|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ford order so much beer at lunchtime?
(a) It is a psychological stabilizer.
(b) The world is about to end, and Ford wants to remember the taste.
(c) It is a muscle relaxant.
(d) It is a memory disabler.
2. The typical Vogon is...
3. What rank of intelligence did humans have on Earth?
(a) Second most intelligent
(b) The most intelligent
(c) Least intelligent
(d) Third most intelligent
4. How long has Magrathea been dead for?
(a) A billion and a half years
(b) Five million years
(c) Seven million years
(d) Ten million years
5. What colors are the Heart of Gold's interior after Arthur activates the Improbability Drive?
(a) Green and blue
(b) Red and yellow
(c) Yellow and blue
(d) Purple and pinkish
6. Was does Zaphod search for on the sub-etha radio?
(a) The movements of the Vogon Constructor Fleet
(b) A signal from the intergalactic fence who will help him sell the Heart of Gold
(c) Some decent gunk music
(d) News about himself
7. What are the Vogons going to do to Arthur and Ford?
(a) Put them in prison
(b) Return them to the Earth
(c) Vaporize them
(d) Throw them into space
8. What does Ford buy on his way out of the pub?
(b) More beer
9. What does the whale think might be a good friend, but is in fact not?
(a) His tail
(b) The wind
(c) The ground
(d) The bowl of petunias
10. What does Zaphod find?
(a) The most improbable galaxy ever
(b) The most improbable planet ever
(c) The best vacation spot imaginable
(d) The most improbable creature in existence
11. What does Ford hum to the guard in an attempt to stir some feelings within him?
(a) An old Betelgeusian battle hymn
(b) A tuneless melody that popped into Ford's head
(c) The first bar of Beethoven's Fifth
(d) The beginning of Auld Lang Syne
12. After saying "Hi there!," the ship's computer prints out a ribbon of ticker tape. What does the tape say?
(a) "What can I do to help you?"
(b) "I want you to know that whatever your problem, I am here to help you solve it."
(c) The probability figure that Zaphod was about to ask it for.
(d) A telephone number.
13. What does Arthur wish he listened to?
(a) What his teachers told him about space
(b) What his mother said when he was young
(c) The Vogon poem, because it may have had some clues about how to escape
(d) More of Beethoven's music
14. What does the computer do as the missiles approach?
(a) Raise shields
(b) Shut down
(c) Take evasive action
15. What happens to Ford and Arthur?
(a) They die in deep space.
(b) They are rescued.
(c) They are sucked into the gravitational pull of a nearby planet.
(d) They find a way back into the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saved Ford and Arthur?
2. How does Arthur save the ship?
3. Who has come to visit the Earth in massive yellow spaceships?
4. Why did Trillian pick up hitchhikers?
5. What does Trillian notice on the wall?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)