|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vogon poetry rank in the universe?
(a) Second best
(b) The very worst
(d) Third worst
2. Where have Zaphod and Arthur met before?
(a) When Arthur was abducted by aliens
(b) When Zaphod buzzed Earth as a teaser
(c) They have never actually met.
(d) At a party in Islington
3. Why is Arthur so excited to be on Magrathea?
(a) He has always believed the legend.
(b) He has never been to an alien planet before.
(c) He has a great design for a planet that he wants to show the Magratheans.
(d) The drink he got from the machine has made his brain a little strange.
4. What does Arthur wish he listened to?
(a) What his teachers told him about space
(b) What his mother said when he was young
(c) More of Beethoven's music
(d) The Vogon poem, because it may have had some clues about how to escape
5. How does Arthur save the ship?
(a) He maneuvers the ship so that the missiles collide with an asteroid.
(b) He turns on the Improbability Drive.
(c) He kicks the computer, engaging its guidance systems.
(d) He never really figures out exactly how he did it.
6. Why do parents tell their children about the legend of Magrathea?
(a) They want them to grow up to become economists.
(b) They want them to grow up to become sociologists.
(c) They want them to grow up to become physical therapists.
(d) They want them to grow up to become psychologists.
7. After saying "Hi there!," the ship's computer prints out a ribbon of ticker tape. What does the tape say?
(a) "What can I do to help you?"
(b) "I want you to know that whatever your problem, I am here to help you solve it."
(c) The probability figure that Zaphod was about to ask it for.
(d) A telephone number.
8. How long has Magrathea been dead for?
(a) Five million years
(b) A billion and a half years
(c) Ten million years
(d) Seven million years
9. Who was poor in the former Galactic Empire?
(a) No one
(b) Alpha Centaurians
(c) Nobody worth speaking of
10. What has opened a passage into the interior of the planet?
(a) An asteroid
(b) The Improbability Drive
(c) The whale
(d) One of the nuclear missiles
11. What does Ford use to conceal the alien technology in his satchel?
(a) Manuscripts for the bad novels that Ford writes
(b) Scripts for plays
(d) A towel
12. What type of drive is the conventional engine of the Heart of Gold?
13. Which character has something odd about him or her, like they are missing something?
14. What does Ford hum to the guard in an attempt to stir some feelings within him?
(a) An old Betelgeusian battle hymn
(b) A tuneless melody that popped into Ford's head
(c) The first bar of Beethoven's Fifth
(d) The beginning of Auld Lang Syne
15. How many suns does Magrathea have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Zaphod's private brain care specialist?
2. Where does Arthur Dent work?
3. What will die in the next chapter?
4. What does the babel fish allow Aurthur to do?
5. What fantastic new industry was created?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)