|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Panic Grass and Feverfew.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Tanimoto take from the five dead men in the river?
(a) He takes their boat.
(b) He takes their wallets.
(c) He takes their glasses.
(d) He takes their food.
2. Prior to the bombing, why is Hiroshima an inviting target?
(a) It is the most populated city in Japan.
(b) It is one of the most important military command and communications centers in Japan.
(c) It is in the center of Japan.
(d) It is the largest city in Japan.
3. What happens to Dr. Sasaki about seven months after the bombing?
(a) He leaves the Red Cross Hospital.
(b) He is bedridden for one month.
(c) He gets married.
(d) He loses 60 pounds.
4. Who helps Mrs. Nakamura free the children?
(a) Mr. Tarimoto.
(b) Dr. Sasaki.
(c) She frees them herself.
(d) Her neighbor.
5. On August 7th, what radio broadcast announcement do the Japanese make?
(a) "The bomb used by the Americans had two thousand times the blast power of the British Grand Slam, which is the largest bomb yet used in the history of wartime."
(b) "It is believed that a new type of bomb was used on Hiroshima. The details are being investigated."
(c) "The bomb has left few survivors."
(d) "The bomb used by the Americans had more power than twenty thousand tons of TNT."
Short Answer Questions
1. To the Japanese, what is a greater moral responsibility than adequate care of the living?
2. What is the condition of one of the wounded people lying beside Miss Sasaki?
3. Who eventually comes looking for Miss Sasaki and finds her?
4. When a roar of approaching planes is heard at Asano Park, the baker commands people to take off garments having what color?
5. On August 18th, what does Father Kleinsorge use his suitcase for?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)