|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who intervened when Mamaw almost shot a man for stealing one of the family's cows?
(a) Uncle John.
(b) Uncle Pet.
(c) Uncle Pete.
(d) Uncle David.
2. What percentage of the public high school's entering freshmen will not make it to graduation in Middletown, according to Vance in Chapter 4?
3. Where did Vance grow up?
(a) Jamestown, Ohio.
(b) Jackson, Mississippi.
(c) Middleton, Ohio.
(d) Jackson, Ohio.
4. What is the name of Vance's father's second wife?
5. According to Vance in Chapter 1, most of the people in Jackson, Kentucky live in the mountains surrounding what highway?
(a) Highway 1.
(b) Highway 101.
(c) Highway 15.
(d) Highway 66.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vance's father's name?
2. What does Vance describe as the only restaurant in Jackson worth sitting down at for a meal in Chapter 7?
3. What relative was Vance smuggled into a hospital to visit on his death bed?
4. What was the first chapter-book that Vance's mother bought him when he learned to read?
5. How old was Vance when he discovered Uncle David's marijuana plant in his backyard?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)