|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of Arthur's feelings of paranoia?
(a) It means that there is a fundamental type of evil existing in the universe.
(b) It means that the universe has great plans for him.
(c) Probably none whatsoever
(d) It comes from his psychic link to Zaphod Beeblebrox.
2. Who caused a war by an idle comment?
3. Where do Arthur and the others escape to?
(a) A wormhole
(b) An empty office
(c) A spacecraft
(d) A computer bay
4. What is still unfinished on the New Earth?
(a) The treelines
(b) The fake dinosaur skeletons
(c) North America
(d) The fijords
5. What is not one of Arthur's problems?
6. How many pages is this chapter?
(b) Three and a bit
(c) Less than one
(d) A little more than two
7. How long will the new program take to run?
(a) A nanosecond
(b) Ten million years
(c) Twelve thousand years
(d) Twenty million years
8. What did Ford kindly leave Arthur?
(a) His towel
(b) A pillow
(c) His copy of the Guide
(d) His stun-ray
9. When catering to customers' tastes, what is Magrathea not?
10. What subject is Arthur reading about?
(a) The Philosophy of Time Travel
(b) The Archaeology of Magrathea
(c) The History of every Galactic Civilization
(d) The Alchemy of Betelguese Five
11. What does the old man unsuccessfully try to do to Arthur?
(a) Kill him
(b) Sedate him
(c) Threaten him
(d) Escape from him
12. Who are the hosts?
(a) Strange blue creatures
(b) Trillian's white mice
(c) The Intergalatic Police
(d) The new Galactic President and his entourage
13. What causes the alarms to sound?
(a) A hostile ship lands on the planet.
(b) Arthur steals a planetary design award.
(c) The mice alert the planet of Arthur's escape.
(d) Zaphod shoots a Magrathean.
14. How long will it take Deep Thought to figure out the answer to life, the universe, and everything?
(a) Eight and a quarter billion years
(b) Seven and a half million years
(c) Six thousand, three hundred years
(d) Seventeen days and four hours
15. What does Deep Thought want to do?
(a) Calculate the vectors of the atoms in the big bang
(b) Design a better digital watch
(c) Design another supercomputer
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Phouchg and Loonquawl think they will get?
2. Who was Yooden Vranx?
3. How do the the characters survive the onslaught of police gunfire?
4. What is Zaphod Beeblebrox drinking?
5. Can Deep Thought figure out the great question?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)