|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Mrs. Nakamura takes her children out into the street, what does she worry about?
(a) Her children being sick.
(b) Her children being tired.
(c) Her children being hot.
(d) Her children being cold.
2. What do the six survivors in Hiroshima, who John Hersey writes about, still wonder?
(a) They wonder why they lived while so many others died.
(b) They wonder if their lives will ever be normal again.
(c) They wonder whether the atomic bomb will ever be used again.
(d) They wonder why the Americnas used such a bomb on them.
3. For more than a month, Dr. Sasaki works...
(a) Without having any glasses.
(b) With a badly injured leg.
(c) With a badly injured arm.
(d) Wearing someone else's glasses.
4. Why does Dr. Fujii have to get up early on the morning the bomb is dropped?
(a) He has to see a houseguest off on a train.
(b) He has to pack his belongings in preparation to go to the shelter.
(c) He has to make breakfast for his children.
(d) He has to tend to newcoming patients.
5. What does NOT happen to the people at Asano Park?
(a) They die.
(b) They vomit.
(c) They have serious burns.
(d) Their hair falls off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the 20-year-old woman doing when Mr. Tanimoto sees her?
2. What did those who were burnt beg for?
3. Who helps Mrs. Nakamura free the children?
4. Mostly, what food is brought back from the shelter for the wounded?
5. Mr. Tanimoto carries water from the river to the people, an act which...
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)