|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Encounter with Pride.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What awakened Much-Afraid from her sleep the night after the foiled abduction?
(a) The Shepherd asking why she never came.
(b) An agonizing pain.
(c) The voices of the Fearlings outside her window.
(d) A nightmare about marrying Craven Fearling.
2. What did Much-Afraid remember that gave her hope that she would find the Shepherd?
(a) That she was a Fearling, and Fearlings never gave up.
(b) That she probably should just marry her cousin.
(c) That she was strong and could make the trip alone.
(d) The last verse of the song she had read.
3. Why was Pride chosen for his designated task in the chapter, "Encounters with Pride"?
(a) He was handsome and could woo Much-Afraid.
(b) He was too proud to admit defeat and wouldn't give up.
(c) He was quick and would kidnap her.
(d) The Shepherd liked him.
4. What did Much-Afraid find when when got to the sheepfolds?
(a) Two undershepherds watching over the flocks of sheep.
(b) No one was tending the sheep.
(c) They were preparing to leave.
(d) The sheep were stirring.
5. What are Hind's Feet?
(a) The feet of a female deer.
(b) The feet of a mountain goat.
(c) The back feet of a sheep.
(d) Feet that are not crippled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Much-Afraid want to please?
2. How does Much-Afraid react to the companions the Shepherd chose for her on her journey to the High Places?
3. Who does Much-Afraid's cottage belong to?
4. What does the Shepherd tell Much-Afraid she must learn on her journey?
5. Who is Much-Afraid supposed to marry?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)