|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the computer do as the missiles approach?
(a) Raise shields
(b) Shut down
(c) Take evasive action
2. After saying "Hi there!," the ship's computer prints out a ribbon of ticker tape. What does the tape say?
(a) A telephone number.
(b) The probability figure that Zaphod was about to ask it for.
(c) "I want you to know that whatever your problem, I am here to help you solve it."
(d) "What can I do to help you?"
3. What does Ford hum to the guard in an attempt to stir some feelings within him?
(a) A tuneless melody that popped into Ford's head
(b) The beginning of Auld Lang Syne
(c) The first bar of Beethoven's Fifth
(d) An old Betelgeusian battle hymn
4. What is Zaphod good at?
5. What is Trillian's only link with Earth?
(a) A digital watch
(d) Her cat
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the old man give for the missiles that nearly destroyed the Heart of Gold?
2. What word describes the new personality of the computer?
3. What is Arthur concerned about?
4. What would Slartibartfast rather be than right?
5. What does the old man unsuccessfully try to do to Arthur?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)