|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Zaphod's private brain care specialist?
(a) Eccentrica Gallumbits
(b) Gag Halfrunt
(d) Glorm Boxtem
2. What is the name of the shipboard computer?
3. Why can Marvin not keep his mind off things?
(a) His programming does not allow it.
(b) He was badly made and has a lot of bugs in his system.
(c) He has an extremely large mind.
(d) There is nothing to distract him.
4. What is the significance of the location where the Heart of Gold picked up Ford and Arthur?
(a) There is a black hole there.
(b) It is the geographic center of the universe.
(c) It is the same sector where Zaphod picked up Trillian.
(d) It was the location where the Heart of Gold originates from.
5. Where does Marvin have a terrible pain?
(a) In his neural network
(b) In his pain processors
(c) In the diodes of his left side
(d) In his right knee joint
6. Why is Arthur Dent's house being demolished?
(a) To make way for a bypass
(b) It does not meet fire code.
(c) To clear the view for the owners of the expensive houses down the road
(d) To make room for a new condo development
7. What part of an Antarean parakeet is a revolting delicacy?
(a) The liver
(b) The gall bladder
(c) The gland
(d) The feet
8. What word describes the new personality of the computer?
9. What did scholars write about following the collapse?
(a) Planned political economy
(b) How poor scholars generally were following the collapse
(c) Metaphysical discourse
(d) New Neo-Liberalology
10. What ship rescues Ford and Arthur?
(a) A passing Teaser
(b) The Starship Heart of Gold
(c) The Space Trucker
(d) An interstellar freighter
11. What is Marvin's nickname?
(b) The Paranoid Android
(d) The Complain-o-matic
12. Where were Ford and Arthur picked up?
(a) Sector K4B Double J Zeta
(b) Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
(c) Sector LL8 Quadruple X Beta
(d) Sector XYZ Triple 3 Gamma
13. What rank of intelligence did humans have on Earth?
(a) Second most intelligent
(b) Least intelligent
(c) Third most intelligent
(d) The most intelligent
14. Which government owns the Starship Heart of Gold?
(a) Omicron VI
(b) The Sirius Cybernetics Empire
(c) No one owns it, it has been stolen.
(d) The Galactic Hyperspace Federation
15. What is written on the cover of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
(a) Front Cover
(b) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
(c) This End Up
(d) Don't Panic
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Arthur concerned about?
2. What is the result of the improbability sum?
3. Is this sort of thing going to happen every time the improbability drive is used?
4. What does Zaphod have a problem with?
5. What does the babel fish allow Aurthur to do?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)