|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character has something odd about him or her, like they are missing something?
2. What will die in the next chapter?
(a) Trillian's white mice
(b) One of the characters
(c) Seven rabbits
(d) A whale
3. What has opened a passage into the interior of the planet?
(a) The whale
(b) An asteroid
(c) The Improbability Drive
(d) One of the nuclear missiles
4. Where could Ford have more fun than Magrathea?
(a) A cat litter
(c) The dentist
(d) Back on the ship
5. How does Arthur save the ship?
(a) He never really figures out exactly how he did it.
(b) He turns on the Improbability Drive.
(c) He kicks the computer, engaging its guidance systems.
(d) He maneuvers the ship so that the missiles collide with an asteroid.
6. What play does an infinite number of monkeys write?
(a) Much Ado about Nothing
(c) King Lear
7. What does Ford hum to the guard in an attempt to stir some feelings within him?
(a) The first bar of Beethoven's Fifth
(b) The beginning of Auld Lang Syne
(c) An old Betelgeusian battle hymn
(d) A tuneless melody that popped into Ford's head
8. What ship rescues Ford and Arthur?
(a) A passing Teaser
(b) The Space Trucker
(c) The Starship Heart of Gold
(d) An interstellar freighter
9. What are serious problems throughout the galaxy?
(a) Rage and uncontrollable anger
(b) Stress and nervous tension
(c) Cancer, and untied shoelaces
(d) Unbridled enthusiasm for danger
10. Why is Marvin an ironic character?
(a) He is a robot with a large brain, but is extremely ignorant about the world.
(b) He inadvertently received a human personality when he was created.
(c) His human personality is very robotic.
(d) He is a robot built for efficiency, but incapacitated by depression.
11. What does Arthur say that saving everyone's lives was?
(a) Really good thinking
(b) His way of saying thanks for rescuing Ford and himself from space
(c) His greatest achievement
12. What does Zaphod find?
(a) The most improbable creature in existence
(b) The most improbable planet ever
(c) The best vacation spot imaginable
(d) The most improbable galaxy ever
13. What does the babel fish allow Aurthur to do?
(a) See in the dark
(b) Understand alien languages
(c) Have babel fish for lunch
14. Who is Ford Prefect?
(a) A drunk
(b) All of the above
(c) Arthur Dent's friend
(d) A roving researcher for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
15. What is Trillian's only link with Earth?
(a) Her cat
(b) A digital watch
Short Answer Questions
1. How many suns does Magrathea have?
2. Where does Marvin have a terrible pain?
3. What does Ford use to conceal the alien technology in his satchel?
4. What does Trillian notice on the wall?
5. What is the job of the Intergalactic President?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)