|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what organization was Vance purchasing children's toys shortly before Christmas last year, according to his narrative in the Conclusion?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) Toys for Tots.
(c) The Mercenary Club.
(d) The Salvation Army.
2. How much money per month did Vance send to his grandmother after her insurance premiums went up too much for her to afford them in Chapter 10?
3. What did Mamaw refuse to buy her grandchildren because they kept getting stolen?
4. What does LSAT stand for?
(a) Legal Standards Associate's Test.
(b) Legal and Social Associates Test.
(c) Law School Admissions Test.
(d) Law Standards Associate Test.
5. What score did both Vance and his sister Lindsay score on the ACE quiz that he gave his family?
6. To whom in his family does Vance compare his own behavior when dealing with Usha in the early months of their relationship in Chapter 14?
(a) His sister.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
7. How many recruits were in Vance's Marine Corps boot camp platoon at the beginning of boot camp?
8. Which of the top law schools did Vance not apply to because he needed a sign-off from the dean of his undergraduate college?
9. What are referred to as the mythical "top three" law schools in Chapter 12?
(a) Rutgers, Princeton, and Yale.
(b) Harvard, Princeton, and Stanford.
(c) Yale, Harvard, and Stanford.
(d) Yale, Princeton, and Brown.
10. To what does Vance compare disagreements in his family in Chapter 14?
11. What celebrity did Mamaw consider to be the embodiment of the American Dream, according to Vance in Chapter 10?
(a) Arnold Schwarzenegger.
(b) George W. Bush.
(c) Ronald Reagan.
(d) Bill Clinton.
12. Who is the Yale contracts professor that Vance thanks in the Acknowledgments?
(a) Jennifer McGuffey.
(b) Ron Selby.
(c) Amy Chua.
(d) William Julius Wilson.
13. Why was Gail largely excommunicated from her family?
(a) Because she was convicted of murder.
(b) Because she had a child out of wedlock.
(c) Because she was a drug addict.
(d) Because she had a mixed-race child.
14. What is Aunt Wee's real name?
(a) Anna Smith.
(b) Lori Meibers.
(c) Jennifer McGuffey.
(d) Mary Schwartz.
15. When does Vance describe The Yale Law Journal writing competition kicking off in Chapter 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does author J. D. Vance currently live?
2. How old was Vance when he first had what would become a recurring nightmare?
3. In what grade in school was Vance when his grandmother forbade him to hang out with friends who were smoking weed?
4. Who is described as running the transfer students' office at Appalachian State University in Chapter 15?
5. What is the descent of law firm recruiters every August referred to by the students at Yale Law School?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)