|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was growing in Much-Afraid's heart?
(a) The Rose of Sharon.
(b) The Red Flower.
(c) The Flower of Love.
(d) The Golden Flower.
2. At the end of the story, what did Grace and Glory realize after telling the King of Love what she wanted to do?
(a) That it was all part of His plan to bring more people to the High Places.
(b) That no one leaves the Kingdom of Love.
(c) That she had to be careful if she want back down to the Valley of Humiliation.
(d) That she was not allowed to ever leave the High Places.
3. Who was the King of Love, and how did he anoint Much-Afraid?
(a) The King of Love is the Shepherd's father and he baptized her in the water.
(b) No one knows who the King of Love really is, but he anointed her with oil.
(c) The Shepherd transformed into the King of Love and took a burning coal and touched it to her lips.
(d) The Shepherd is the King of Love and he baptized her by standing with her beneath the waterfalls.
4. What did Much-Afraid wonder at the end of Chapter 13, as she thought about what had happened so far and what was going to happen next?
(a) What the Shepherd planned next and if it would hurt.
(b) She wondered if she was crazy to do all this.
(c) She wondered if she was ever going to get to the High Places.
(d) She wondered if the Shepherd was crazy and had tricked her.
5. Much-Afraid and her companions were about to head trough the Forests of Danger and Tribulation, but before they left, what did the Shepherd remind them?
(a) They had to hurry and get to shelter before the storm.
(b) The path was narrow and one of them might not make it.
(c) That while following the path of his will, nothing can do they any real harm.
(d) There were many trees, but light would shine through to show the way.
6. What happened to the stones Much-Afraid had collected?
(a) She lost them on the trail.
(b) They turned into gems the Shepherd put in her crown.
(c) They turned into gems for many rings to wear.
(d) They were made into a crown for her to wear.
7. As Much-Afraid waited for the storms and floods to stop, what did she think about doing?
(a) Giving the memory stones to the Shepherd so he'd stop the rain.
(b) Sharing the memory stones with Sorrow and Suffering.
(c) Making a necklace out of the memory stones.
(d) Throwing the memory stones away.
8. What did Much-Afraid realize after spending time in the cabin with her companions?
(a) She hated storms.
(b) She had cabin fever.
(c) That she felt joy and pleasure in the company of the twin sisters.
(d) She wanted to return to the Valley of Humiliation.
9. What was the third lesson Much-Afraid learned on her journey to the High Places?
(a) That she could do anything if she tried.
(b) That she was better than her Fearling relatives.
(c) That the Shepherd never saw her as lame or weak, but always treated her as though she was special.
(d) That the Shepherd never lied.
10. How many days passed before Much-Afraid and the twins reached the place where the Shepherd had told Much-Afraid He wanted her to go?
11. What does the Shepherd do for Much-Afraid after he meets her on the peak where she has leaped with the hinds' feet?
(a) He gives her the new name Grace and Glory.
(b) He gives her the new name Grace and Love.
(c) He proposes to her.
(d) He gives her a beautiful mansion.
12. After getting drenched in the pouring rain, where did Much-Afraid and her companions rest for the night?
(a) In a cave.
(b) They didn't rest.
(c) In a tent.
(d) In a log cabin.
13. What was the first thing Much-Afraid noticed about her body after she got out of the pool of water where she had bathed?
(a) She had lost weight on the journey.
(b) She was taller.
(c) She had straight feet.
(d) She was all red from the cold water.
14. What was in the valley where the King of Love took Grace and Glory and her companions?
(a) A home with many rooms, surrounded by every luxury imaginable.
(b) It was filled with beautiful gardens with every flower, herb, and spice imaginable.
(c) A castle that was built just for them.
(d) A giant pool with servents to care for them.
15. What else did Much Afraid notice about herself after she got out of the pool of water where she had bathed?
(a) She was alone.
(b) She couldn't sleep.
(c) Her face was no longer ugly and twisted.
(d) She was hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first thing Much-Afraid felt after getting out of the water where she bathed after awakening in the cave?
2. When Much-Afraid called upon the Shepherd in the Valley of Loss what did she ask him to do?
3. In Chapter 14, how did the Shepherd say Much-Afraid would find her way as she continued on her journey?
4. What was the second lesson Much-Afraid learned on her journey to the High Places?
5. When Much-Afraid and her companions got to the place on the mountain where the Shepherd had directed Much-Afraid to go, what did they find?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)