|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Vance's mother go for drug addiction rehab after Papaw's death?
(a) The Cincinatti Center for Addiction Treatment.
(b) The Manhattan Center for Addiction Treatment.
(c) The New Brunswick Center for Addiction Treatment.
(d) The Medford Center for Addiction Treatment.
2. Vance notes in his Introduction that William Julius Wilson, Charles Murray, and others have authored tracts demonstrating that upward mobility fell of in what decade in the U.S.?
(a) The 1950s.
(b) The 1980s.
(c) The 1960s.
(d) The 1970s.
3. In what grade in school was Vance when his grandmother forbade him to hang out with friends who were smoking weed?
(a) Seventh grade.
(b) Ninth grade.
(c) Eighth grade.
(d) Tenth grade.
4. What was Mamaw's dream-career, according to Vance in Chapter 9?
(a) Becoming a doctor.
(b) Becoming a teacher for special needs children.
(c) Becoming a supervisor for an orphanage.
(d) Becoming a lawyer for abused and neglected children.
5. What kind of business did Uncle Gary establish?
(a) A coal mining business.
(b) A roofing business.
(c) A timber business.
(d) A bricklaying business.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Mamaw's 72nd birthday?
2. What is the government program called that offers low-income residents a voucher to rent housing?
3. When was Vance's grandfather (Papaw) born?
4. Where did Vance have lunch with his sister Lindsay on the day of his orientation at Ohio State?
5. When is Vance's birthday?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)