|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ford find lying face-down in the cold dust?
(b) Marvin the robot
(c) Zaphod Beeblebrox
2. Where did Veet Voojagig go to school?
(a) University of Alderan
(b) University of Alpha Centauri
(c) University of Maximegalon
(d) University of Hooprafrinx VI
3. Where is the Heart of Gold traveling from?
(a) The Horsehead Nebula
(d) Jaglan Beta
4. What did Ford kindly leave Arthur?
(a) His copy of the Guide
(b) A pillow
(c) His stun-ray
(d) His towel
5. What are Zaphod, Ford, and Trillian doing when Arthur arrives?
(a) Eating a feast
(b) Having their brains zapped
(c) Being tortured
(d) Waiting for him
6. What is the imaginary planet that Zaphod, Trillian, and Ford are on made of?
7. What planet are the cops from?
(a) Allosimanius Syneca
(c) Blagulon Kappa
8. Why is Slartibartfast's study a total mess?
(a) He is a slob.
(b) It has been unused for thousands of years.
(c) The cleaning staff are dead.
(d) An earthquake
9. What does the aircar travel through to get to the surface of Magrathea?
(a) A large computer
(b) Steel tunnels
(c) Damp caverns
10. What is the significance of Arthur's feelings of paranoia?
(a) It means that there is a fundamental type of evil existing in the universe.
(b) It comes from his psychic link to Zaphod Beeblebrox.
(c) Probably none whatsoever
(d) It means that the universe has great plans for him.
11. What happened to the life-support systems in the cops' backpacks?
(a) They blew up.
(b) They backfired.
(c) They went on strike.
(d) They ran out of batteries.
12. What is Arthur having trouble with?
(a) His weight
(b) His thinking
(c) His lifestyle
(d) His eyesight
13. What is an important fact?
(a) You cannot trust anyone.
(b) A towel is the most important thing you can possess.
(c) Humans are not intelligent.
(d) Things are not always what they seem.
14. What would Slartibartfast rather be than right?
15. What does the recording that Arthur sees have?
(b) High Definition
(c) Stereo sound
Short Answer Questions
1. What gas do the beings from this planet breathe?
2. Where does Zaphod suggest eating?
3. What does Arthur almost run into at the end of the chapter?
4. Who goes to investigate the gunfire when it stops?
5. How many times can a galactic civilization grow from a single worm in ten million years?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)