Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
* Arthur Dent wakes up with a hangover, and discovers a team of bulldozers poised to demolish his house.
* Arthur's friend, Ford Prefect, arrives and arranges for Arthur to accompany him to the local pub.
* Ford reveals that he is an alien, and that the world is about to end.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
* Arthur's house is demolished, while a Vogon Constructor Fleet arrives to demolish the Earth.
* Zaphod Beeblebrox, the Galactic President, steals the Starship Heart of Gold.
Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
* Arthur and Ford awake on one of the Vogon ships after having hitched a ride.
* Arthur is introduced to the babel fish, which allows him to understand alien languages.
* Arthur reads some of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and the Vogons discover the location of Ford and Arthur.
Chapter 7 | Chapter 8
* Arthur and Ford are subjected to a Vogon poetry reading and thrown into space.
* The Guide explains...
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)