|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Shepherd do for Much-Afraid after he meets her on the peak where she has leaped with the hinds' feet?
(a) He gives her the new name Grace and Glory.
(b) He gives her a beautiful mansion.
(c) He proposes to her.
(d) He gives her the new name Grace and Love.
2. When the Shepherd came to Much-Afraid in the cabin what did He ask her to do?
(a) He asked her to offer her heart as an offering.
(b) He asked her to trim the plant of love growing in her heart and burn the branches on an altar.
(c) He asked her to offer herself as a burnt offering.
(d) He asked her to offer the natural need for human love growing inside her heart as a burnt offering.
3. What surprises were ahead for Much-Afraid after she spoke to the Shepherd in the Valley of Loss?
(a) She woke up and realized it was all a dream.
(b) Her companions carried her for the difficult parts, so her trip was easy.
(c) The ascent was not nearly as difficult as she expected, and the valley was quite a restful place.
(d) She had hinds' feet that helped her make the trip.
4. What was the third lesson Much-Afraid learned on her journey to the High Places?
(a) That the Shepherd never lied.
(b) That she could do anything if she tried.
(c) That the Shepherd never saw her as lame or weak, but always treated her as though she was special.
(d) That she was better than her Fearling relatives.
5. After the Shepherd reassured Much-Afraid, He was with her during her journey through the Forest of Danger and Tribulation, she built another altar. What did she say after building it?
(a) "For thou are not a man that thou shouldest lie, nor the Son of man that thou shoudest repent."
(b) "Yea, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me."
(c) All are correct.
(d) "Hast thou said, and shalt though not do it? And hast though spoken and shalt though not make it good?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Much-Afraid do when her five enemies kept saying bad things to her along the trail in the Forest of Danger and Tribulation?
2. After coming out of the mist and finding the Shepherd, what did Much-Afraid admit about her feelings toward her companions?
3. Much-Afraid and her companions were about to head trough the Forests of Danger and Tribulation, but before they left, what did the Shepherd remind them?
4. What happened when Much-Afraid called upon the Shepherd to help her removed the need for human love from her heart?
5. What were the new names given to Suffering and Sorrow?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Much-Afraid, Sorrow, and Suffering finally got to a graveyard-like setting, they were repulsed by the scene. When they came upon the deep canyon, what did they do?
2. How did the King explain the alphabet of Love and what it meant to Grace and Glory now that she was changed?
3. What happened when Much-Afraid got out of the rocky pool she had bathed in?
4. How did Much-Afraid react when the Shepherd suggested in Chapter 12 that he really might deceive her?
5. As Much-Afraid and her companions started through the Forests of Danger and Tribulations, what did Much-Afraid do when her enemy, Craven Fear, tormented her about the impending storm?
6. What did Grace and Glory start to think about when she realized she could look down and see her old home from the High Places?
7. When did Much-Afraid realize she finally had hinds' feet?
8. Why was the place Grace and Glory, Joy, and Peace went to with the King called the "Beginner's Slopes?"
9. How did Much-Afraid feel when she heard the next part of her journey was through the Forests of Danger and Tribulations?
10. When Much-Afraid could not remove the need for human love growing in her heart herself, what did she ask the priest do do?
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)