|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which government owns the Starship Heart of Gold?
(a) No one owns it, it has been stolen.
(b) Omicron VI
(c) The Sirius Cybernetics Empire
(d) The Galactic Hyperspace Federation
2. What day could Arthur never get the hang of?
3. What does Ford start turning into?
(a) A madman with five heads
(c) A penguin
(d) An elderberry bush
4. What color are the seas exactly the wrong shade of?
5. What was life in the former Galactic Empire largely free of?
6. Why is Arthur so excited to be on Magrathea?
(a) He has never been to an alien planet before.
(b) The drink he got from the machine has made his brain a little strange.
(c) He has a great design for a planet that he wants to show the Magratheans.
(d) He has always believed the legend.
7. Where does Marvin have a terrible pain?
(a) In his neural network
(b) In the diodes of his left side
(c) In his pain processors
(d) In his right knee joint
8. What word describes the new personality of the computer?
9. What do all the molecules of a hostess's underwear move in accordance with?
(a) The theory of gravitation
(b) The theory of interference
(c) The theory of indeterminacy
(d) The theory of relativity
10. What does Arthur say that saving everyone's lives was?
(a) His way of saying thanks for rescuing Ford and himself from space
(b) Really good thinking
(d) His greatest achievement
11. What did Zaphod call himself when he was on Earth?
12. What does Eddie say the characters' adventure will end in?
13. How long has Magrathea been dead for?
(a) Seven million years
(b) A billion and a half years
(c) Ten million years
(d) Five million years
14. What sits in a corner of the control cabin of the Starship Heart of Gold?
(a) A computer
(c) A robot
(d) A bar
15. What play does an infinite number of monkeys write?
(b) Much Ado about Nothing
(c) King Lear
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Vogons going to do to Arthur and Ford?
2. Is this sort of thing going to happen every time the improbability drive is used?
3. Why does Ford order so much beer at lunchtime?
4. After saying "Hi there!," the ship's computer prints out a ribbon of ticker tape. What does the tape say?
5. What does Zaphod think about the ship computer?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)