|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ida stash her life savings during the air raids?
(a) Behind her stove.
(b) In a hole in the wall.
(c) In her corset.
(d) In her mattress.
2. What law outlines the rules regarding Jews reporting their status to the census?
(a) Racial Separation Law.
(b) Census Violation Law.
(c) Italian Racial Law.
(d) Hebrew Reporting Law.
3. What name does Carlo Vivaldi assume, once he becomes a revolutionary?
(a) Ace of Hearts.
4. What is Ida's profession?
(c) School teacher.
5. Civilians and cities in Europe were destroyed by what types of bombing?
(a) Carpet bombing.
(c) Nuclear bombing.
6. What happens to Filomena's pet rabbit?
(a) It is eaten.
(b) It dies of starvation.
(c) It freezes to death.
(d) It is traded for canned food.
7. How does Alfio die?
(a) Heart attack.
8. What is Useppe's greatest pleasure, as a baby?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Playing with his favorite toy.
(c) Going outside.
(d) Seeing his big brother.
9. What country was devastated by attacks in 1941 as a result of its refusal to ally with Germany?
(c) The Czech Republic.
10. What health problem plagued Ida as a child?
(b) Ear infections.
11. What does Ida name her second son?
12. How does Carlo respond when encouraged to join the armed revolution?
(a) He states that violence is against his ideals.
(b) He quietly and composedly agrees to go with them.
(c) He gets excited, and decides to join them.
(d) He politely declines without stating his reasons.
13. In 1943, Italy's leader proclaimed the end of what political system in Italy?
14. In what year did World War I end?
15. In early 1944, what news does Ida get regarding Nino and Carlo?
(a) No one has heard from them, and their fate is unknown.
(b) They are fine, but no longer in the area.
(c) They are fine, and still nearby.
(d) They have been killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gunther's profession?
2. Who is not one of the political figures who the Italian Jews feel will protect them, in Chapter 3?
3. How does Useppe react to the girl that Nino brings home?
4. What city was liberated in 1943, at the cost of 630,000 lives?
5. Who is Alfio?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)