|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the dolphins when the Vogons arrived?
(a) No one is entirely sure.
(b) They negotiated with the Vogons and were taken away.
(c) They died along with the humans.
(d) They left by their own means.
2. How can Arthur experience the answer to the great question?
3. What did the most intelligent species on Earth do with their time?
(a) Fight against the dolphins for control of the Earth
(b) Write elegant and subtle poetry
(c) Conduct elegant and subtle experiments on humans
(d) Watch movies and have a good time
4. What is the significance of Arthur's feelings of paranoia?
(a) Probably none whatsoever
(b) It means that there is a fundamental type of evil existing in the universe.
(c) It means that the universe has great plans for him.
(d) It comes from his psychic link to Zaphod Beeblebrox.
5. What country's coastlines did Slartibartfast get an award for?
6. What do Phouchg and Loonquawl think they will get?
(a) A better answer if they keep asking
(b) A hero's welcome
(d) Medals for bravery
7. What gas do the beings from this planet breathe?
8. What planet are the cops from?
(a) Allosimanius Syneca
(b) Blagulon Kappa
9. What does Deep Thought want to do?
(b) Design another supercomputer
(c) Design a better digital watch
(d) Calculate the vectors of the atoms in the big bang
10. What type of dinosaur's ribcage is Slartibartfast's chair made of?
(c) Tyrannasaurus Rex
11. How long will the new program take to run?
(a) Twenty million years
(b) A nanosecond
(c) Twelve thousand years
(d) Ten million years
12. What is the strange irritating light not?
(a) All of the above
(c) An alien spotlight
13. When catering to customers' tastes, what is Magrathea not?
14. Why does the gunfire stop?
(a) The cops run out of ammunition.
(b) The cops die.
(c) The guns disappear into thin air.
(d) The cops decide to befriend the characters.
15. What three phases does each civilization seem to pass through?
(a) Survival, Inquiry, and Sophistication.
(b) Ignorance, Education, and Synthesis.
(c) Birth, Life, and Death.
(d) Peace, War, and Ambivalence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the men who get to hear the answer?
2. What frightens Arthur in the aircar?
3. Where does Slartibartfast offer to take Arthur?
4. What is Zaphod Beeblebrox drinking?
5. What happened to the life-support systems in the cops' backpacks?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)