|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1943 - 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not one of the political figures who the Italian Jews feel will protect them, in Chapter 3?
(b) Their rabbis.
(d) The Pope.
2. How old is Ida Mancuso when she is introduced?
3. What does Ida begin doing when the air raid alarms go off, in 1943?
(a) She hides only when they go off at night.
(b) She takes Useppe and runs to the basement.
(c) She runs and hides only if she hears a plane.
(d) She ignores them, believing nothing will happen.
4. In what year are Jews excluded from business and employment?
5. Why doesn't Ida tell Nino about her pregnancy?
(a) Because she doesn't want to tell him how it happened.
(b) Because she doesn't think he'll understand.
(c) Because she feels that it is none of his business.
(d) Because she doesn't think he will believe her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Italy's colonies in Africa were attacked by what country, in 1941?
2. Ida lives as a member of what race, in Chapter 3?
3. Who brings Ida startling news of atrocities being committed against Jews?
4. Ida's parents raised her to be what religion?
5. Who is Ninuzzu?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)