|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Much-Afraid think when she saw the waterfall coming from the High Places?
2. What did the Shepherd do when Much-Afraid sang Sorrow's song?
3. As they walked through the mist, what did Much-Afraid finally do so she would not have to listen to the taunts from her family?
4. What did Much-Afraid see on the altar the morning after her offering?
5. What happened when Much-Afraid called upon the Shepherd to help her removed the need for human love from her heart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Much-Afraid got out of the rocky pool she had bathed in?
2. What happened when Much-Afraid thought about throwing away all her memory stones?
3. As Much-Afraid and her companions started through the Forests of Danger and Tribulations, what did Much-Afraid do when her enemy, Craven Fear, tormented her about the impending storm?
4. What was Much-Afraid saying to herself when she thought about the next unknown she was about to face as she went through the Valley of Loss?
5. How fitting was the new name the King gave Much-Afraid?
6. What did Grace and Glory start to think about when she realized she could look down and see her old home from the High Places?
7. While in the Valley of Loss, Much-Afraid was extremely frightened and felt as though she was looking down into the abyss of horror. What did she say when the Shepherd came to her?
8. What did the Shepherd show Much-Afraid after they took the chairs to the top of another mountain?
9. Before Much-Afraid was anointed, what happened to the Shepherd?
10. When Much-Afraid awakened after sacrificing the need for human love that had been growing in her heart, what did she find?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between the natural need for human love and the plant of love that were growing inside Much-Afraid?
Essay Topic 2
Read the songs of Canticles (Cant.) written in the novel. Pick out your favorite and break it down into smaller verses and explain what it meant to Much-Afraid or the situation that she faced at that moment.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 15, "The Floods", Much-Afraid is so frustrated she considers throwing away her memory stones. As she looks at them, what are the lessons she remembers from each stone?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)