|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many suns does Magrathea have?
2. What will die in the next chapter?
(a) One of the characters
(b) Seven rabbits
(c) Trillian's white mice
(d) A whale
3. What day could Arthur never get the hang of?
4. Why can Marvin not keep his mind off things?
(a) There is nothing to distract him.
(b) His programming does not allow it.
(c) He was badly made and has a lot of bugs in his system.
(d) He has an extremely large mind.
5. What does Ford buy on his way out of the pub?
(b) More beer
6. Who saved Ford and Arthur?
(a) The Vogons
(c) The Dentrassis
(d) The Great Collapsing Hrung
7. What are the initials burned into Zaphod's brain?
8. What play does an infinite number of monkeys write?
(c) Much Ado about Nothing
(d) King Lear
9. What word describes the new personality of the computer?
10. What can respectable physicists really not stand for?
(a) A smart-ass
(b) Wild parties
(c) Debasements of science
(d) Zaphod Beeblebrox
11. After saying "Hi there!," the ship's computer prints out a ribbon of ticker tape. What does the tape say?
(a) "What can I do to help you?"
(b) A telephone number.
(c) The probability figure that Zaphod was about to ask it for.
(d) "I want you to know that whatever your problem, I am here to help you solve it."
12. What is Marvin's nickname?
(a) The Paranoid Android
(b) The Complain-o-matic
13. What was the home of this new industry?
(a) Alpha Centauri
(b) Sector ZZ9, plural Z Alpha
14. Which character has something odd about him or her, like they are missing something?
15. Where have Zaphod and Arthur met before?
(a) They have never actually met.
(b) When Arthur was abducted by aliens
(c) When Zaphod buzzed Earth as a teaser
(d) At a party in Islington
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the ship go when the Improbability Drive is activated?
2. What is a good source of Brownian motion?
3. What does Trillian notice on the wall?
4. Why do parents tell their children about the legend of Magrathea?
5. What does Eddie say the characters' adventure will end in?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)