1. In Chapter 1, the author briefly discusses the discoveries pertaining to what?
The structure of matter.
2. The period from 1900 to 1905 marked the beginning of what?
The atomic century.
3. In what year did World War I begin?
4. In what year did World War I end?
5. How many casualties were incurred by the end of World War I?
6. What is Gunther's profession?
7. Of what nationality is Gunther?
8. What year is it, in the novel, when Gunther is introduced?
9. Where is Gunther from?
10. When Gunther is introduced, he is anticipating a trip to where?
11. How does Gunther feel about his upcoming trip?
Excited and scared.
This section contains 4,229 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)