|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what purposes did Germans overtake some of the buildings in Rome?
(a) To store supplies in them.
(b) To house the troops.
(c) To quarantine the Jews.
(d) To turn them into torture chambers.
2. Where is Davide Segre's family home?
3. What does Davide recall about the face of the man he killed?
(a) It was surprised.
(b) It was peaceful.
(c) It was childlike.
(d) It was agonized.
4. Who is Ninuccia?
(a) Patrizia's baby.
(b) Nino's half-sister.
(c) Ida's niece.
(d) Useppe's imaginary friend.
5. Davide tells Nino that, someday, he wants to do what?
(a) Own his own home.
(b) Write a book.
(c) Travel the world.
(d) Start a business.
6. Why doesn't Davide drink the wine Useppe brings to him?
(a) Because wine gives him a headache.
(b) Because he is allergic to grapes.
(c) Because he is high on drugs and can't mix the two.
(d) Because he is already drunk.
7. What happens to Bella after Useppe's death?
(a) She becomes a stray.
(b) She is adopted by another family.
(c) She is kept by Ida.
(d) She is euthanized.
8. Scimo tells Useppe that he is too little to accompany Scimo where?
(a) To a brothel.
(b) On a ship.
(c) To the movies.
(d) To the store.
9. Why does Nino respect Davide?
(a) For his service to his country and people.
(b) For his courage and bravery.
(c) For his cunning and street-smarts.
(d) For his thinking and philosophizing.
10. How does Bella save Useppe's life?
(a) She keeps him from drowning.
(b) She brings him his medicine.
(c) She pulls him from a burning building.
(d) She attacks a would-be kidnapper.
11. According to Davide, who was the ultimate anarchist?
12. How does Davide feel about God?
(a) He is angry at God, and does everything he can to make God angry.
(b) He doesn't give much thought to the question of religion, and doesn't care if God exists or not.
(c) He hopes that God doesn't exist.
(d) He wonders why God lets bad things happen.
13. What does Ida eat, in order to save food for her son?
14. Ida refuses to allow the doctor to perform what test on Useppe?
(a) An EEG.
(b) A CAT scan.
(c) An MRI.
(d) An EKG.
15. Who was not one of the world leaders that met after World War II to define the peace and new boundaries?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT a newly-changed characteristic of Nino, when he visits Ida in 1944?
2. Where does Davide deliver his lecture in 1947?
3. Why does Ida allow Useppe to wander freely with Bella?
4. What does Nino tell his girlfriend about his and Useppe's fathers?
5. What is the name of Nino's second dog?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)