|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 - Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vance describe his grandmother convincing him to do for his mother in Chapter 9?
(a) Have her committed.
(b) Go to buy groceries.
(c) Give her "clean" urine.
(d) Drive her to the doctor.
2. Where did Vance have lunch with his sister Lindsay on the day of his orientation at Ohio State?
3. How many bedrooms were in Mamaw Blanton's house, according to Vance in Chapter 1?
4. How old was Vance when Uncle Teaberry died?
5. What is the name of the author's grandfather?
(a) William Jackson.
(b) James Ratcliff.
(c) Jim Vance.
(d) Michael Vance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vance asserts in Chapter 11 that Mamaw had two gods, which were Jesus Christ and what?
2. Where does author J. D. Vance currently live?
3. According to Vance in Chapter 1, most of the people in Jackson, Kentucky live in the mountains surrounding what highway?
4. Which of the top law schools did Vance not apply to because he needed a sign-off from the dean of his undergraduate college?
5. In 1970, what percent of white children lived in a neighborhood with poverty rates above ten percent, according to Vance in Chapter 4?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)