|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the computer do as the missiles approach?
(a) Shut down
(c) Raise shields
(d) Take evasive action
2. What goes through the mind of the bowl of petunias?
(a) "Oh no, not again."
(b) "Why me?"
(d) "How can this be happening?"
3. What does Ford hum to the guard in an attempt to stir some feelings within him?
(a) The first bar of Beethoven's Fifth
(b) An old Betelgeusian battle hymn
(c) A tuneless melody that popped into Ford's head
(d) The beginning of Auld Lang Syne
4. What is the equivalent of saying "blood... blood" to a computer?
(a) Threatening to turn off the power
(c) Bad math
(d) Talking about using a slide rule
5. What are serious problems throughout the galaxy?
(a) Rage and uncontrollable anger
(b) Stress and nervous tension
(c) Cancer, and untied shoelaces
(d) Unbridled enthusiasm for danger
Short Answer Questions
1. What frightens Arthur in the aircar?
2. What is the job of the Intergalactic President?
3. Where were Ford and Arthur picked up?
4. What does Arthur wish he listened to?
5. After saying "Hi there!," the ship's computer prints out a ribbon of ticker tape. What does the tape say?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)