|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a good source of Brownian motion?
(a) A nice hot cup of tea
(b) Plutonium atoms
(c) A sub-meson brain
(d) Zydrine crystals
2. What fantastic new industry was created?
(a) Customer service
(b) Custom constellations
(c) Custom planets
(d) Custom starships
3. What word best describes the new interior of the ship?
4. What does Eddie say the characters' adventure will end in?
5. What is the significance of the location where the Heart of Gold picked up Ford and Arthur?
(a) It is the geographic center of the universe.
(b) There is a black hole there.
(c) It was the location where the Heart of Gold originates from.
(d) It is the same sector where Zaphod picked up Trillian.
6. What is the equivalent of saying "blood... blood" to a computer?
(a) Bad math
(b) Talking about using a slide rule
(c) Threatening to turn off the power
7. What does Ford hum to the guard in an attempt to stir some feelings within him?
(a) The first bar of Beethoven's Fifth
(b) A tuneless melody that popped into Ford's head
(c) An old Betelgeusian battle hymn
(d) The beginning of Auld Lang Syne
8. What sits in a corner of the control cabin of the Starship Heart of Gold?
(a) A bar
(b) A computer
(d) A robot
9. What is written on the cover of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
(a) This End Up
(b) Front Cover
(c) Don't Panic
(d) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
10. What is the result of the improbability sum?
(a) Infinity minus one
(b) Infinity squared
(c) Two to the power of two hundred and seventy-six thousand, seven hundred and nine to one against
(d) Ten trillion billion to one
11. Which government owns the Starship Heart of Gold?
(a) No one owns it, it has been stolen.
(b) Omicron VI
(c) The Galactic Hyperspace Federation
(d) The Sirius Cybernetics Empire
12. Who saved Ford and Arthur?
(a) The Great Collapsing Hrung
(b) The Dentrassis
(c) The Vogons
13. What is the name of the shipboard computer?
14. Why do parents tell their children about the legend of Magrathea?
(a) They want them to grow up to become physical therapists.
(b) They want them to grow up to become psychologists.
(c) They want them to grow up to become sociologists.
(d) They want them to grow up to become economists.
15. What is the planet Damogran home to?
(a) A secret type of ion drive
(b) A Vogon Constructor Fleet
(c) Zaphod Beeblebrox
(d) The Heart of Gold
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Guide say about the Earth?
2. What does Ford start turning into?
3. Where does Arthur Dent work?
4. What part of an Antarean parakeet is a revolting delicacy?
5. What is the last word the computer sings?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)