|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Much-Afraid wonder at the end of Chapter 13, as she thought about what had happened so far and what was going to happen next?
2. What happened when Much-Afraid called upon the Shepherd to help her removed the need for human love from her heart?
3. What warning did the Shepherd give Much-Afraid and her companions before they continued their journey through the Forest of Danger and Tribulation?
4. When Much-Afraid called upon the Shepherd in the Valley of Loss what did she ask him to do?
5. What else did Much Afraid notice about herself after she got out of the pool of water where she had bathed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the King tell Grace and Glory when she spoke to him about the feelings she was having about her family?
2. What was Much-Afraid saying to herself when she thought about the next unknown she was about to face as she went through the Valley of Loss?
3. After getting soaked from the storm, and walking around in the heavy mist, what weakness did the Fearling clan target when they made their next verbal attack on Much-Afraid and her companions?
4. Before Much-Afraid was anointed, what happened to the Shepherd?
5. While in the Valley of Loss, Much-Afraid was extremely frightened and felt as though she was looking down into the abyss of horror. What did she say when the Shepherd came to her?
6. What happened when Much-Afraid got out of the rocky pool she had bathed in?
7. How did Much-Afraid feel when she heard the next part of her journey was through the Forests of Danger and Tribulations?
8. What did Grace and Glory start to think about when she realized she could look down and see her old home from the High Places?
9. What did the Shepherd show Much-Afraid after they took the chairs to the top of another mountain?
10. What did the Shepherd say when he came to Much-Afraid in the cabin where she and her companions took refuge from the floods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the story, Sorrow and Suffering were twins. Why did the writer make them twins? In what way do Sorrow and Suffering go together? What does their description tell you about them?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 15, "The Floods", Much-Afraid is so frustrated she considers throwing away her memory stones. As she looks at them, what are the lessons she remembers from each stone?
Essay Topic 3
How does one give up their will? Use several examples from the story and compare them to real life.
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)