|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the planet Damogran home to?
(a) Zaphod Beeblebrox
(b) The Heart of Gold
(c) A Vogon Constructor Fleet
(d) A secret type of ion drive
2. What ship rescues Ford and Arthur?
(a) The Starship Heart of Gold
(b) An interstellar freighter
(c) A passing Teaser
(d) The Space Trucker
3. What does the Guide say about the Earth?
(a) Nothing at all
(c) That it has been destroyed by the Vogons
(d) A small blue-green planet
4. Which character has something odd about him or her, like they are missing something?
5. What does Ford hum to the guard in an attempt to stir some feelings within him?
(a) An old Betelgeusian battle hymn
(b) The first bar of Beethoven's Fifth
(c) A tuneless melody that popped into Ford's head
(d) The beginning of Auld Lang Syne
6. What is the last word the computer sings?
(a) "You'll never walk alone!"
(b) "At the end of the storm is a golden sky."
(c) "Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart."
(d) "Don't be afraid that death is nigh."
7. What type of drive is the conventional engine of the Heart of Gold?
8. Who is Ford Prefect?
(a) Arthur Dent's friend
(b) A drunk
(c) A roving researcher for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
(d) All of the above
9. Where were Ford and Arthur picked up?
(a) Sector K4B Double J Zeta
(b) Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
(c) Sector LL8 Quadruple X Beta
(d) Sector XYZ Triple 3 Gamma
10. What words best describe the reunion of Ford and Zaphod?
(a) Excited enthusiasm
(b) Orgiastic boredom
(c) Zarkingly great energy
(d) Appalling nonchalance
11. What is the significance of the location where the Heart of Gold picked up Ford and Arthur?
(a) It was the location where the Heart of Gold originates from.
(b) It is the geographic center of the universe.
(c) There is a black hole there.
(d) It is the same sector where Zaphod picked up Trillian.
12. Where could Ford have more fun than Magrathea?
(a) Back on the ship
(b) The dentist
(d) A cat litter
13. How does Vogon poetry rank in the universe?
(b) Second best
(c) Third worst
(d) The very worst
14. The typical Vogon is...
15. What happens to Ford and Arthur?
(a) They find a way back into the ship.
(b) They are sucked into the gravitational pull of a nearby planet.
(c) They die in deep space.
(d) They are rescued.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was poor in the former Galactic Empire?
2. What does Eddie say the characters' adventure will end in?
3. What escapes?
4. Where does Arthur Dent work?
5. Where are the characters located?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)