|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1941 - 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Alfio?
(a) Nora's uncle.
(b) Ida's husband.
(c) Ida's brother-in-law.
(d) Giuseppe's brother.
2. What year is it, in the novel, when Gunther is introduced?
3. Where does Nora die?
(a) In a concentration camp.
(b) In her home.
(c) Fleeing toward the sea.
(d) In the Jewish ghetto.
4. How does Gunther feel about his upcoming trip?
(b) Excited and scared.
5. Why does Ida allow Ninuzzu to have a dog?
(a) Because she feels guilty about her second son.
(b) Because she is afraid of what he will do if she says no.
(c) Because she wants him to stay at home.
(d) Because she thinks it will help his behavioral problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ida's parents raised her to be what religion?
2. Who is not one of the political figures who the Italian Jews feel will protect them, in Chapter 3?
3. What physical condition does Ida pretend to have, to cover up her second pregnancy?
4. What does the drunken German soldier do to Ida?
5. What does Ida give Nino, which is a symbol of freedom to him?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)