|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days passed before Much-Afraid and the twins reached the place where the Shepherd had told Much-Afraid He wanted her to go?
2. As they walked through the mist, what did Much-Afraid finally do so she would not have to listen to the taunts from her family?
(a) She threw more stones.
(b) She sang.
(c) She stuffed more cotton in her ears.
(d) She yelled at them.
3. When the Shepherd came to Much-Afraid in the cabin what did He ask her to do?
(a) He asked her to offer the natural need for human love growing inside her heart as a burnt offering.
(b) He asked her to trim the plant of love growing in her heart and burn the branches on an altar.
(c) He asked her to offer herself as a burnt offering.
(d) He asked her to offer her heart as an offering.
4. At the end of the story, what did Grace and Glory realize after telling the King of Love what she wanted to do?
(a) That no one leaves the Kingdom of Love.
(b) That she was not allowed to ever leave the High Places.
(c) That it was all part of His plan to bring more people to the High Places.
(d) That she had to be careful if she want back down to the Valley of Humiliation.
5. On Much-Afraid's third day after her transformation, what did she discover?
(a) That she was a good swimmer.
(b) That she could leap like a hind.
(c) That she was getting tired from all her exercise.
(d) That she was getting bored all alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could Grace and Glory see from the edge of the High Places?
2. What did Much-Afraid think when she saw the waterfall coming from the High Places?
3. What happened to the stones Much-Afraid had collected?
4. What was the first thing Much-Afraid and her companions realized while in the Kingdom of Love?
5. What did Much-Afraid and her companions face as the mist cleared from the mountain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Grace and Glory start to think about when she realized she could look down and see her old home from the High Places?
2. While in the Valley of Loss, Much-Afraid was extremely frightened and felt as though she was looking down into the abyss of horror. What did she say when the Shepherd came to her?
3. What happened when Much-Afraid thought about throwing away all her memory stones?
4. What did the King tell Grace and Glory when she spoke to him about the feelings she was having about her family?
5. When Much-Afraid could not remove the need for human love growing in her heart herself, what did she ask the priest do do?
6. After getting soaked from the storm, and walking around in the heavy mist, what weakness did the Fearling clan target when they made their next verbal attack on Much-Afraid and her companions?
7. What was Much-Afraid saying to herself when she thought about the next unknown she was about to face as she went through the Valley of Loss?
8. How did Much-Afraid feel when she heard the next part of her journey was through the Forests of Danger and Tribulations?
9. How fitting was the new name the King gave Much-Afraid?
10. As Much-Afraid and her companions started through the Forests of Danger and Tribulations, what did Much-Afraid do when her enemy, Craven Fear, tormented her about the impending storm?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)