Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ford use to conceal the alien technology in his satchel?
(a) Scripts for plays
(c) Manuscripts for the bad novels that Ford writes
(d) A towel
2. What happens to Ford and Arthur?
(a) They die in deep space.
(b) They are rescued.
(c) They are sucked into the gravitational pull of a nearby planet.
(d) They find a way back into the ship.
3. What does Ford hum to the guard in an attempt to stir some feelings within him?
(a) The first bar of Beethoven's Fifth
(b) A tuneless melody that popped into Ford's head
(c) An old Betelgeusian battle hymn
(d) The beginning of Auld Lang Syne
4. After saying "Hi there!," the ship's computer prints out a ribbon of ticker tape. What does the tape say?
(b) The probability figure that Zaphod was about to ask it for
5. Why can Marvin not keep his mind off things?
(a) There is nothing to distract him.
(b) His programming does not allow it.
(c) He has an extremely large mind.
(d) He was badly made and has a lot of bugs in his system.
6. Where does Marvin have a terrible pain?
(a) In his neural network
(b) In his right knee joint
(c) In the diodes of his left side
(d) In his pain processors
7. What has opened a passage into the interior of the planet?
(a) An asteroid
(b) The Improbability Drive
(c) One of the nuclear missiles
(d) The whale
8. What is the job of the Intergalactic President?
(a) To further the Empire and conquer the known universe
(b) To draw attention away from power
(c) To wield power
(d) To have a good time
9. Where have Zaphod and Arthur met before?
(a) When Zaphod buzzed Earth as a teaser
(b) At a party in Islington
(c) When Arthur was abducted by aliens
(d) They have never actually met.
10. Was does Zaphod search for on the sub-etha radio?
(a) The movements of the Vogon Constructor Fleet
(b) A signal from the intergalactic fence who will help him sell the Heart of Gold
(c) News about himself
(d) Some decent gunk music
11. What does Ford start turning into?
(b) An elderberry bush
(c) A penguin
(d) A madman with five heads
12. What does Zaphod think about the ship computer?
(a) He loathes it.
(b) He does not think about it much at all.
(c) He loves it.
(d) He thinks of it as a necessary evil.
13. Where were Ford and Arthur picked up?
(a) Sector K4B Double J Zeta
(b) Sector XYZ Triple 3 Gamma
(c) Sector LL8 Quadruple X Beta
(d) Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
14. What can respectable physicists really not stand for?
(a) Zaphod Beeblebrox
(b) Debasements of science
(c) Wild parties
(d) A smart-ass
15. What are serious problems throughout the galaxy?
(a) Cancer, and untied shoelaces
(b) Stress and nervous tension
(c) Unbridled enthusiasm for danger
(d) Rage and uncontrollable anger
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Guide say about the Earth?
2. Who saved Ford and Arthur?
3. What does the computer do as the missiles approach?
4. How does Arthur save the ship?
5. Where could Ford have more fun than Magrathea?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)