|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zaphod think about the ship computer?
(a) He thinks of it as a necessary evil.
(b) He loathes it.
(c) He loves it.
(d) He does not think about it much at all.
2. What word describes the new personality of the computer?
3. Where could Ford have more fun than Magrathea?
(a) A cat litter
(b) The dentist
(d) Back on the ship
4. Why can Marvin not keep his mind off things?
(a) His programming does not allow it.
(b) He has an extremely large mind.
(c) There is nothing to distract him.
(d) He was badly made and has a lot of bugs in his system.
5. What fantastic new industry was created?
(a) Custom planets
(b) Custom starships
(c) Customer service
(d) Custom constellations
6. What does Ford start turning into?
(b) A madman with five heads
(c) A penguin
(d) An elderberry bush
7. What play does an infinite number of monkeys write?
(a) Much Ado about Nothing
(b) King Lear
8. What is the job of the Intergalactic President?
(a) To further the Empire and conquer the known universe
(b) To wield power
(c) To draw attention away from power
(d) To have a good time
9. How does Arthur save the ship?
(a) He never really figures out exactly how he did it.
(b) He kicks the computer, engaging its guidance systems.
(c) He turns on the Improbability Drive.
(d) He maneuvers the ship so that the missiles collide with an asteroid.
10. Why do parents tell their children about the legend of Magrathea?
(a) They want them to grow up to become psychologists.
(b) They want them to grow up to become sociologists.
(c) They want them to grow up to become economists.
(d) They want them to grow up to become physical therapists.
11. The typical Vogon is...
12. What are serious problems throughout the galaxy?
(a) Unbridled enthusiasm for danger
(b) Stress and nervous tension
(c) Rage and uncontrollable anger
(d) Cancer, and untied shoelaces
13. What can respectable physicists really not stand for?
(a) Debasements of science
(b) Zaphod Beeblebrox
(c) A smart-ass
(d) Wild parties
14. What did scholars write about following the collapse?
(a) New Neo-Liberalology
(b) Planned political economy
(c) How poor scholars generally were following the collapse
(d) Metaphysical discourse
15. What are the initials burned into Zaphod's brain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Zaphod's private brain care specialist?
2. What is the last word the computer sings?
3. What is the planet Damogran home to?
4. How long has Magrathea been dead for?
5. Who is Ford Prefect?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)