|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Prosser a descendant of?
(a) Alexander the Great
(b) Ivan the Terrible
(c) Genghis Khan
(d) King Henry VIII
2. What is the last word the computer sings?
(a) "Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart."
(b) "At the end of the storm is a golden sky."
(c) "You'll never walk alone!"
(d) "Don't be afraid that death is nigh."
3. What do all the molecules of a hostess's underwear move in accordance with?
(a) The theory of interference
(b) The theory of gravitation
(c) The theory of relativity
(d) The theory of indeterminacy
4. What will die in the next chapter?
(a) A whale
(b) Seven rabbits
(c) Trillian's white mice
(d) One of the characters
5. Where does Marvin have a terrible pain?
(a) In the diodes of his left side
(b) In his pain processors
(c) In his neural network
(d) In his right knee joint
6. What colors are the Heart of Gold's interior after Arthur activates the Improbability Drive?
(a) Yellow and blue
(b) Purple and pinkish
(c) Green and blue
(d) Red and yellow
7. What did Zaphod call himself when he was on Earth?
8. What part of an Antarean parakeet is a revolting delicacy?
(a) The gland
(b) The feet
(c) The liver
(d) The gall bladder
9. What is the job of the Intergalactic President?
(a) To further the Empire and conquer the known universe
(b) To have a good time
(c) To draw attention away from power
(d) To wield power
10. Where does the ship go when the Improbability Drive is activated?
(a) Into the interior of the planet Magrathea
(b) It appears in orbit of the planet Damogran.
(c) Back to the smoking remains of the Earth
11. How long can you survive in space with a lungful of air?
(a) Five seconds
(b) A minute
(c) As long as you can hold your breath
(d) Thirty seconds
12. What fantastic new industry was created?
(a) Custom constellations
(b) Custom planets
(c) Customer service
(d) Custom starships
13. Which government owns the Starship Heart of Gold?
(a) Omicron VI
(b) The Galactic Hyperspace Federation
(c) No one owns it, it has been stolen.
(d) The Sirius Cybernetics Empire
14. What sits in a corner of the control cabin of the Starship Heart of Gold?
(a) A computer
(b) A robot
(c) A bar
15. Who was poor in the former Galactic Empire?
(a) Nobody worth speaking of
(b) Alpha Centaurians
(c) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. What play does an infinite number of monkeys write?
2. The typical Vogon is...
3. What escapes?
4. What are the Vogons going to do to Arthur and Ford?
5. What is the name of the shipboard computer?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)