|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1943 - 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ida's mother, Nora, change about her name?
(a) The spelling.
(b) The hyphen.
(c) The number of letters in her name.
(d) The accent mark.
2. What does Ida name her second son?
3. Where was the Nazi-Fascist Republic of Salo formed in 1943?
(a) Western Germany.
(b) Southern Italy.
(c) Northern Italy.
(d) Eastern Germany.
4. Why doesn't Ida tell Nino about her pregnancy?
(a) Because she doesn't think he'll understand.
(b) Because she doesn't want to tell him how it happened.
(c) Because she feels that it is none of his business.
(d) Because she doesn't think he will believe her.
5. Why does Ida allow Ninuzzu to have a dog?
(a) Because she is afraid of what he will do if she says no.
(b) Because she feels guilty about her second son.
(c) Because she wants him to stay at home.
(d) Because she thinks it will help his behavioral problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ida begin doing when the air raid alarms go off, in 1943?
2. Italy's colonies in Africa were attacked by what country, in 1941?
3. What country was devastated by attacks in 1941 as a result of its refusal to ally with Germany?
4. What does Ida give Nino, which is a symbol of freedom to him?
5. Who was the Italian leader, appointed by the King, in 1943?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)