|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which gift symbolizes the bourgeoisie for Davide?
(b) A silver spoon.
(c) A red rose.
(d) A necktie.
2. Why isn't Davide afraid of ghosts?
(a) Because they don't answer, even when they are called.
(b) Because he talks to them regularly.
(c) Because he believes that they cannot harm him, as his faith protects him.
(d) Because he doesn't believe in them.
3. From what medical condition does Useppe begin to suffer in 1946?
4. Where does Davide deliver his lecture in 1947?
(a) A college.
(b) His home.
(c) A military barracks.
(d) A tavern.
5. Useppe's doctor wants Useppe to look at what caged animal?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A rat.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A hamster.
6. According to Davide, who was the ultimate anarchist?
7. Ida refuses to allow the doctor to perform what test on Useppe?
(a) An EEG.
(b) An MRI.
(c) A CAT scan.
(d) An EKG.
8. How old is Scimo?
9. What does Useppe ask his mother not to tell Nino?
(a) That Useppe hates dogs.
(b) That Useppe isn't doing well in school.
(c) That Useppe and Ida are homeless.
(d) That Useppe had a seizure.
10. What item do Ida and Useppe acquire in 1947?
(a) A house.
(b) A telephone.
(c) A television.
(d) A radio.
11. What is the name of Nino's second dog?
12. Which American president took over in 1945?
13. Davide tells Nino that, someday, he wants to do what?
(a) Start a business.
(b) Travel the world.
(c) Write a book.
(d) Own his own home.
14. What does Davide recall about the face of the man he killed?
(a) It was surprised.
(b) It was peaceful.
(c) It was agonized.
(d) It was childlike.
15. What special item does Ida buy for Useppe in 1946?
(a) A television.
(b) A radio.
(c) A new coat.
(d) New boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Davide drink the wine Useppe brings to him?
2. What type of food does Useppe buy for himself and Bella during one of their adventures in the city?
3. How does the family servant feel about Nino in 1945?
4. After venturing to the empty Ghetto, Ida dreams of searching for what object?
5. Which is NOT a newly-changed characteristic of Nino, when he visits Ida in 1944?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)