|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a large red button say when Arthur presses it?
(a) Nothing at all.
2. What does Arthur say that saving everyone's lives was?
(b) His greatest achievement
(c) Really good thinking
(d) His way of saying thanks for rescuing Ford and himself from space
3. Where could Ford have more fun than Magrathea?
(a) A cat litter
(b) The dentist
(c) Back on the ship
4. What does the whale think might be a good friend, but is in fact not?
(a) The wind
(b) His tail
(c) The bowl of petunias
(d) The ground
5. Where were Ford and Arthur picked up?
(a) Sector XYZ Triple 3 Gamma
(b) Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
(c) Sector K4B Double J Zeta
(d) Sector LL8 Quadruple X Beta
6. What sits in a corner of the control cabin of the Starship Heart of Gold?
(a) A robot
(b) A computer
(d) A bar
7. How does Arthur save the ship?
(a) He never really figures out exactly how he did it.
(b) He maneuvers the ship so that the missiles collide with an asteroid.
(c) He kicks the computer, engaging its guidance systems.
(d) He turns on the Improbability Drive.
8. The typical Vogon is...
9. What does Ford start turning into?
(a) A madman with five heads
(c) An elderberry bush
(d) A penguin
10. What is written on the cover of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
(a) Don't Panic
(b) This End Up
(c) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
(d) Front Cover
11. How does Vogon poetry rank in the universe?
(a) Second best
(b) Third worst
(d) The very worst
12. What does Arthur wish he listened to?
(a) More of Beethoven's music
(b) The Vogon poem, because it may have had some clues about how to escape
(c) What his teachers told him about space
(d) What his mother said when he was young
13. How long can you survive in space with a lungful of air?
(a) Thirty seconds
(b) Five seconds
(c) As long as you can hold your breath
(d) A minute
14. What does Zaphod Beeblebrox do to the Heart of Gold?
(a) Christen it
(b) Make a speech about it
(c) Steal it
(d) Destroy it
15. What fantastic new industry was created?
(a) Custom constellations
(b) Custom planets
(c) Custom starships
(d) Customer service
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the babel fish allow Aurthur to do?
2. Who is Mr. Prosser a descendant of?
3. What ship rescues Ford and Arthur?
4. What is a good source of Brownian motion?
5. What is the planet Damogran home to?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)