|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were many scenarios for the "Notorious" 'MacGuffin' cast aside?
(a) The producer disliked them.
(b) They were too implausible.
(c) They were too simple.
(d) They were overly complex.
2. Who did the character Norman have conversations with in "Psycho"?
(a) The hotel's groundskeeper.
(b) His own reflection.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) His mother.
3. Which film features a scene with a crop dusting plane?
(a) The Man Who Knew Too Much.
(b) North by Northwest.
(c) The Paradine Case.
(d) Torn Curtain.
4. While shooting the birds, a farmer told Hitchcock about crows dive-bombing which of his animals?
(a) His cows.
(b) His lambs.
(c) His chickens.
(d) His horse.
5. How did Hitchcock say he needed his surroundings to be?
(a) Buzzing with activity.
(b) Calm and orderly.
(d) Completely silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the filming of "Notorious", what was a minor crew member sent to scout in Beverly Hills?
2. Which emotion did Truffaut say was easily transferred to film?
3. How many reels of "Rope" film had to be re-shot due to Hitchcock's problem with the ending?
4. Under which circumstance did Hitchcock say he would not have filmed "The Birds"?
5. One morning, what did Hitchcock tell Truffaut likely disturbed his sleep the night before?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hitchcock explain filming in color as being potentially problematic?
2. What inspired the Norman Bates storyline in "Psycho"?
3. What did Truffaut say would have improved the opening scene of "Psycho"?
4. What did Truffaut cite as an example of absurdity in Hitchcock's films?
5. For which film did Hitchcock break his rule of not improvising, and what was the effect?
6. What did Hitchcock and writer Ben Hecht spend a lot of time choosing for the film "Notorious"?
7. Was there a connection between Hitchcock's religious upbringing and the film "I Confess"?
8. What did Truffaut reveal that the book "Vertigo" was based on?
9. What did Hitchcock believe the audience failed to understand about "I Confess"?
10. How was the opening scene of "Psycho" designed with the audience in mind?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)