|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1943 - 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ida allow Ninuzzu to have a dog?
(a) Because she wants him to stay at home.
(b) Because she feels guilty about her second son.
(c) Because she thinks it will help his behavioral problems.
(d) Because she is afraid of what he will do if she says no.
2. As a baby, where does Useppe spend most of his time?
(a) At daycare with other Aryan children.
(b) Running errands with his brother.
(c) Isolated in his mother's apartment.
(d) Playing outdoors by himself.
3. What physical condition does Ida pretend to have, to cover up her second pregnancy?
4. What happened to Mussolini in late 1943?
(a) He was arrested.
(b) He was overthrown.
(c) He was executed.
(d) He was taken prisoner.
5. What does Ida give Nino, which is a symbol of freedom to him?
(a) A brochure for a new school.
(b) His own key to the house.
(c) Permission to get a job.
(d) His own car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem did the Italian Expeditionary Corps face, in 1942?
2. What nation did Italy and Germany cooperatively attack, in 1941?
3. Chiang Kai-Shek was made the commander of Allied troops in what country, in 1942?
4. What conference was held for the purposes of "racial planning"?
5. What does Nino promise to Useppe, but fails to deliver?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)