|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ford buy on his way out of the pub?
(d) More beer
2. What rank of intelligence did humans have on Earth?
(a) Third most intelligent
(b) Second most intelligent
(c) The most intelligent
(d) Least intelligent
3. What ship rescues Ford and Arthur?
(a) The Starship Heart of Gold
(b) A passing Teaser
(c) The Space Trucker
(d) An interstellar freighter
4. What escapes?
(a) The sperm whale
(c) Trillian's pet mice
(d) The ghosts of planet Magrathea
5. What does Zaphod think about the ship computer?
(a) He thinks of it as a necessary evil.
(b) He does not think about it much at all.
(c) He loves it.
(d) He loathes it.
6. Why do parents tell their children about the legend of Magrathea?
(a) They want them to grow up to become economists.
(b) They want them to grow up to become psychologists.
(c) They want them to grow up to become physical therapists.
(d) They want them to grow up to become sociologists.
7. What does Arthur wish he listened to?
(a) What his teachers told him about space
(b) More of Beethoven's music
(c) What his mother said when he was young
(d) The Vogon poem, because it may have had some clues about how to escape
8. What are serious problems throughout the galaxy?
(a) Rage and uncontrollable anger
(b) Cancer, and untied shoelaces
(c) Stress and nervous tension
(d) Unbridled enthusiasm for danger
9. Who was poor in the former Galactic Empire?
(a) No one
(b) Nobody worth speaking of
(d) Alpha Centaurians
10. What are the Vogons going to do to Arthur and Ford?
(a) Return them to the Earth
(b) Vaporize them
(c) Put them in prison
(d) Throw them into space
11. What has Zaphod turned into an art form?
(c) Creative sarcasm
12. What day could Arthur never get the hang of?
13. What does the babel fish allow Aurthur to do?
(b) Understand alien languages
(c) Have babel fish for lunch
(d) See in the dark
14. What is Trillian's only link with Earth?
(a) A digital watch
(b) Her cat
15. Who is Mr. Prosser a descendant of?
(a) Genghis Khan
(b) Ivan the Terrible
(c) Alexander the Great
(d) King Henry VIII
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zaphod find?
2. How long can you survive in space with a lungful of air?
3. What has opened a passage into the interior of the planet?
4. What does the whale think might be a good friend, but is in fact not?
5. What fantastic new industry was created?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)