|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ford hum to the guard in an attempt to stir some feelings within him?
(a) An old Betelgeusian battle hymn
(b) The first bar of Beethoven's Fifth
(c) The beginning of Auld Lang Syne
(d) A tuneless melody that popped into Ford's head
2. What is Trillian's only link with Earth?
(a) Her cat
(b) A digital watch
3. What is the last word the computer sings?
(a) "Don't be afraid that death is nigh."
(b) "Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart."
(c) "You'll never walk alone!"
(d) "At the end of the storm is a golden sky."
4. How long will it take Deep Thought to figure out the answer to life, the universe, and everything?
(a) Six thousand, three hundred years
(b) Eight and a quarter billion years
(c) Seventeen days and four hours
(d) Seven and a half million years
5. Which character has something odd about him or her, like they are missing something?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the old man give for the missiles that nearly destroyed the Heart of Gold?
2. What is being built in Magrathea's factory?
3. What does Arthur wish he listened to?
4. How long can you survive in space with a lungful of air?
5. What word describes the new personality of the computer?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)