|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zaphod invent?
(a) The Gynnan-Tonix
(b) The field of professional brain care
(c) The Infinite Improbability Drive
(d) The Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster
2. What part of an Antarean parakeet is a revolting delicacy?
(a) The gland
(b) The feet
(c) The liver
(d) The gall bladder
3. Resistance is...
4. Why can Marvin not keep his mind off things?
(a) There is nothing to distract him.
(b) He was badly made and has a lot of bugs in his system.
(c) He has an extremely large mind.
(d) His programming does not allow it.
5. What escapes?
(b) The ghosts of planet Magrathea
(c) Trillian's pet mice
(d) The sperm whale
6. What can respectable physicists really not stand for?
(a) A smart-ass
(b) Zaphod Beeblebrox
(c) Wild parties
(d) Debasements of science
7. What does Ford use to conceal the alien technology in his satchel?
(a) Manuscripts for the bad novels that Ford writes
(b) Scripts for plays
(c) A towel
8. What does Zaphod have a problem with?
(c) His brain
(d) His third arm
9. What type of drive is the conventional engine of the Heart of Gold?
10. Which government owns the Starship Heart of Gold?
(a) The Galactic Hyperspace Federation
(b) No one owns it, it has been stolen.
(c) The Sirius Cybernetics Empire
(d) Omicron VI
11. What is the significance of the location where the Heart of Gold picked up Ford and Arthur?
(a) It is the same sector where Zaphod picked up Trillian.
(b) It is the geographic center of the universe.
(c) It was the location where the Heart of Gold originates from.
(d) There is a black hole there.
12. What color are the seas exactly the wrong shade of?
13. Why did Trillian pick up hitchhikers?
(a) She was worried that they would die.
(b) She thought they would be useful as hostages.
(c) She didn not; the ship picked them up all by itself.
(d) Zaphod told her to.
14. What is written on the cover of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
(a) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
(b) Front Cover
(c) This End Up
(d) Don't Panic
15. What does Trillian notice on the wall?
(a) Children's drawings
(b) Pictures of dead humans
(c) Strange symbols of some kind
(d) Billboards and memos
Short Answer Questions
1. Where have Zaphod and Arthur met before?
2. What was the home of this new industry?
3. What do all the molecules of a hostess's underwear move in accordance with?
4. What does the babel fish allow Aurthur to do?
5. What does the computer do as the missiles approach?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)