|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Panic Grass and Feverfew.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, why does Mr. Tanimoto run back to a hillock in the rayon man's garden?
(a) He wants to help more wounded people.
(b) He wants to hide in a better area.
(c) He wants to find his friends.
(d) He wants to get a view of Hiroshima.
2. What is Mrs. Halsuyo Nakamura's profession?
(a) She is a nurse.
(b) She is a teacher.
(c) She is a dental assistant.
(d) She is a tailor.
3. Almost no one in Hiroshima recalls...
(a) Having heard any noise of the bomb.
(b) Having heard the all clear sounding.
(c) Having heard any sirens warning of the bomb hours prior to the bombing.
(d) Having heard people calling to be rescued.
4. How does Mr. Tarimoto react when he sees his wife?
(a) He weeps and expresses how worried he'd been about them.
(b) He says, "Oh, you are safe."
(c) He embraces her and their baby.
(d) He is horrified by the sight of her wounds.
5. Once Mrs. Nakamura takes her children out into the street, what does she worry about?
(a) Her children being sick.
(b) Her children being hot.
(c) Her children being cold.
(d) Her children being tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the six survivors in Hiroshima, who John Hersey writes about, still wonder?
2. What do the Japanese call the B-29?
3. After the bombing, at the Red Cross Hospital, Dr. Sasaki is...
4. When a roar of approaching planes is heard at Asano Park, the baker commands people to take off garments having what color?
5. What does the doctor tell Father Kleinsorge at the hospital?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)