Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
• Arthur Dent wakes up with a hangover, and discovers a team of bulldozers poised to demolish his house.
• Arthur's friend, Ford Prefect, arrives and arranges for Arthur to accompany him to the local pub.
• Ford reveals that he is an alien, and that the world is about to end.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
• Arthur's house is demolished, while a Vogon Constructor Fleet arrives to demolish the Earth.
• Zaphod Beeblebrox, the Galactic President, steals the Starship Heart of Gold.
Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
• Arthur and Ford awake on one of the Vogon ships after having hitched a ride.
• Arthur is introduced to the babel fish, which allows him to understand alien languages.
• Arthur reads some of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and the Vogons discover the location of Ford and Arthur.
Chapter 7 | Chapter 8
• Arthur and Ford are subjected to a Vogon poetry reading and thrown into space.
• The Guide explains...
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)