|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Civilians and cities in Europe were destroyed by what types of bombing?
(c) Nuclear bombing.
(d) Carpet bombing.
2. What is the name of Nino's girlfriend, in late 1943?
3. Why doesn't Ida tell Nino about her pregnancy?
(a) Because she doesn't think he'll understand.
(b) Because she feels that it is none of his business.
(c) Because she doesn't think he will believe her.
(d) Because she doesn't want to tell him how it happened.
4. How does Giuseppe die?
(c) Old age.
5. What nation did Italy and Germany cooperatively attack, in 1941?
(d) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Gunther from?
2. What happens to Filomena's pet rabbit?
3. What does Ida do, regarding her deceased mother's Jewish heritage, in Chapter 3?
4. What health problem plagued Ida as a child?
5. What is Ida able to do, as a result of the money she finds in Eppetondo's mattress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carlo tell Nino about his past, when they first meet?
2. What does Nino do for his little brother when Useppe is very young?
3. Why does Nino quit school?
4. How does Ida respond when she learns that she is pregnant with Useppe?
5. Who is Signora DiSegni?
6. How is Ida Mancuso described, at the beginning of Chapter 2?
7. What is happening to the Jews in the ghetto, in 1941?
8. What was the situation of the Jews in 1938?
9. Who is Carulina?
10. How do Nino and Ida react to the air raid sirens in Rome, beginning in 1941?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)