|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of Arthur's feelings of paranoia?
(a) It comes from his psychic link to Zaphod Beeblebrox.
(b) It means that the universe has great plans for him.
(c) It means that there is a fundamental type of evil existing in the universe.
(d) Probably none whatsoever
2. What will the New Earth not be?
(a) The same
(b) Paid for by mice
(d) Destroyed by Vogons
3. How many cops are there?
4. What was the only thing dolphins did?
(a) Play in the water while having a good time
(b) Eat a lot of fish
(c) Do tricks and sing
5. What happens to Arthur when he grabs the two ends of wire?
(b) A bird flies through him.
(c) He is electrocuted.
(d) He suddenly understands why he is so unhappy.
6. What is the imaginary planet that Zaphod, Trillian, and Ford are on made of?
7. What is wrong with the ship?
(a) It is surrounded by a deadly force-field.
(b) It is on fire.
(c) It appears to be dead.
(d) It is out of gas.
8. How does Slartibartfast respond when Arthur tries to talk to him in the aircar?
(a) He shrugs and continues to fly.
(b) He ignores Arthur.
(c) He asks Arthur if he is comfortable.
(d) He tells Arthur to be quiet.
9. What do the mice agree should be the ultimate question?
10. How long does it take anyone to speak after hearing the answer?
(a) Ten seconds
(b) A long time
(c) A few minutes
11. Why is Slartibartfast's study a total mess?
(a) He is a slob.
(b) It has been unused for thousands of years.
(c) The cleaning staff are dead.
(d) An earthquake
12. Who does Ford find lying face-down in the cold dust?
(c) Marvin the robot
(d) Zaphod Beeblebrox
13. What is the strange irritating light not?
(a) All of the above
(d) An alien spotlight
14. What does Phouchg call the name "Earth"?
15. What is Zaphod good at?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Slartibartfast rather be than right?
2. How many times can a galactic civilization grow from a single worm in ten million years?
3. What happened to the dolphins when the Vogons arrived?
4. What are Zaphod, Ford, and Trillian doing when Arthur arrives?
5. How does Deep Thought rank in terms of all-time thinking power?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)