|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first thing Much-Afraid felt after getting out of the water where she bathed after awakening in the cave?
2. After getting drenched in the pouring rain, where did Much-Afraid and her companions rest for the night?
3. What else did Much Afraid notice about herself after she got out of the pool of water where she had bathed?
4. What could Grace and Glory see from the edge of the High Places?
5. Who was standing behind the altar Much-Afraid and the twin sisters found in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. While in the Valley of Loss, Much-Afraid was extremely frightened and felt as though she was looking down into the abyss of horror. What did she say when the Shepherd came to her?
2. Before Much-Afraid was anointed, what happened to the Shepherd?
3. What happened when Much-Afraid got out of the rocky pool she had bathed in?
4. What did the Shepherd say when he came to Much-Afraid in the cabin where she and her companions took refuge from the floods?
5. When Much-Afraid awakened after sacrificing the need for human love that had been growing in her heart, what did she find?
6. What did the King tell Grace and Glory when she spoke to him about the feelings she was having about her family?
7. Why was the place Grace and Glory, Joy, and Peace went to with the King called the "Beginner's Slopes?"
8. After getting soaked from the storm, and walking around in the heavy mist, what weakness did the Fearling clan target when they made their next verbal attack on Much-Afraid and her companions?
9. When did Much-Afraid realize she finally had hinds' feet?
10. How did Much-Afraid feel when she heard the next part of her journey was through the Forests of Danger and Tribulations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Read the songs of Canticles (Cant.) written in the novel. Pick out your favorite and break it down into smaller verses and explain what it meant to Much-Afraid or the situation that she faced at that moment.
Essay Topic 2
What do the altars in the novel represent? How do they relate to people in real life?
Essay Topic 3
Besides her deformities, what were Much-Afraid's biggest struggles? How did she overcome them? When she could not overcome then what did she do?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)