|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Panic Grass and Feverfew.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On August 15, who publicly speaks for the first time in Japanese history over the radio?
(a) The American president.
(b) Hirohito, the Emperor Tenno.
(c) The prime minister of Japan.
(d) The president of Japan.
2. How do the Nakamura children react during the night at Asano Park?
(a) They are interested in everything that happens.
(b) They cough and vomit throughout the night.
(c) They cry throughout the night.
(d) They are frightnened by what is happening.
3. In Chapter 3, when Mr. Tanimoto reaches down to the river and takes a woman by the hand, what sickens him so much that he has to sit down?
(a) Her hands are as hard as clay.
(b) Her skin slips off in huge, glovelike pieces.
(c) He hears her joints disconnecting from each other.
(d) Her bones break through her skin.
4. After the bombing, what two feeling predominate the citizens of Hiroshima for the Americans?
(a) Indifference and hatred.
(b) Wonderment and disgust.
(c) Jealousy and resentment.
(d) Compassion and frustration.
5. A year after the bomb is dropped, Miss Sasaki is...
(b) A cripple.
(c) In a deep depression.
(d) A happy woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Mrs. Nakamura a few weeks after the bombing?
2. In Chapter 2, after the bombing, why does Mr. Tanimoto run towards the city when everyone else is running out?
3. On August 18th, what does Father Kleinsorge use his suitcase for?
4. What is Dr. Terufumi Sasaki doing when the bomb drops?
5. To the Japanese, what is a greater moral responsibility than adequate care of the living?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)