|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the old man give for the missiles that nearly destroyed the Heart of Gold?
(a) The old regime was a little paranoid.
(b) The computers are bored.
(c) The ship is stolen, and there is a bounty on it.
(d) They needed to get rid of some missiles.
2. What does Ford hum to the guard in an attempt to stir some feelings within him?
(a) The beginning of Auld Lang Syne
(b) An old Betelgeusian battle hymn
(c) A tuneless melody that popped into Ford's head
(d) The first bar of Beethoven's Fifth
3. What is the significance of the location where the Heart of Gold picked up Ford and Arthur?
(a) It is the geographic center of the universe.
(b) It is the same sector where Zaphod picked up Trillian.
(c) There is a black hole there.
(d) It was the location where the Heart of Gold originates from.
4. What escapes?
(b) Trillian's pet mice
(c) The ghosts of planet Magrathea
(d) The sperm whale
5. What word describes the new personality of the computer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was poor in the former Galactic Empire?
2. What was life in the former Galactic Empire largely free of?
3. What is the old man's name?
4. What color are the seas exactly the wrong shade of?
5. Resistance is...
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)