|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Aftermath.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one feeling the survivors of Hiroshima share?
(a) The hope that everything will one day be better.
(b) The feeling of elated community spirit.
(c) The hatred for Americans.
(d) The desire to assist other atomic bomb victims.
2. What does Mrs. Nakamura do as soon as everything turns white?
(a) She turns towards her children.
(b) She runs outside.
(c) She kneels down and covers her head.
(d) She hides beneath the bed.
3. In 1951, what is the good luck that comes to the Nakamura family?
(a) They receive a large sum of inheritance.
(b) They are all completely cured of their ailments.
(c) The mother and oldest son find high-paying jobs.
(d) They become eligable to move into a better home.
4. When is the second bomb dropped on Nagasaki?
(a) October 9th.
(b) September 4th.
(c) August 9th.
(d) November 11th.
5. In 1949, Miss Sasaki takes courses at Oitu University and passes an examination that qualifies her to work as...
(a) A high school teacher.
(b) An elementary school teacher.
(c) A music teacher.
(d) A nursery school teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the employers develop against the survivors of the atomic bomb?
2. Mr. Tanimoto carries water from the river to the people, an act which...
3. What is Mr. Hatsuyo Nakamura doing when the bomb drops?
4. Mrs. Nakamura dresses her children in everything except for...
5. Where does Mrs. Nakamura and her children go to after leaving the park?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)