|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1943-10, 1944 January - December, and 1944-1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it, in the novel, when Gunther is introduced?
2. What did Ida's mother, Nora, change about her name?
(a) The hyphen.
(b) The accent mark.
(c) The spelling.
(d) The number of letters in her name.
3. Italy's colonies in Africa were attacked by what country, in 1941?
(b) The United States.
4. Why is Carlo useless as a fighter?
(a) He can't control his temper.
(b) He doesn't know enough about the techniques.
(c) He drinks too much.
(d) He is afraid of everything.
5. Who arrives with a message for Carlo Vivaldi, during one of his nights at the shelter?
(a) A rabbi.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A monk.
(d) A German soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was not one of the three world leaders to meet at the summit in Teheran?
2. What does Ida give Nino, which is a symbol of freedom to him?
3. What keeps Giuseppe out of the war?
4. What does Carlo Vivaldi often practice?
5. What country was abandoned by its King and government leaders in 1943?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)