|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saved Ford and Arthur?
(a) The Great Collapsing Hrung
(b) The Dentrassis
(d) The Vogons
2. What is the result of the improbability sum?
(a) Ten trillion billion to one
(b) Infinity minus one
(c) Two to the power of two hundred and seventy-six thousand, seven hundred and nine to one against
(d) Infinity squared
3. What was the home of this new industry?
(b) Alpha Centauri
(c) Sector ZZ9, plural Z Alpha
4. What is Marvin's nickname?
(b) The Complain-o-matic
(c) The Paranoid Android
5. What has Zaphod turned into an art form?
(c) Creative sarcasm
6. What day could Arthur never get the hang of?
7. What did Zaphod invent?
(a) The Gynnan-Tonix
(b) The Infinite Improbability Drive
(c) The Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster
(d) The field of professional brain care
8. How long has Magrathea been dead for?
(a) Five million years
(b) Ten million years
(c) Seven million years
(d) A billion and a half years
9. Where does Marvin have a terrible pain?
(a) In his pain processors
(b) In his neural network
(c) In his right knee joint
(d) In the diodes of his left side
10. What color are the seas exactly the wrong shade of?
11. Why do parents tell their children about the legend of Magrathea?
(a) They want them to grow up to become sociologists.
(b) They want them to grow up to become physical therapists.
(c) They want them to grow up to become psychologists.
(d) They want them to grow up to become economists.
12. What word describes the new personality of the computer?
13. What will die in the next chapter?
(a) Trillian's white mice
(b) One of the characters
(c) Seven rabbits
(d) A whale
14. After saying "Hi there!," the ship's computer prints out a ribbon of ticker tape. What does the tape say?
(a) "I want you to know that whatever your problem, I am here to help you solve it."
(b) The probability figure that Zaphod was about to ask it for.
(c) "What can I do to help you?"
(d) A telephone number.
15. The typical Vogon is...
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of the location where the Heart of Gold picked up Ford and Arthur?
2. What does Zaphod think about the ship computer?
3. What was life in the former Galactic Empire largely free of?
4. What are the Vogons going to do to Arthur and Ford?
5. What are the initials burned into Zaphod's brain?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)