|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Aftermath.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the atomic bomb survivors eventually entitled to?
(a) Health books that give them access to free medical treatment.
(b) Low-income housing.
(c) Bank books that give them a hundred dollars a month.
(d) An education book that gives them to free schooling.
2. What does Dr. Fujii do in 1956?
(a) He takes the so-called Hiroshima Maidens to Germany for treatment.
(b) He retires from his medical field.
(c) He is sent to New York with 25 handicapped girls.
(d) He opens a clinic to operate plastic surgery for the so-called Hiroshima maidens.
3. Why does Toshio, Nakamura's son, have to get a job?
(a) His mother is no longer able to work.
(b) He needs to earn money to attend high school.
(c) He wants to save up for a new sewing maching for his mother.
(d) He needs to help his mother with the bills.
4. Where does Dr. Fujii work?
(a) He works at a local clinic.
(b) He operates a family-owned clinic.
(c) He works at Hiroshima Hospital.
(d) He operates a private hospital.
5. What happens to the climate in Asano Park?
(a) A sandstorm rips through the park.
(b) Rain smelling like gas starts pouring down.
(c) A whirlwind rips through the park.
(d) Snow begins to fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Tarimoto react when he sees his wife?
2. What is a Molotov flower basket?
3. What nationality is Father Wilhelm Kleinsorge?
4. What does "hibakusha" mean?
5. What happens to Mrs. Nakamura a few weeks after the bombing?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)