|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which film features a scene with a crop dusting plane?
(a) North by Northwest.
(b) The Man Who Knew Too Much.
(c) Torn Curtain.
(d) The Paradine Case.
2. What was common to the actors sent by casting when Hitchcock was searching for someone to play an ambassador?
(a) They were all English.
(b) They were all balding.
(c) They were all slightly overweight.
(d) They all had little beards.
3. How did Hitchcock feel about casting departments when it came time to cast for his films?
4. Why was Hitchcock attracted to filming "Rear Window"?
(a) The story intrigued him.
(b) It was a technically challenging production.
(c) The studio offered him a big budget for the film.
(d) He liked working with the actors involved.
5. Why did changes have to be made to the "Vertigo" script before filming?
(a) To make it appeal to a younger audience.
(b) To make it work for the big screen.
(c) To make it more accessible for international audiences.
(d) To set it in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the plot of "I Confess"?
2. One morning, what did Hitchcock tell Truffaut likely disturbed his sleep the night before?
3. What did Hitchcock sacrifice for the sake of veracity in "The Wrong Man"?
4. Why did Truffaut consider "Rope" a milestone in Hitchcock's career?
5. What do some people refer to Hitchcock as an expert of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hitchcock believe the audience failed to understand about "I Confess"?
2. What did Truffaut cite as an example of absurdity in Hitchcock's films?
3. What did Truffaut reveal that the book "Vertigo" was based on?
4. How did Hitchcock approach filming romantic scenes?
5. What did Hitchcock and writer Ben Hecht spend a lot of time choosing for the film "Notorious"?
6. What was wrong with the last five reels of the film "Rope", which caused Hitchcock to re-shoot them?
7. What intrigued Hitchcock about making films?
8. What did Hitchcock's memorization of scripts stop him from doing?
9. Under which circumstance did Hitchcock say he would not have filmed "The Birds"?
10. What did Hitchcock believe inspired people to view his films many times?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)