|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives with a message for Carlo Vivaldi, during one of his nights at the shelter?
(a) A German soldier.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A rabbi.
(d) A monk.
2. Nino's friend Quattropunte is named for his skill with what?
(a) Four-letter words.
(b) Four-sided dice.
(c) Four-sided nails.
(d) Four-wheeled vehicles.
3. Who is Rosella?
(a) Nino's girlfriend.
(b) Giuseppe's cat.
(c) Ida's friend.
(d) Useppe's dog.
4. What physical condition does Ida pretend to have, to cover up her second pregnancy?
5. How old is Ninuzzu in Chapter 3?
6. How does Gunther feel about his upcoming trip?
(c) Excited and scared.
7. Chiang Kai-Shek was made the commander of Allied troops in what country, in 1942?
8. Ida lives as a member of what race, in Chapter 3?
9. What is changing about Nino's behavior, in 1942?
(a) He is visiting his mother and brother more often.
(b) He is refusing to go to school or work.
(c) He is working as many hours as he can to stay away from home.
(d) He is becoming more militant.
10. How many women were working in the United States in 1943, as a result of the war?
(a) 4 million.
(b) 6 million.
(c) 8 million.
(d) 2 million.
11. What can Nino do, which Ida cannot?
(a) Go to school.
(c) Travel freely in the city.
(d) Get a job.
12. What was Quattropunto's real name?
13. What problem does Useppe experience as a small child?
(a) He has a speech impediment.
(b) He is only able to eat a small variety of foods.
(c) He is prone to violent outbursts.
(d) He is unable to walk.
14. What vice did Ida's father have?
(a) He was an alcoholic.
(b) He was perpetually lazy and unemployed.
(c) He was a womanizer.
(d) He was a gambling addict.
15. Why does Nino ignore the alarms and sirens going off in the city?
(a) Because he doesn't understand what they mean.
(b) Because he thinks the stories of what is happening to the Jews are exagerrated.
(c) Because he thinks they are only drills.
(d) Because he feels sure that Rome is safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlo Vivaldi often practice?
2. What does Carlo do after hearing the message brought to him in the night?
3. Why doesn't Ida tell Nino about her pregnancy?
4. What law outlines the rules regarding Jews reporting their status to the census?
5. In Chapter 1, the author briefly discusses the discoveries pertaining to what?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)