|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was in the valley where the King of Love took Grace and Glory and her companions?
(a) A giant pool with servents to care for them.
(b) A castle that was built just for them.
(c) A home with many rooms, surrounded by every luxury imaginable.
(d) It was filled with beautiful gardens with every flower, herb, and spice imaginable.
2. Who was standing behind the altar Much-Afraid and the twin sisters found in Chapter 16?
(a) A robed figure.
(b) An indistinct figure.
(c) A tall man.
(d) A woman in a robe.
3. What did Much-Afraid and her companions face as the mist cleared from the mountain?
(a) Their path was a steep decline into a valley, then back up an ascent that was higher and steeper than the Precipice of Injury.
(b) The Fearlings were blocking their path to move forward.
(c) There was a village and a place to rest.
(d) They faced the end of the path and didn't know which way to go.
4. On Much-Afraid's third day after her transformation, what did she discover?
(a) That she could leap like a hind.
(b) That she was getting tired from all her exercise.
(c) That she was a good swimmer.
(d) That she was getting bored all alone.
5. After Much-Afraid and her companions came out of the mist and found the Shepherd, He took Much-Afraid off alone and asked her what?
(a) He asked if she would ever change her mind and return to the Valley of Humiliation.
(b) He asked if she would die for him.
(c) He asked if she would trust him even if she everything seemed like he was deceiving her.
(d) He asked if she would make the rest of the trip alone for him.
6. Where were Much-Afraid, the twins and the Shepherd when they got to the top of the second mountain?
(a) They were in an emply field.
(b) The Kingdom of Love.
(c) A beautiful villa with colorful gardents.
(d) They were in the borderland of the High Places.
7. What does the Shepherd do for Much-Afraid after he meets her on the peak where she has leaped with the hinds' feet?
(a) He proposes to her.
(b) He gives her the new name Grace and Glory.
(c) He gives her a beautiful mansion.
(d) He gives her the new name Grace and Love.
8. What were Much-Afraid's words when she looked at the ashes of the plant from her heart?
(a) "I did it for you, Shepherd."
(b) "Peace to all who givith all."
(c) "It is finished."
(d) "Finally I can rest."
9. What happened as Much-Afraid and the twin sisters wandered around in the mist?
(a) They made mud pies.
(b) Once again the Fearlings hurled verbal attacks on them.
(c) They got stuck in the mud.
(d) They lost their sense of direction.
10. When Much-Afraid and her companions got to the place on the mountain where the Shepherd had directed Much-Afraid to go, what did they find?
(a) A small hole in the ground.
(b) A deep grave.
(c) A canyon as deep as the Grand Canyon.
(d) A wide gravelike canyon.
11. After the Shepherd reassured Much-Afraid, He was with her during her journey through the Forest of Danger and Tribulation, she built another altar. What did she say after building it?
(a) All are correct.
(b) "For thou are not a man that thou shouldest lie, nor the Son of man that thou shoudest repent."
(c) "Hast thou said, and shalt though not do it? And hast though spoken and shalt though not make it good?"
(d) "Yea, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me."
12. In Chapter 14, how did the Shepherd say Much-Afraid would find her way as she continued on her journey?
(a) She should carefully follow the map he was giving her.
(b) She would hear a voice behind her telling her which way to go.
(c) She would find signs along the way.
(d) Sorrow and Suffering knew the way and lead her.
13. What did Much-Afraid think when she saw the waterfall coming from the High Places?
(a) It was beautiful and terrible.
(b) It was frightening.
(c) It was cold and foreboding.
(d) It was like any other waterfall.
14. When Much-Afraid called upon the Shepherd in the Valley of Loss what did she ask him to do?
(a) To skip the rest of the journey and take her to the High Places right away.
(b) To help her do exactly what he asked and not turn away.
(c) To join her and her companions.
(d) To take her back to the Valley of Humiliation.
15. Where in the High Places, or Kingdom of Love, were Much-Afraid and the twins for the next several weeks?
(a) The top of the Kingdom.
(b) They were all over the Kingdom.
(c) The lowest part.
(d) The middle of the realm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days passed before Much-Afraid and the twins reached the place where the Shepherd had told Much-Afraid He wanted her to go?
2. What was the first thing Much-Afraid and her companions realized while in the Kingdom of Love?
3. What did the Shepherd do when Much-Afraid sang Sorrow's song?
4. What else did Much Afraid notice about herself after she got out of the pool of water where she had bathed?
5. What did Much-Afraid realize after spending time in the cabin with her companions?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)