|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Aftermath.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before his death, who does Father Kleinsorge strike a relationship with?
(a) A nun who comes to assist him with his work.
(b) A woman hired as the cook.
(c) A nurse from the hospital.
(d) A doctor from the hospital.
2. Why does Mr. Tanimoto visit the United States?
(a) He wants to make people aware of the damage caused by the atomic bomb.
(b) He wants to spread the word about peace.
(c) He wants to raise money to restore his church.
(d) He is transferred there.
3. What marks Mrs. Nakamura as the lowest and saddest moment of her whole life?
(a) Losing her youngest child.
(b) Selling her sewing maching.
(c) Having to beg for food.
(d) Not having anything to eat for days.
4. What it something Dr. Fujii feel despite the misery all around him?
(a) He is afraid that he lost all his wealth.
(b) He is positive that most of the wounded will survive.
(c) He wishes he wasn't a doctor so he wouldn't have to attend to anyone.
(d) He is ashamed of his appearance.
5. Before the bomb falls, what does everyone in Hiroshima expect to suffer?
(a) The atomic bomb.
(b) A hydrogen bomb.
(c) Poison gas.
(d) Massive B-29 raids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Reverend Mr. Kiyoshi Tanimoto doing when the bomb drops?
2. What does Dr. Sasaki decide to do in 1951?
3. How do the Nakamura children react during the night at Asano Park?
4. What does Miss Sasaki's profession permit her to do?
5. Mostly, what food is brought back from the shelter for the wounded?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)