|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zaphod invent?
(a) The field of professional brain care
(b) The Infinite Improbability Drive
(c) The Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster
(d) The Gynnan-Tonix
2. What is a good source of Brownian motion?
(a) A sub-meson brain
(b) Zydrine crystals
(c) A nice hot cup of tea
(d) Plutonium atoms
3. What was life in the former Galactic Empire largely free of?
4. What is written on the cover of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
(a) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
(b) This End Up
(c) Don't Panic
(d) Front Cover
5. Why does Ford order so much beer at lunchtime?
(a) It is a muscle relaxant.
(b) The world is about to end, and Ford wants to remember the taste.
(c) It is a psychological stabilizer.
(d) It is a memory disabler.
6. What does Arthur wish he listened to?
(a) The Vogon poem, because it may have had some clues about how to escape
(b) More of Beethoven's music
(c) What his teachers told him about space
(d) What his mother said when he was young
7. What does the babel fish allow Aurthur to do?
(a) Have babel fish for lunch
(c) Understand alien languages
(d) See in the dark
8. Why is Marvin an ironic character?
(a) He is a robot built for efficiency, but incapacitated by depression.
(b) His human personality is very robotic.
(c) He inadvertently received a human personality when he was created.
(d) He is a robot with a large brain, but is extremely ignorant about the world.
9. What does Zaphod have a problem with?
(c) His third arm
(d) His brain
10. What is Trillian's only link with Earth?
(c) A digital watch
(d) Her cat
11. Resistance is...
12. What can respectable physicists really not stand for?
(a) A smart-ass
(b) Debasements of science
(c) Zaphod Beeblebrox
(d) Wild parties
13. What does the computer do as the missiles approach?
(a) Shut down
(b) Raise shields
(c) Take evasive action
14. What word best describes the new interior of the ship?
15. What color are the seas exactly the wrong shade of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ford hum to the guard in an attempt to stir some feelings within him?
2. How does Arthur save the ship?
3. What does Zaphod find?
4. What is the name of Zaphod's private brain care specialist?
5. What are the initials burned into Zaphod's brain?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)