|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue - Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business did Uncle Gary establish?
(a) A coal mining business.
(b) A bricklaying business.
(c) A timber business.
(d) A roofing business.
2. What was Mamaw's maiden name?
3. Where did Vance grow up?
(a) Jackson, Ohio.
(b) Jackson, Mississippi.
(c) Jamestown, Ohio.
(d) Middleton, Ohio.
4. How old was Vance when he discovered Uncle David's marijuana plant in his backyard?
5. What were the names of Mamaw's younger sisters?
(a) Marie and Anna.
(b) Jenna and Opal.
(c) Sarah and Anne.
(d) Betty and Rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what county is Jackson, Kentucky located?
2. When did Vance's grandparents leave Jackson, Kentucky to move north?
3. Vance opens his Introduction by telling the reader that he finds the existence of the book itself to be what?
4. To what region does Vance describe the Scots-Irish immigrants in America largely congregating?
5. Where did Vance work to save money before going to graduate school?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)