|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What three phases does each civilization seem to pass through?
(a) Survival, Inquiry, and Sophistication.
(b) Ignorance, Education, and Synthesis.
(c) Peace, War, and Ambivalence.
(d) Birth, Life, and Death.
2. What happens to Arthur when he grabs the two ends of wire?
(a) A bird flies through him.
(c) He suddenly understands why he is so unhappy.
(d) He is electrocuted.
3. Why does the gunfire stop?
(a) The guns disappear into thin air.
(b) The cops run out of ammunition.
(c) The cops die.
(d) The cops decide to befriend the characters.
4. What is Zaphod Beeblebrox drinking?
(a) Sparkling wate
(b) Gin and tonic
(c) Purple stuff
(d) Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters.
5. How many pages is this chapter?
(a) A little more than two
(b) Less than one
(c) Three and a bit
6. What type of weapons are the cops using?
(a) Flechette pistols
(b) Space-Ray Guns
(c) Kill-O-Zap guns
(d) Nuclear missiles
7. What type of talk costs lives?
8. What is the series of valleys?
(a) Just a series of valleys
(b) A hallmark
(c) An aquaduct for liquid gold
(d) Storage for solid gold
9. What does Arthur almost run into at the end of the chapter?
(a) A pack of ghosts
(c) The whale carcass
(d) An old man
10. What would Slartibartfast rather be than right?
11. How many cops are there?
12. How can Arthur experience the answer to the great question?
13. What planet are the cops from?
(a) Blagulon Kappa
(b) Allosimanius Syneca
14. What do the characters find sitting next to the Heart of Gold upon their return to the surface?
(a) The Blagulon Kappa policecraft
(b) A gold statue
(c) A Vogon book of poetry
(d) Marvin the robot
15. What is Deep Thought the size of?
(a) A small continent
(b) A small spaceship
(c) A small planet
(d) A small city
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the recording that Arthur sees have?
2. What is the name of the supercomputer?
3. What speed does the aircar travel at?
4. How long will the new program take to run?
5. Why is Slartibartfast's study a total mess?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)