|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of an Antarean parakeet is a revolting delicacy?
(a) The gland
(b) The liver
(c) The feet
(d) The gall bladder
2. What has opened a passage into the interior of the planet?
(a) The whale
(b) The Improbability Drive
(c) An asteroid
(d) One of the nuclear missiles
3. What does the computer do as the missiles approach?
(b) Raise shields
(c) Take evasive action
(d) Shut down
4. Where were Ford and Arthur picked up?
(a) Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
(b) Sector XYZ Triple 3 Gamma
(c) Sector K4B Double J Zeta
(d) Sector LL8 Quadruple X Beta
5. What does Trillian notice on the wall?
(a) Billboards and memos
(b) Strange symbols of some kind
(c) Pictures of dead humans
(d) Children's drawings
6. What does the babel fish allow Aurthur to do?
(a) See in the dark
(c) Understand alien languages
(d) Have babel fish for lunch
7. What will die in the next chapter?
(a) Seven rabbits
(b) Trillian's white mice
(c) A whale
(d) One of the characters
8. What goes through the mind of the bowl of petunias?
(a) "Oh no, not again."
(c) "Why me?"
(d) "How can this be happening?"
9. What is the name of the shipboard computer?
10. What does Arthur say that saving everyone's lives was?
(a) Really good thinking
(c) His greatest achievement
(d) His way of saying thanks for rescuing Ford and himself from space
11. What is the name of Zaphod's private brain care specialist?
(a) Glorm Boxtem
(c) Eccentrica Gallumbits
(d) Gag Halfrunt
12. What does the whale think might be a good friend, but is in fact not?
(a) The wind
(b) The bowl of petunias
(c) The ground
(d) His tail
13. How does Vogon poetry rank in the universe?
(a) Second best
(c) The very worst
(d) Third worst
14. Which character has something odd about him or her, like they are missing something?
15. What is the result of the improbability sum?
(a) Two to the power of two hundred and seventy-six thousand, seven hundred and nine to one against
(b) Ten trillion billion to one
(c) Infinity squared
(d) Infinity minus one
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes the new interior of the ship?
2. What does Zaphod have a problem with?
3. Where could Ford have more fun than Magrathea?
4. Where does the ship go when the Improbability Drive is activated?
5. What is Trillian's only link with Earth?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)