|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rosella?
(a) Nino's girlfriend.
(b) Ida's friend.
(c) Useppe's dog.
(d) Giuseppe's cat.
2. Where does Ida go to mingle with Jews?
(a) The slums.
(b) The Jewish Quarter.
(c) The Ghetto.
(d) The Boroughs.
3. What does Ida begin doing when the air raid alarms go off, in 1943?
(a) She ignores them, believing nothing will happen.
(b) She hides only when they go off at night.
(c) She takes Useppe and runs to the basement.
(d) She runs and hides only if she hears a plane.
4. Ida lives as a member of what race, in Chapter 3?
5. The period from 1900 to 1905 marked the beginning of what?
(a) The United Nations.
(b) The Geneva Convention.
(c) The atomic century.
(d) World War I.
6. As a baby, where does Useppe spend most of his time?
(a) Isolated in his mother's apartment.
(b) At daycare with other Aryan children.
(c) Running errands with his brother.
(d) Playing outdoors by himself.
7. What happens to Filomena's pet rabbit?
(a) It freezes to death.
(b) It is traded for canned food.
(c) It dies of starvation.
(d) It is eaten.
8. What name does Carlo Vivaldi assume, once he becomes a revolutionary?
(c) Ace of Hearts.
9. Where does Ida stash her life savings during the air raids?
(a) In her mattress.
(b) In a hole in the wall.
(c) Behind her stove.
(d) In her corset.
10. In what year did World War I end?
11. How does Useppe try to help Filomena's father?
(a) By giving him wine.
(b) By keeping him warm.
(c) By fluffing his pillows.
(d) By bringing him extra food.
12. What happens to the Duce's son-in-law, in January of 1944?
(a) He is executed.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He is taken prisoner.
(d) He flees the country.
13. What was the cause of death for the patriarch of the family from Genzano?
(b) Liver failure.
(d) Heart attack.
14. What is changing about Nino's behavior, in 1942?
(a) He is becoming more militant.
(b) He is refusing to go to school or work.
(c) He is working as many hours as he can to stay away from home.
(d) He is visiting his mother and brother more often.
15. How old is Ida Mancuso when she is introduced?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ninuzzu?
2. What does the drunken German soldier do to Ida?
3. What can Nino do, which Ida cannot?
4. Who arrives with a message for Carlo Vivaldi, during one of his nights at the shelter?
5. What vice did Ida's father have?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)