|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was growing in Much-Afraid's heart?
(a) The Rose of Sharon.
(b) The Flower of Love.
(c) The Red Flower.
(d) The Golden Flower.
2. How did Grace and Glory feel about her family?
(a) She felt bad for them.
(b) She still hated them.
(c) She hoped she'd never see them again.
(d) She was still afraid of them.
3. What was in the valley where the King of Love took Grace and Glory and her companions?
(a) A home with many rooms, surrounded by every luxury imaginable.
(b) A castle that was built just for them.
(c) A giant pool with servents to care for them.
(d) It was filled with beautiful gardens with every flower, herb, and spice imaginable.
4. For the first time since starting the journey to the High Places, while in the Valley of Loss and feeling uncertain, what did Much-Afraid do?
(a) She laughed and plunged on.
(b) She shouted at the Shepherd in anger.
(c) She asked her companions to pray with her.
(d) She asked herself if her relatives had been right in everything they had said.
5. What surprise did Much-Afraid and her companions have when they got to the foot of the second mountain?
(a) There were steps carved into the side of the mountain, making the trip up easier.
(b) The Shepherd was waiting and there was a cable with chairs to make the ascent.
(c) There was a rope and pullies with the Shepherd there to pull them up.
(d) There was no surprise, just another steep mountain.
6. What was the third lesson Much-Afraid learned on her journey to the High Places?
(a) That the Shepherd never lied.
(b) That the Shepherd never saw her as lame or weak, but always treated her as though she was special.
(c) That she was better than her Fearling relatives.
(d) That she could do anything if she tried.
7. What did Much-Afraid realize after spending time in the cabin with her companions?
(a) That she felt joy and pleasure in the company of the twin sisters.
(b) She had cabin fever.
(c) She wanted to return to the Valley of Humiliation.
(d) She hated storms.
8. Who is the Shepherd?
(a) The King of Love.
(b) Anyone he wanted to be.
(c) The son of royalty.
(d) A peasant's son.
9. When she could not remove the plant from her heart, what did Much-Afraid do?
(a) She asked the priest of the altar to tie her down and do it for her.
(b) She asked which way was the quickest to go home.
(c) She fainted.
(d) She tried to think of a way out of doing what the Shepherd wanted.
10. What was the second lesson Much-Afraid learned on her journey to the High Places?
(a) That she had to fight for herself to be strong.
(b) That she had to stand up to bullies.
(c) That she could take a lot more than she thought.
(d) That she must bear all that others did to her and to forgive them.
11. What happened as Much-Afraid and the twin sisters wandered around in the mist?
(a) They lost their sense of direction.
(b) Once again the Fearlings hurled verbal attacks on them.
(c) They made mud pies.
(d) They got stuck in the mud.
12. What else did Much Afraid notice about herself after she got out of the pool of water where she had bathed?
(a) Her face was no longer ugly and twisted.
(b) She was alone.
(c) She couldn't sleep.
(d) She was hungry.
13. What did the Voice tell Much-Afraid to do after she tried to drink the foul water?
(a) Break off a piece of branch from the tree growing beside the spring and throw it into the water.
(b) She was to stir the water with a tree branch and it would become drinkable.
(c) She was to go to another spring where the water was fresh.
(d) She was to get the water directly below the tree that grew by the spring.
14. What did Much-Afraid and her companions face as the mist cleared from the mountain?
(a) The Fearlings were blocking their path to move forward.
(b) They faced the end of the path and didn't know which way to go.
(c) Their path was a steep decline into a valley, then back up an ascent that was higher and steeper than the Precipice of Injury.
(d) There was a village and a place to rest.
15. How many days passed before Much-Afraid and the twins reached the place where the Shepherd had told Much-Afraid He wanted her to go?
Short Answer Questions
1. What could Grace and Glory see from the edge of the High Places?
2. Where in the High Places, or Kingdom of Love, were Much-Afraid and the twins for the next several weeks?
3. Just when Much-Afraid thought she could not go forward in the Valley of Loss, even with her companions, what did she do?
4. As they walked through the mist, what did Much-Afraid finally do so she would not have to listen to the taunts from her family?
5. When the Shepherd came to Much-Afraid in the cabin what did He ask her to do?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)