|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What verse from the Bible did Vance read on Mamaw's death bed?
(a) Corinthians, 13: 12.
(b) Genesis: 15: 7.
(c) Genesis, 3: 15.
(d) James: 14: 1.
2. How long do students study to earn a degree at Yale Law School?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 years.
3. What amount of money does Vance describe as unreasonable as a salary in Middletown, but the salary that graduates of Yale Law School expected to earn in their first year out of school in Chapter 12?
4. To whom in his family does Vance compare his own behavior when dealing with Usha in the early months of their relationship in Chapter 14?
(a) His sister.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. What is the name of the theater where Abraham Lincoln was shot?
(a) Labrynth Theater.
(b) Lucille Lortell Theater.
(c) White Theater.
(d) Ford's Theater.
6. To what does Vance compare disagreements in his family in Chapter 14?
7. What is the descent of law firm recruiters every August referred to by the students at Yale Law School?
8. Which of her siblings did Mamaw ask for old golf clubs for Vance when he was learning to play?
(a) Uncle Jack.
(b) Uncle Bo.
(c) Uncle Gary.
(d) Uncle Pet.
9. Where did Vance have lunch with his sister Lindsay on the day of his orientation at Ohio State?
10. Where does author J. D. Vance currently live?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
11. What is the name of the holler where Mamaw was buried in the family cemetery?
12. Who is Bonnie's mother?
(a) Aunt Katie.
(b) Aunt Wee.
(c) Aunt Jeane.
(d) Aunt Jamie.
13. What kind of wine does Vance describe having asked for at the elite meeting with a law agency based on its ability to be pronounced in Chapter 13?
(b) Sauvignon blanc.
(c) Pinot gricio.
14. What did Aunt Wee score on the quiz for ACE that Vance gave her?
15. What celebrity did Mamaw consider to be the embodiment of the American Dream, according to Vance in Chapter 10?
(a) Bill Clinton.
(b) Arnold Schwarzenegger.
(c) Ronald Reagan.
(d) George W. Bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Marine Corps boot camp last?
2. In what war did Vance serve as a Marine?
3. Who is Vance's cousin who sold his mother's house because he could not trust his neighbors not to ransack it?
4. What nickname did Vance's group of friends in the constitutional law seminar at Yale call themselves?
5. How does Vance describe himself at Yale Law School?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)