|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1946 - 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nino move back into Ida's home in 1946?
(a) He can no longer afford to pay his rent.
(b) He has a fight with his landlord.
(c) He is caring for Ida while she is sick.
(d) He is hiding from his enemies.
2. In 1943, Italy's leader proclaimed the end of what political system in Italy?
3. What city was liberated in 1943, at the cost of 630,000 lives?
(d) Hong Kong.
4. Why is Ida anxious about seeing Signora DiSegni?
(a) DiSegni had threatened to get Useppe taken away from Ida.
(b) DiSegni has the power to get Ida a job, and help her keep it.
(c) DiSegni is now a member of the German army.
(d) Ida had confessed her Jewish heritage to DiSegni.
5. What is Ida able to do, as a result of the money she finds in Eppetondo's mattress?
(a) Move herself and Useppe to a rented room.
(b) Pay others to help her with Useppe.
(c) Stock up on food and trade goods.
(d) Buy Useppe new clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what medical condition does Useppe begin to suffer in 1946?
2. Where was the Nazi-Fascist Republic of Salo formed in 1943?
3. What does Nino do, in 1943, which devastates Ida?
4. What special item does Ida buy for Useppe in 1946?
5. Who was not one of the three world leaders to meet at the summit in Teheran?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)