|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relative was Vance smuggled into a hospital to visit on his death bed?
(a) Uncle Pet.
(b) Uncle Teaberry.
(c) Uncle Jackson.
(d) Uncle Tom.
2. When did Vance graduate from Ohio State University?
(a) January, 2008.
(b) September, 2003.
(c) March, 2010.
(d) August, 2009.
3. Where did Vance work to save money before going to graduate school?
(a) An online stock trade company.
(b) A butcher shop.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) A floor tile distribution business.
4. When was the merger between Armco Steel and Kawasaki?
5. What was the first chapter-book that Vance's mother bought him when he learned to read?
(a) Space Brat.
(b) Curious George.
(c) The Wind in the Willows.
(d) Anne of Green Gables.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom in his family does Vance compare his own behavior when dealing with Usha in the early months of their relationship in Chapter 14?
2. What led to Mamaw's hospitalization just before her 72nd birthday?
3. What did Mamaw tell Vance that there was nothing lower than when he was growing up?
4. What is the descent of law firm recruiters every August referred to by the students at Yale Law School?
5. How many recruits were in Vance's Marine Corps boot camp platoon at the beginning of boot camp?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)