|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Panic Grass and Feverfew.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prior to the bombing, what happens to Hiroshima's population?
(a) It is reduced due to several evacuation programs.
(b) It suffers poverty due to the war.
(c) It becomes absent of many professionals who flee the city.
(d) It is increased to help clear the fire lanes.
2. What is Miss Toshinki doing when the bomb drops?
(a) She has just approached her boss to ask for a raise.
(b) She has just turned her head to chat with the girl at the next desk.
(c) She has just grabbed a cup of coffee and is heading towards her desk.
(d) She has just lifted some papers off her desk.
3. In Chapter 3, what happens in Hiroshima that causes more devastation?
(a) Another air raid.
(b) A flood.
(c) A great fire.
(d) An earthquake.
4. What do Japanese scientists announce after having investigated Hiroshima?
(a) They announce that the radiation measurement is so high, people need to stay away from the city for at least 30 days.
(b) They announce that people could enter Hiroshima without any peril at all.
(c) The announce that they need to do much more intense investigation to learn whether or not Hiroshima is safe.
(d) They announce that people could enter Hiroshima at their own risk.
5. Who is the person Miss Sasaki thinks about while in the hospital?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her fiance.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, after the bombing, why does Mr. Tanimoto run towards the city when everyone else is running out?
2. What is Dr. Terufumi Sasaki doing when the bomb drops?
3. On August 18th, what does Father Kleinsorge begin to feel as he walks halfway from the center of town?
4. What is Miss Sasaki's neighbor at the factory mistaken about?
5. Prior to the bombing, why is Hiroshima an inviting target?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)