|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Fujii have to get up early on the morning the bomb is dropped?
(a) He has to see a houseguest off on a train.
(b) He has to tend to newcoming patients.
(c) He has to pack his belongings in preparation to go to the shelter.
(d) He has to make breakfast for his children.
2. What falls on Miss Sasaki's legs after the bomb drops?
(a) An office desk.
(b) A bookcase.
(c) A statue.
(d) A table.
3. After the explosion, what does Father Kleinsorge run around in?
(a) His pajamas.
(b) His underwear.
(c) A heavy coat.
(d) His bathrobe.
4. Why does the Jesuit's mission house remain standing after the bombing?
(a) It used to be a shelter.
(b) Its concrete was extroardinarily thick.
(c) No one knows.
(d) It was braced and double braced.
5. In Chapter 2, why does Mr. Tanimoto run back to a hillock in the rayon man's garden?
(a) He wants to find his friends.
(b) He wants to hide in a better area.
(c) He wants to help more wounded people.
(d) He wants to get a view of Hiroshima.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mostly, what food is brought back from the shelter for the wounded?
2. Why does Miss Toshiko Sasaki wake up at three A.M. the morning the bomb is dropped?
3. What is Dr. Terufumi Sasaki doing when the bomb drops?
4. What did Mrs. Nakamura's deceased husband do for a living?
5. What does Dr. Terufumi Sasaki do without a permit?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)