|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arthur awake to the sound of?
(b) Marvin moaning and complaining
(d) Computerized beeping
2. What color are the seas exactly the wrong shade of?
3. What is the name of the shipboard computer?
4. Is this sort of thing going to happen every time the improbability drive is used?
(a) Problematically probably
(b) The probability is unknown.
(c) Highly improbably
(d) Very probably
5. Where are the characters located?
(a) The Basingstoke Roundabout
(b) Barnard's Star
(c) The Milky Way
(d) The Horsehead Nebula
6. What sits in a corner of the control cabin of the Starship Heart of Gold?
(a) A bar
(b) A computer
(d) A robot
7. What is the equivalent of saying "blood... blood" to a computer?
(b) Bad math
(c) Talking about using a slide rule
(d) Threatening to turn off the power
8. What does the computer do as the missiles approach?
(a) Take evasive action
(b) Shut down
(c) Raise shields
9. What does Arthur wish he listened to?
(a) What his mother said when he was young
(b) More of Beethoven's music
(c) What his teachers told him about space
(d) The Vogon poem, because it may have had some clues about how to escape
10. What do all the molecules of a hostess's underwear move in accordance with?
(a) The theory of relativity
(b) The theory of indeterminacy
(c) The theory of gravitation
(d) The theory of interference
11. What is Arthur concerned about?
(a) If Trillian is interested in him
(b) Whether or not Magrathea is safe
(c) If he can ever have tea again
(d) What they are going to have for breakfast
12. What ship rescues Ford and Arthur?
(a) The Space Trucker
(b) A passing Teaser
(c) An interstellar freighter
(d) The Starship Heart of Gold
13. How does Vogon poetry rank in the universe?
(a) Second best
(b) Third worst
(c) The very worst
14. How long can you survive in space with a lungful of air?
(a) Thirty seconds
(b) A minute
(c) Five seconds
(d) As long as you can hold your breath
15. What does Zaphod have a problem with?
(a) His third arm
(d) His brain
Short Answer Questions
1. What day could Arthur never get the hang of?
2. What colors are the Heart of Gold's interior after Arthur activates the Improbability Drive?
3. Why does Ford order so much beer at lunchtime?
4. Where does Marvin have a terrible pain?
5. How many suns does Magrathea have?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)