|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Aftermath.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the employers develop against the survivors of the atomic bomb?
2. What do the people attribute their sickness of nausea and vomiting to?
(a) The food they'd eaten.
(b) Gas the Americans dropped.
(c) The terrible smell of the bomb.
(d) The water they'd drank.
3. What do the Japanese call the B-29?
(a) Mr. 29.
(b) Mr. B-29.
(c) Mr. Bomb.
(d) Mr. B.
4. What is Miss Sasaki's neighbor at the factory mistaken about?
(a) She thinks no one will come save them.
(b) She thinks it's safer to stay put.
(c) She thinks her back is broken.
(d) She thinks she will bleed to death.
5. Why is it several days before the survivors of Hiroshima know about the bomb dropped on Hiroshima?
(a) The Emperor requests that it be so.
(b) The Japanese government wants to first better understand what is going on.
(c) Japanese newspapers and radio fear the country will experience an uncontrollable hysteria if they hear of the bomb.
(d) Japanese newspapers and radio are extremely cautious on the subject of the weapon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons that people pour into Asano Park?
2. In Chapter 2, the author writes that most people in Hiroshima were too busy or too weary or too badly hurt to do what?
3. What does Dr. Fujii offer the Jesuit when they find him at eleven o'clock in the morning?
4. Much of Dr. Sasaki's work as a surgeon at the Red Cross Hospital in the next 5 years is in...
5. What does Mrs. Nakamura do as soon as everything turns white?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)