|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ford Prefect?
(a) All of the above
(b) Arthur Dent's friend
(c) A roving researcher for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
(d) A drunk
2. What does Arthur say that saving everyone's lives was?
(a) Really good thinking
(c) His greatest achievement
(d) His way of saying thanks for rescuing Ford and himself from space
3. What is the name of Zaphod's private brain care specialist?
(b) Gag Halfrunt
(c) Eccentrica Gallumbits
(d) Glorm Boxtem
4. What happens to Ford and Arthur?
(a) They die in deep space.
(b) They are rescued.
(c) They find a way back into the ship.
(d) They are sucked into the gravitational pull of a nearby planet.
5. What is the name of the shipboard computer?
6. What are the initials burned into Zaphod's brain?
7. Where are the characters located?
(a) Barnard's Star
(b) The Horsehead Nebula
(c) The Basingstoke Roundabout
(d) The Milky Way
8. What is the job of the Intergalactic President?
(a) To wield power
(b) To further the Empire and conquer the known universe
(c) To draw attention away from power
(d) To have a good time
9. What is the equivalent of saying "blood... blood" to a computer?
(b) Threatening to turn off the power
(c) Bad math
(d) Talking about using a slide rule
10. What play does an infinite number of monkeys write?
(a) King Lear
(d) Much Ado about Nothing
11. What does the computer do as the missiles approach?
(a) Take evasive action
(c) Raise shields
(d) Shut down
12. Where does Arthur Dent work?
(a) From home
(b) At a television station
(c) In magazine advertising
(d) In local radio
13. What is a good source of Brownian motion?
(a) Plutonium atoms
(b) Zydrine crystals
(c) A sub-meson brain
(d) A nice hot cup of tea
14. What rank of intelligence did humans have on Earth?
(a) The most intelligent
(b) Least intelligent
(c) Third most intelligent
(d) Second most intelligent
15. What fantastic new industry was created?
(a) Custom constellations
(b) Custom planets
(c) Customer service
(d) Custom starships
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zaphod call himself when he was on Earth?
2. Why does Ford order so much beer at lunchtime?
3. What does Ford start turning into?
4. What does Ford hum to the guard in an attempt to stir some feelings within him?
5. What has opened a passage into the interior of the planet?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)