|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Vance work to save money before going to graduate school?
(a) A floor tile distribution business.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) An online stock trade company.
(d) A butcher shop.
2. Who did Uncle Pet almost kill for insulting his mother?
(c) Big Red.
(d) Little John.
3. When is Vance's birthday?
(a) July 7.
(b) March 1.
(c) June 30.
(d) August 2.
4. When does Vance describe the first wave of Scots-Irish immigrants landing in the New World in his Introduction?
(a) The 16th century.
(b) The 19th century.
(c) The 18th century.
(d) The 17th century.
5. What was Mamaw's maiden name?
6. For how long had Vance's mother been sober by the time he finished eighth grade?
(a) A year.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 6 months.
7. What television show does Vance describe as his Mamaw's favorite in Chapter 9?
(a) The Sopranos.
(c) Mork and Mindy.
8. In what county is Jackson, Kentucky located?
(a) Breathitt County.
(b) Trinity County.
(c) Clark County.
(d) Anderson County.
9. Where does Vance describe Papaw having coffee with his old Armco buddies every morning in Chapter 7?
10. Where did Ken live when Vance lived with him?
(a) Jackson, Kentucky.
(b) Miamisburg, Ohio.
(c) Cincinnati, Ohio.
(d) Middletown, Ohio.
11. From what post-graduate institution did Vance graduate?
(a) NYU School of Acting.
(b) Yale Law School.
(c) Princeton Law School.
(d) Harvard Law School.
12. How old was Vance when he discovered Uncle David's marijuana plant in his backyard?
13. What were the names of Mamaw's younger sisters?
(a) Betty and Rose.
(b) Jenna and Opal.
(c) Marie and Anna.
(d) Sarah and Anne.
14. How old was Vance when his father gave him up for adoption?
15. In 1970, what percent of white children lived in a neighborhood with poverty rates above ten percent, according to Vance in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what address does Vance describe his Mamaw's house being in Chapter 7?
2. What percentage of white children lived in neighborhoods with poverty rates above 10% in 2000, according to Vance in Chapter 4?
3. About how many people live in Jackson, Kentucky, according to Vance in Chapter 1?
4. Vance says in Chapter 9 that his sister Lindsay once told them that above all else, their mother was what?
5. Who was Lindsay's first boyfriend at 13?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)