|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country was abandoned by its King and government leaders in 1943?
2. Who arrives with a message for Carlo Vivaldi, during one of his nights at the shelter?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A German soldier.
(c) A rabbi.
(d) A monk.
3. As a baby, where does Useppe spend most of his time?
(a) Isolated in his mother's apartment.
(b) At daycare with other Aryan children.
(c) Running errands with his brother.
(d) Playing outdoors by himself.
4. Who was the Italian leader, appointed by the King, in 1943?
(c) Il Duce.
5. How many siblings does Ida have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ida's parents raised her to be what religion?
2. Who is "The Thousand"?
3. Who is Rosella?
4. How old is Ida Mancuso when she is introduced?
5. What country was invaded by Italy in 1941?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening to the Jews in the ghetto, in 1941?
2. What happens when Gunther goes into Remo's in the first chapter?
3. What is Carlo's stance on violence and politics, in 1943?
4. How does Useppe sometimes affect Nino's mood?
5. What is the general worldwide trend in the war, according to the history presented in 1943?
6. What happens when the monk arrives at the shelter?
7. What was the Italian Racial Law?
8. How does Useppe respond when he is left alone by Ida as a baby?
9. What important object does Nino lose in 1942?
10. What changes come over Nino, in 1942?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)