|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Due to widespread hunger, Ida's paycheck is no longer enough to buy what basic food item?
(a) Olive oil.
2. According to Davide, who was the ultimate anarchist?
3. Where does Ida spend the last nine years of her life?
(a) In a nursing home.
(b) In an asylum.
(c) With a relative.
(d) In her apartment.
4. Scimo admits, to Useppe, that he escaped from what?
(a) A sanitarium.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A kidnapping.
(d) A reformatory.
5. How does Davide die?
(a) He is killed in a robbery.
(b) He has a stroke.
(c) He is beaten to death.
(d) He overdoses on drugs.
6. The trial in Nuremberg ended with how many death sentences for war criminals?
7. Why does Nino move back into Ida's home in 1946?
(a) He is caring for Ida while she is sick.
(b) He can no longer afford to pay his rent.
(c) He is hiding from his enemies.
(d) He has a fight with his landlord.
8. How does Useppe respond when the doctor won't let him take the animal out of its cage?
(a) He kicks the doctor.
(b) He scratches himself.
(c) He cries.
(d) He throws the cage.
9. What is not a condition from which Useppe is suffering in 1946?
(a) He is small for his age.
(b) He is pale and weak.
(c) He has an intestinal parasite.
(d) He wakes up every night with nightmares.
10. How old is Scimo?
11. Davide becomes addicted to what substance?
12. Ida gets a job, in 1944, teaching Italian to soldiers from what country?
(b) The United States.
(d) South Africa.
13. What does Ida eat, in order to save food for her son?
14. Where was Segre's family killed during the war?
15. Nino is very proud of what possession in 1946?
(a) A color television.
(b) A nice car.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) An expensive radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Davide Segre's family home?
2. From where does Nino send Ida a postcard, in late 1944?
3. Which American president took over in 1945?
4. Why does Ida allow Useppe to wander freely with Bella?
5. From what medical condition does Useppe begin to suffer in 1946?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)