|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Bonnie when she asked her parents to donate her Christmas presents to Middletown's needy?
2. What is Vance's sister Lindsay's last name?
3. What nickname did Vance's group of friends in the constitutional law seminar at Yale call themselves?
(a) The Paris showhouse.
(b) The Voltovs.
(c) The moxy club.
(d) The island of misfit toys.
4. What amount of money does Vance describe as unreasonable as a salary in Middletown, but the salary that graduates of Yale Law School expected to earn in their first year out of school in Chapter 12?
5. What celebrity did Mamaw consider to be the embodiment of the American Dream, according to Vance in Chapter 10?
(a) George W. Bush.
(b) Bill Clinton.
(c) Ronald Reagan.
(d) Arnold Schwarzenegger.
6. What did Aunt Wee score on the quiz for ACE that Vance gave her?
7. How much money in earnings did Vance have when he was discharged from the Marine Corps?
8. What does Vance say Usha often received as Christmas presents in the Conclusion?
(c) Trendy toys.
9. How long does Marine Corps boot camp last?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 12 weeks.
(c) 13 weeks.
(d) 6 months.
10. Who is described as running the transfer students' office at Appalachian State University in Chapter 15?
(a) Jane Rex.
(b) Bob Schuler.
(c) William Julius Wilson.
(d) Bob Hamel.
11. What are referred to as the mythical "top three" law schools in Chapter 12?
(a) Yale, Harvard, and Stanford.
(b) Harvard, Princeton, and Stanford.
(c) Rutgers, Princeton, and Yale.
(d) Yale, Princeton, and Brown.
12. What is the story of Brian's mother in the Conclusion?
(a) She is in the military.
(b) She is in law school.
(c) She recently died.
(d) She is in prison.
13. How long do students study to earn a degree at Yale Law School?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 2 years.
14. When does Vance describe The Yale Law Journal writing competition kicking off in Chapter 13?
15. What kind of wine does Vance describe having asked for at the elite meeting with a law agency based on its ability to be pronounced in Chapter 13?
(c) Sauvignon blanc.
(d) Pinot gricio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of her siblings did Mamaw ask for old golf clubs for Vance when he was learning to play?
2. According to a student survey cited by Vance in Chapter 12, what percentage of Yale Law Schools students qualify as upper-middle class or higher?
3. Who was the senator that Vance worked for at the Ohio Statehouse while attending college?
4. How old was Vance when he first had what would become a recurring nightmare?
5. When was Mamaw's 72nd birthday?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)