|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nino tell his girlfriend about his and Useppe's fathers?
(a) His father is Chinese, and Useppe's is a Sheik.
(b) His father is a soldier, and Useppe's is a philosopher.
(c) His father is a Sheik, and Useppe's is a Chinese Mandarin.
(d) His father is a philosopher, and Useppe's is a soldier.
2. A pact was formed, in 1947, between which two entities?
(a) The Vatican and the Nazi party.
(b) The Fascist Italian regime and the Vatican.
(c) The Nazi party and the USSR.
(d) The USSR and the Fascist Italian regime.
3. Which American president died in 1945?
4. How old is Scimo?
5. The trial in Nuremberg ended with how many death sentences for war criminals?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Useppe utter, when he has a strange flash of memory?
2. Where is Davide Segre's family home?
3. How does Useppe react to the Allied soldiers' arrival in Rome?
4. After venturing to the empty Ghetto, Ida dreams of searching for what object?
5. Why isn't Davide afraid of ghosts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Scimo?
2. How is Nino killed?
3. How does Nino's outlook on life change after the end of the war?
4. What happens to Hitler in 1945?
5. What does Davide say about Jesus, during his tavern lecture?
6. What relationship develops between Bella and Useppe in 1947?
7. What is Nino's situation, in 1944?
8. How do Useppe and Ida react when the Allied forces enter Rome in 1944?
9. How do Useppe's feelings about newspapers change in 1945?
10. How does Useppe die?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)