|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year are Jews excluded from business and employment?
2. Why doesn't Ida tell Nino about her pregnancy?
(a) Because she doesn't want to tell him how it happened.
(b) Because she doesn't think he'll understand.
(c) Because she feels that it is none of his business.
(d) Because she doesn't think he will believe her.
3. What happened to Carlo's family, which made him suddenly so angry and violent?
(a) They were sent to a concentration camp.
(b) They were killed.
(c) They were deported.
(d) They were enlisted in the German military.
4. What is the name of Nino's girlfriend, in late 1943?
5. As a baby, where does Useppe spend most of his time?
(a) At daycare with other Aryan children.
(b) Running errands with his brother.
(c) Isolated in his mother's apartment.
(d) Playing outdoors by himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ida able to do, as a result of the money she finds in Eppetondo's mattress?
2. In what city did the failed assassination attempt against Hitler take place?
3. How does Gunther feel about his upcoming trip?
4. Ida's parents raised her to be what religion?
5. How many siblings does Ida have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the monk arrives at the shelter?
2. How does Italy's government change in 1943?
3. Who is Signora DiSegni?
4. Why does Nino quit school?
5. How does Ida respond to the air raid sirens, beginning in 1943?
6. What happens when Gunther goes into Remo's in the first chapter?
7. What changes come over Nino, in 1942?
8. What is happening to the Jews in the ghetto, in 1941?
9. How is Ida Mancuso described, at the beginning of Chapter 2?
10. How does Useppe sometimes affect Nino's mood?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)