfast respond when Arthur tries to talk to him in the aircar?
(a) He shrugs and continues to fly.
(b) He tells Arthur to be quiet.
(c) He ignores Arthur.
(d) He asks Arthur if he is comfortable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country's coastlines did Slartibartfast get an award for?
2. Where do Arthur and the others escape to?
3. Who are the hosts?
4. What causes the alarms to sound?
5. How many sheep does Marvin count before going to sleep?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)