|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Vance describe Papaw having coffee with his old Armco buddies every morning in Chapter 7?
2. Who is the only Republican that Papaw ever voted for in a presidential election?
(a) George W. Bush.
(b) George H. W. Bush.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
3. Who did Lindsay marry after Papaw's death?
4. What did Mamaw tell Vance that there was nothing lower than when he was growing up?
(a) The poor stealing from the poor.
(b) Being a bully.
(d) Cheating on one's spouse.
5. What was the first chapter-book that Vance's mother bought him when he learned to read?
(a) Curious George.
(b) Anne of Green Gables.
(c) Space Brat.
(d) The Wind in the Willows.
6. Where does Vance describe his Uncle Jimmy flying him and Lindsay to visit his home in Chapter 5?
(a) Houston, Texas.
(b) Las Vegas, Nevada.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Napa, California.
7. Who intervened when Mamaw almost shot a man for stealing one of the family's cows?
(a) Uncle David.
(b) Uncle John.
(c) Uncle Pete.
(d) Uncle Pet.
8. Where did Vance's mother go for drug addiction rehab after Papaw's death?
(a) The Medford Center for Addiction Treatment.
(b) The Cincinatti Center for Addiction Treatment.
(c) The New Brunswick Center for Addiction Treatment.
(d) The Manhattan Center for Addiction Treatment.
9. In what year was Vance born?
10. When was the merger between Armco Steel and Kawasaki?
11. What family operated a large paper mill in Middletown dating back to the nineteenth century?
(a) The Smith family.
(b) The Betters family.
(c) The Sorg family.
(d) The Zoro family.
12. How many bedrooms were in Mamaw Blanton's house, according to Vance in Chapter 1?
13. To what region does Vance describe the Scots-Irish immigrants in America largely congregating?
(a) The Appalachian Mountain Range.
(b) The Rocky Mountain Range.
(c) The Pacific Coast Mountain Range.
(d) The Mississippi Delta region.
14. How old was Vance when Uncle Teaberry died?
15. Who was Vance's stepfather and his eventual adoptive father?
(a) William Julius Wilson.
(b) Bob Hamel.
(c) Ron Selby.
(d) Don Bowman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Lindsay's firstborn son?
2. Who was Lindsay's first boyfriend at 13?
3. Who wrote the book The Truly Disadvantaged?
4. Where did Ken live when Vance lived with him?
5. What does Vance describe Papaw teaching him to do during his childhood in Chapter 7?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)