|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hitchcock feel about casting departments when it came time to cast for his films?
2. Who did Hitchcock prefer to cast in sexually-themed stories?
(a) Fiesty redheads.
(b) Sophisticated blonds.
(c) Raven-haired beauties.
(d) Mysterious brunettes.
3. In "The Wrong Man", what establishment did the true thief try to rob, which led to his arrest?
(a) A salon.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A delicatessen.
(d) A bank.
4. With "The Wrong Man", what aspect of the film is Hitchcock said to have gone out of his way to ensure rang true?
(a) The settings of the scenes.
(b) The feelings that the film evoked.
(c) The American dialect the characters spoke with.
(d) The resemblance of the characters to their real life counterparts.
5. Who wrote the novel, "The Birds"?
(a) D. H. Lawrence.
(b) Anya Seton.
(c) Daphne du Maurier.
(d) George Orwell.
6. What did a story that a farmer told Hitchcock about crows inspire in "The Birds"?
(a) A scene where a bird gouged out a man's eyes.
(b) A shot of a rooftop covered in hundreds of crows.
(c) For the pigeons in the script to be replaced with crows.
(d) A scene where a bird attacked a dog.
7. In "The Wrong Man", what was the occupation of the man accused of robbery?
(d) House painter.
8. Which studio bought the rights and reissued "Rope"?
(d) Warner Brothers.
9. What did Hitchcock say about the frequency of his dreaming?
(a) He had several vivid dreams every night.
(b) He did not dream often.
(c) He never dreamed.
(d) He dreamed once or twice a week.
10. Which film features a scene with a crop dusting plane?
(a) The Man Who Knew Too Much.
(b) North by Northwest.
(c) The Paradine Case.
(d) Torn Curtain.
11. What was the producer of "Notorious" unfamiliar with, which eventually led to the film being made with another studio?
(a) The concept of a MacGuffin.
(b) The cost of building sets.
(c) European politics.
(d) Atom bombs.
12. What kind of dreams did Hitchcock say he didn't have?
(a) Dreams in color.
(b) Erotic dreams.
(c) Lucid dreams.
13. Why were many scenarios for the "Notorious" 'MacGuffin' cast aside?
(a) They were too simple.
(b) The producer disliked them.
(c) They were too implausible.
(d) They were overly complex.
14. Which member of Hitchcock's family made an appearance in "Strangers on a Train"?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
15. What complaint did Hitchcock have about the original script for "Spellbound"?
(a) It was almost identical to another film he had made.
(b) It could only appeal to children.
(c) It wasn't tight enough.
(d) The dialogue included offensive language.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many reels of "Rope" film had to be re-shot due to Hitchcock's problem with the ending?
2. Who starred in "Rear Window"?
3. Why was Hitchcock attracted to filming "Rear Window"?
4. What was "The Wrong Man" based on?
5. Under which circumstance did Hitchcock say he would not have filmed "The Birds"?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)