|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Useppe hear, which he thinks is saying "It's a joke"?
(a) A cat.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bird.
2. After venturing to the empty Ghetto, Ida dreams of searching for what object?
(a) A shoe.
(b) A ring.
(c) A watch.
(d) A music box.
3. Due to widespread hunger, Ida's paycheck is no longer enough to buy what basic food item?
(a) Olive oil.
4. Ida gets a job, in 1944, teaching Italian to soldiers from what country?
(c) The United States.
(d) South Africa.
5. How does Useppe respond when the doctor won't let him take the animal out of its cage?
(a) He throws the cage.
(b) He kicks the doctor.
(c) He cries.
(d) He scratches himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Davide, who was the ultimate anarchist?
2. What is the name of Nino's second dog?
3. Which American president died in 1945?
4. What happens to Bella after Useppe's death?
5. How many of the thousand Jews who left Tiburtina returned in 1945?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Hitler in 1945?
2. What does Davide say about Jesus, during his tavern lecture?
3. What happens to Ida after Useppe's death?
4. What relationship develops between Bella and Useppe in 1947?
5. How does Useppe die?
6. What is revealed, during Davide's speech, about his feelings for the bourgeoisie and anarchy?
7. How do Useppe and Ida react when the Allied forces enter Rome in 1944?
8. What health problem does Useppe develop in 1946, and how does he respond?
9. What does Davide do, immediately after the war ends?
10. How is Nino killed?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)