|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Vance grow up?
(a) Middleton, Ohio.
(b) Jamestown, Ohio.
(c) Jackson, Ohio.
(d) Jackson, Mississippi.
2. Who did Uncle Pet almost kill for insulting his mother?
(a) Little John.
(b) Big Red.
3. How much older is Vance's sister Lindsay than he is?
(a) 5 years older.
(b) 6 years older.
(c) 2 years older.
(d) 3 years older.
4. Who was Vance's stepfather and his eventual adoptive father?
(a) Bob Hamel.
(b) Don Bowman.
(c) Ron Selby.
(d) William Julius Wilson.
5. How long does Vance describe the road trip from Middletown, Ohio to Jackson, Kentucky in Chapter 9?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Middletown High School teacher who works with at-risk youth in Middletown and is quoted by Vance in Chapter 4?
2. Vance says in Chapter 9 that his sister Lindsay once told them that above all else, their mother was what?
3. What were the names of Mamaw's younger sisters?
4. How old was Vance when he leapt off a dining room table pretending to be the Incredible Hulk?
5. According to Vance in Chapter 1, most of the people in Jackson, Kentucky live in the mountains surrounding what highway?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)