|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Arthur so excited to be on Magrathea?
(a) The drink he got from the machine has made his brain a little strange.
(b) He has never been to an alien planet before.
(c) He has a great design for a planet that he wants to show the Magratheans.
(d) He has always believed the legend.
2. What is the significance of Arthur's feelings of paranoia?
(a) Probably none whatsoever
(b) It means that there is a fundamental type of evil existing in the universe.
(c) It comes from his psychic link to Zaphod Beeblebrox.
(d) It means that the universe has great plans for him.
3. What does Arthur wish he listened to?
(a) What his mother said when he was young
(b) The Vogon poem, because it may have had some clues about how to escape
(c) More of Beethoven's music
(d) What his teachers told him about space
4. What reason does the old man give for the missiles that nearly destroyed the Heart of Gold?
(a) The computers are bored.
(b) The old regime was a little paranoid.
(c) The ship is stolen, and there is a bounty on it.
(d) They needed to get rid of some missiles.
5. What fantastic new industry was created?
(a) Custom starships
(b) Custom planets
(c) Customer service
(d) Custom constellations
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Slartibartfast rather be than right?
2. What does Ford start turning into?
3. Resistance is...
4. What did scholars write about following the collapse?
5. What is the significance of the location where the Heart of Gold picked up Ford and Arthur?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)