|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Magrathea been dead for?
(a) Five million years
(b) Seven million years
(c) Ten million years
(d) A billion and a half years
2. How does Arthur save the ship?
(a) He turns on the Improbability Drive.
(b) He never really figures out exactly how he did it.
(c) He maneuvers the ship so that the missiles collide with an asteroid.
(d) He kicks the computer, engaging its guidance systems.
3. What does Arthur wish he listened to?
(a) More of Beethoven's music
(b) What his teachers told him about space
(c) The Vogon poem, because it may have had some clues about how to escape
(d) What his mother said when he was young
4. Resistance is...
5. Which character has something odd about him or her, like they are missing something?
6. Where does Marvin have a terrible pain?
(a) In his neural network
(b) In the diodes of his left side
(c) In his pain processors
(d) In his right knee joint
7. What are the Vogons going to do to Arthur and Ford?
(a) Put them in prison
(b) Throw them into space
(c) Return them to the Earth
(d) Vaporize them
8. After saying "Hi there!," the ship's computer prints out a ribbon of ticker tape. What does the tape say?
(a) "I want you to know that whatever your problem, I am here to help you solve it."
(b) "What can I do to help you?"
(c) A telephone number.
(d) The probability figure that Zaphod was about to ask it for.
9. What sits in a corner of the control cabin of the Starship Heart of Gold?
(a) A computer
(c) A bar
(d) A robot
10. Where were Ford and Arthur picked up?
(a) Sector XYZ Triple 3 Gamma
(b) Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
(c) Sector K4B Double J Zeta
(d) Sector LL8 Quadruple X Beta
11. The typical Vogon is...
12. Why can Marvin not keep his mind off things?
(a) His programming does not allow it.
(b) He has an extremely large mind.
(c) He was badly made and has a lot of bugs in his system.
(d) There is nothing to distract him.
13. Why did Trillian pick up hitchhikers?
(a) Zaphod told her to.
(b) She didn not; the ship picked them up all by itself.
(c) She was worried that they would die.
(d) She thought they would be useful as hostages.
14. What did Zaphod invent?
(a) The Infinite Improbability Drive
(b) The field of professional brain care
(c) The Gynnan-Tonix
(d) The Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster
15. What are the initials burned into Zaphod's brain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zaphod find?
2. What does the computer do as the missiles approach?
3. How many suns does Magrathea have?
4. What does Ford hum to the guard in an attempt to stir some feelings within him?
5. What is the job of the Intergalactic President?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)