|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vogon poetry rank in the universe?
(a) Third worst
(b) The very worst
(c) Second best
2. What does Zaphod have a problem with?
(b) His brain
(c) His third arm
3. What ship rescues Ford and Arthur?
(a) An interstellar freighter
(b) The Space Trucker
(c) The Starship Heart of Gold
(d) A passing Teaser
4. Where does Marvin have a terrible pain?
(a) In his neural network
(b) In his pain processors
(c) In his right knee joint
(d) In the diodes of his left side
5. What is the significance of the location where the Heart of Gold picked up Ford and Arthur?
(a) It is the same sector where Zaphod picked up Trillian.
(b) It was the location where the Heart of Gold originates from.
(c) There is a black hole there.
(d) It is the geographic center of the universe.
6. Where does the ship go when the Improbability Drive is activated?
(a) It appears in orbit of the planet Damogran.
(b) Into the interior of the planet Magrathea
(d) Back to the smoking remains of the Earth
7. Where does Arthur Dent work?
(a) From home
(b) In magazine advertising
(c) In local radio
(d) At a television station
8. What part of an Antarean parakeet is a revolting delicacy?
(a) The gall bladder
(b) The liver
(c) The feet
(d) The gland
9. What did scholars write about following the collapse?
(a) New Neo-Liberalology
(b) Metaphysical discourse
(c) How poor scholars generally were following the collapse
(d) Planned political economy
10. Who is Mr. Prosser a descendant of?
(a) Genghis Khan
(b) King Henry VIII
(c) Ivan the Terrible
(d) Alexander the Great
11. What rank of intelligence did humans have on Earth?
(a) Least intelligent
(b) Second most intelligent
(c) The most intelligent
(d) Third most intelligent
12. What does Ford hum to the guard in an attempt to stir some feelings within him?
(a) A tuneless melody that popped into Ford's head
(b) An old Betelgeusian battle hymn
(c) The first bar of Beethoven's Fifth
(d) The beginning of Auld Lang Syne
13. What word best describes the new interior of the ship?
14. What escapes?
(a) Trillian's pet mice
(b) The sperm whale
(c) The ghosts of planet Magrathea
15. Resistance is...
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Trillian pick up hitchhikers?
2. Who is Ford Prefect?
3. What is written on the cover of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
4. What words best describe the reunion of Ford and Zaphod?
5. What are the initials burned into Zaphod's brain?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)