|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Guide say about the Earth?
(a) A small blue-green planet
(c) That it has been destroyed by the Vogons
(d) Nothing at all
2. What goes through the mind of the bowl of petunias?
(a) "Why me?"
(b) "How can this be happening?"
(c) "Oh no, not again."
3. What does Arthur say that saving everyone's lives was?
(a) Really good thinking
(b) His greatest achievement
(d) His way of saying thanks for rescuing Ford and himself from space
4. What was the home of this new industry?
(b) Alpha Centauri
(d) Sector ZZ9, plural Z Alpha
5. Where were Ford and Arthur picked up?
(a) Sector LL8 Quadruple X Beta
(b) Sector XYZ Triple 3 Gamma
(c) Sector K4B Double J Zeta
(d) Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
6. How many suns does Magrathea have?
7. What rank of intelligence did humans have on Earth?
(a) Third most intelligent
(b) Second most intelligent
(c) The most intelligent
(d) Least intelligent
8. What sits in a corner of the control cabin of the Starship Heart of Gold?
(a) A bar
(b) A robot
(d) A computer
9. What does Arthur wish he listened to?
(a) What his mother said when he was young
(b) What his teachers told him about space
(c) The Vogon poem, because it may have had some clues about how to escape
(d) More of Beethoven's music
10. What is written on the cover of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
(a) Front Cover
(b) Don't Panic
(c) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
(d) This End Up
11. What play does an infinite number of monkeys write?
(a) King Lear
(c) Much Ado about Nothing
12. What is the name of Zaphod's private brain care specialist?
(a) Eccentrica Gallumbits
(b) Gag Halfrunt
(c) Glorm Boxtem
13. What does Eddie say the characters' adventure will end in?
14. Why can Marvin not keep his mind off things?
(a) There is nothing to distract him.
(b) He has an extremely large mind.
(c) His programming does not allow it.
(d) He was badly made and has a lot of bugs in his system.
15. How long has Magrathea been dead for?
(a) Five million years
(b) Ten million years
(c) Seven million years
(d) A billion and a half years
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Marvin an ironic character?
2. What ship rescues Ford and Arthur?
3. What is the name of the shipboard computer?
4. What is the job of the Intergalactic President?
5. What does Arthur awake to the sound of?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)